Admission: Special Forces were only hours from Benghazi

They were in an untenable position. Monday morning Quartebacking doesn't change that
Maybe if Republicans didn't shoot down funding for Embassy security they could have been saved

Talk about Monday morning quarterbacking. :cuckoo:
As for the funding, that has been debunked already.

House Republicans voted to cut the administration’s request for embassy security funding by $128 million,” Clay added. He said that the Accountability Review Board backed up the assertion that a reduction of funding for security for high-risk, temporary outposts was critical.

Nordstrom countered that there really “is no such thing” as a temporary facility.

“Were you here on October 10 when the person who had those requests for additional security said money was not a factor – [Deputy Assistant Secretary of State] Charlene Lamb?” asked Issa.

“I can’t remember if I was…” Clay said before being cut off.

Issa turned to Nordstrom who was also on that panel. “She said that resources was not an issue,” he said. He added that the ARB report confirmed resources were not an issue.

Clay replied that he was wrong and that the ARB report draws the opposite conclusion. Nordstrom said that the ARB did not question the right people in making that determination.

Issa replied that the Benghazi consulate had been attacked twice, and there was wide recognition that the Benghazi outpost lacked appropriate security staffing.
Darrell Issa, Whistleblower Blast Dem Rep Who Claimed GOP?s Budget Cuts Contributed To Benghazi Deaths | Mediaite

Swing and a miss!!!!

If Republicans had provided requested funding, four Americans would be alive today

The blood is on the hands of the GOP.

They hung our embassy out to dry....Bastards

LOL! Oh brother. We're really scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

Talk about Monday morning quarterbacking. :cuckoo:
As for the funding, that has been debunked already.

House Republicans voted to cut the administration’s request for embassy security funding by $128 million,” Clay added. He said that the Accountability Review Board backed up the assertion that a reduction of funding for security for high-risk, temporary outposts was critical.

Nordstrom countered that there really “is no such thing” as a temporary facility.

“Were you here on October 10 when the person who had those requests for additional security said money was not a factor – [Deputy Assistant Secretary of State] Charlene Lamb?” asked Issa.

“I can’t remember if I was…” Clay said before being cut off.

Issa turned to Nordstrom who was also on that panel. “She said that resources was not an issue,” he said. He added that the ARB report confirmed resources were not an issue.

Clay replied that he was wrong and that the ARB report draws the opposite conclusion. Nordstrom said that the ARB did not question the right people in making that determination.

Issa replied that the Benghazi consulate had been attacked twice, and there was wide recognition that the Benghazi outpost lacked appropriate security staffing.
Darrell Issa, Whistleblower Blast Dem Rep Who Claimed GOP?s Budget Cuts Contributed To Benghazi Deaths | Mediaite

Swing and a miss!!!!

If Republicans had provided requested funding, four Americans would be alive today

Bullshit

$128 million could have paid for 100 armed guards at Benghazi

Republicans cheaped out and left our people to die

Bullshit

It had nothing to do with money according to Obama's own State Department.
Can I just add one more thing? The State Department spent 108,000 dollars on Chevy Volt charging stations for the American embassy in Vienna in an attempt to make embassies "green" in the same fiscal year that they denied money to Ambassador Stevens. No, money was not the problem. A lack of leadership was.

Last edited:

Bullshit

Can I just add one more thing? The State Department spent 108,000 dollars on Chevy Volt charging stations for the American embassy in Vienna in an attempt to make embassies "green" in the same fiscal year that they denied money to Ambassador Stevens. No, money was not the problem. A lack of leadership was.

Leftwinger has had his ass handed to him, but still wants to argue......just makes him look silly and lacks credibility.
The funds were there for Benghazi, that has been proven.

Bullshit

Leftwinger has had his ass handed to him, but still wants to argue......just makes him look silly and lacks credibility.
The funds were there for Benghazi, that has been proven.

Evidently not

Bullshit

Lying liberals. Man when you folks wish to cover for Obama you will event any truth.

Bullshit

You liberals are just too much. Let us say that the lie you are pushing is true, and I am sure in your reality it is true. Why in the hell would you or anyone of any common sense send an ambassador into such an unguarded place? I really don't think you people realize how unbearably stupid you sound. The ambassador was put in a situation where there was no back and as you say little protection that is all the result of negligent leadership.

Last edited:
I'll look up Eagle Claw when you look up Benghazi. Now just hold off on the White House talking points and "tea bagger" childish pejoratives for a second. We know that there was real time information coming from Benghazi. We know special ops were getting ready to go to Benghazi. We know there were people on a phone in Benghazi begging for help. Now, unlike you, I don't pretend to know what exactly happened but since the White House doesn't seem to want to tell us what happened then I can only remain suspicious. Yea yea, I know! You were in the Navy. Unless you were in Benghazi though I'm not sure you have anything to add except the repetition of questionable statements to the press.

Actually, not only have I looked up Benghazi, but I've also spent quite a bit of time in front of a television while the news gave me what it had about that (from both sides). It seems that there was a diplomat named Stephens who was killed (along with 3 others), and he'd been not only a really bad ass diplomat (going in among the people and was well liked) but also had a good relationship with the people. However................there were about 3 attacks on where he was at (by Taliban) prior to the attack that took his life.

Yeah.........................the special ops may have been getting ready to go in, but they were stopped because there wasn't enough intel to send them in. But...................like I said, if you knew anything about military operations, you'd also know that they tell you to get ready to go in, but you're also given an order of "hurry up and wait".

As far as repeating questionable statements to the press, why are you currently parroting the GOP?

And...........................since you've recognized that I'd served in the Navy, I have 2 questions.

Did you look up Eagle Claw?

Did you serve?

If there had been at least 3 attacks PRIOR to the one that took Stephens life, then why in hell wouldn't the govt sent extra security to that Embassy when it was asked for? And especially with the anniversary of 9/11 coming up? That screwed up or they didn't care....those are the only 2 answers.

I'll look up Eagle Claw when you look up Benghazi. Now just hold off on the White House talking points and "tea bagger" childish pejoratives for a second. We know that there was real time information coming from Benghazi. We know special ops were getting ready to go to Benghazi. We know there were people on a phone in Benghazi begging for help. Now, unlike you, I don't pretend to know what exactly happened but since the White House doesn't seem to want to tell us what happened then I can only remain suspicious. Yea yea, I know! You were in the Navy. Unless you were in Benghazi though I'm not sure you have anything to add except the repetition of questionable statements to the press.

Actually, not only have I looked up Benghazi, but I've also spent quite a bit of time in front of a television while the news gave me what it had about that (from both sides). It seems that there was a diplomat named Stephens who was killed (along with 3 others), and he'd been not only a really bad ass diplomat (going in among the people and was well liked) but also had a good relationship with the people. However................there were about 3 attacks on where he was at (by Taliban) prior to the attack that took his life.

Yeah.........................the special ops may have been getting ready to go in, but they were stopped because there wasn't enough intel to send them in. But...................like I said, if you knew anything about military operations, you'd also know that they tell you to get ready to go in, but you're also given an order of "hurry up and wait".

As far as repeating questionable statements to the press, why are you currently parroting the GOP?

And...........................since you've recognized that I'd served in the Navy, I have 2 questions.

Did you serve?

If there had been at least 3 attacks PRIOR to the one that took Stephens life, then why in hell wouldn't the govt sent extra security to that Embassy when it was asked for? And especially with the anniversary of 9/11 coming up? That screwed up or they didn't care....those are the only 2 answers.

Because the GOP was so interested in cutting spending, that the refused to add a bit more money to keep him safe.

The original message about 9/11 came from Cairo Egypt, not Benghazi. And, they didn't try to incite the people, they said they understand about the anniversary, and asked for no protests.

The attack on Benghazi was planned a lot longer than before what happened on 9/11. I'm guessing it was probably more along the lines of about a month, based on the pattern of attacks that happened previously.

Did you serve?

Because the GOP was so interested in cutting spending, that the refused to add a bit more money to keep him safe.

The original message about 9/11 came from Cairo Egypt, not Benghazi. And, they didn't try to incite the people, they said they understand about the anniversary, and asked for no protests.

The attack on Benghazi was planned a lot longer than before what happened on 9/11. I'm guessing it was probably more along the lines of about a month, based on the pattern of attacks that happened previously.

The ARB report stated that funding wasn't an issue.

Barbara Boxer?s claim that GOP budgets hampered Benghazi security - The Washington Post

Don't try to mislead people Sailor. I've already whipped two liberals on the board for lying tonight, you are asking to be the next.

Wanna explain why they said that there was funding cut from that particular program?

Wanna explain why you think there is a connection between "cutting" funding and letting Americans die in Benghazi?
Since you only allow yourself to read left leaning sources I found one for you.
Are Budget Cuts to Blame for Benghazi Attack, as Biden Suggested? - The Daily Beast
Seriously, you need some new material. Preferably, material that already hasn't been debunked a thousand times would be nice and refreshing.

Last edited:
Wanna explain why they said that there was funding cut from that particular program?

Wanna explain why you think there is a connection between "cutting" funding and letting Americans die in Benghazi?
Are Budget Cuts to Blame for Benghazi Attack, as Biden Suggested? - The Daily Beast
Seriously, you need some new material. Preferably, material that already hasn't been debunked a thousand times would be nice and refreshing.

If you don't have the funding, you can't get the defense (in either military or contractor defense) for the place.

If Benghazi had more people defending it, don't you think they might have had a chance?

Think about it....................4 more guns and trained people, at the cost of a mere 400,000 dollars may have made the difference.

Cut the funding, you cut the security.

If you don't have the funding, you can't get the defense (in either military or contractor defense) for the place.

If Benghazi had more people defending it, don't you think they might have had a chance?

Think about it....................4 more guns and trained people, at the cost of a mere 400,000 dollars may have made the difference.

Oh I get it. You're just going to keep repeating yourself without reading links that prove you wrong. I got it.

Bullshit

Lying liberals. Man when you folks wish to cover for Obama you will event any truth.

They will get down on their knees and lick Obama's shitty butt hole quicker than a Congressman can agree to a bribe.

Last edited:

That doesn't get Obama and Hillary off the hook. If the Republicans knew security wasn't adequate in Benghazi, then Hillary and Obama should have known it even better, and they should never put the ambassador in such a position. You're only making yourself look pathetically stupid and sleazy by trying to shift the blame to the Republicans. DO you really want to imply that Obama and Hillary were helpless to do anything about the situation? That just means they are utterly incompetent.

Oh I get it. You're just going to keep repeating yourself without reading links that prove you wrong. I got it.

That's from the "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" school of liberal rhetoric.

Forum List

Back