Admission: Special Forces were only hours from Benghazi

ABikerSailor- I really do honor and appreciate your service to this country. I do however, think that using your history as a way to stop debate and then ask me what my military experience was (as a way to stagnate the conversation on Benghazi) was kind of shitty. Just an opinion.

His question about your military service was a fair question. Another opinion.

Why was it a fair question?
Do you think he was disappointed when I answered "yes" I was in the military?
Is that why he went off with the whole name calling thing?
Were you in the military?
If you were in the military please explain to us what happened in Benghazi.
Also. Did you go to college?
What did you get a degree in?
Does your degree have anything to do military history?
If not then why do you have the audacity to discuss Benghazi?
Is your wife a red head?
Personally, I tend to steer away from personal questions for several reasons, such as...
#1. People often lie
#2. I don't care
#3. I hope my argument can stand on it's own

In other words, paranoia.

Because the GOP was so interested in cutting spending, that the refused to add a bit more money to keep him safe.

The original message about 9/11 came from Cairo Egypt, not Benghazi. And, they didn't try to incite the people, they said they understand about the anniversary, and asked for no protests.

The attack on Benghazi was planned a lot longer than before what happened on 9/11. I'm guessing it was probably more along the lines of about a month, based on the pattern of attacks that happened previously.

That doesn't get Obama and Hillary off the hook. If the Republicans knew security wasn't adequate in Benghazi, then Hillary and Obama should have known it even better, and they should never put the ambassador in such a position. You're only making yourself look pathetically stupid and sleazy by trying to shift the blame to the Republicans. DO you really want to imply that Obama and Hillary were helpless to do anything about the situation? That just means they are utterly incompetent.

Actually, Hillary knew it wasn't adequate.

Why else would she ask Congress for the additional funding? Only problem is, it was voted down and her request was denied (by the GOP).

And oh...............btw....................nothing came up to Obama because the Congress killed it before it could get to him.

And yeah...........................the fault is because of what the Republicans voted down.

Because the GOP was so interested in cutting spending, that the refused to add a bit more money to keep him safe.

The original message about 9/11 came from Cairo Egypt, not Benghazi. And, they didn't try to incite the people, they said they understand about the anniversary, and asked for no protests.

The attack on Benghazi was planned a lot longer than before what happened on 9/11. I'm guessing it was probably more along the lines of about a month, based on the pattern of attacks that happened previously.

That doesn't get Obama and Hillary off the hook. If the Republicans knew security wasn't adequate in Benghazi, then Hillary and Obama should have known it even better, and they should never put the ambassador in such a position. You're only making yourself look pathetically stupid and sleazy by trying to shift the blame to the Republicans. DO you really want to imply that Obama and Hillary were helpless to do anything about the situation? That just means they are utterly incompetent.

Why else would she ask Congress for the additional funding? Only problem is, it was voted down and her request was denied (by the GOP).

And oh...............btw....................nothing came up to Obama because the Congress killed it before it could get to him.

And yeah...........................the fault is because of what the Republicans voted down.

So Hillary knew security wasn't adequate, but she allowed the Ambassador to go into such a situation? And you think that's a good excuse?

You're serious?

So Hillary knew security wasn't adequate, but she allowed the Ambassador to go into such a situation? And you think that's a good excuse?

You're serious?

Actually, Hillary knew what he was going into, which is why she asked for the additional funds for defense.

However....................the ambassador was doing good and thought he could do better if he was in Benghazi, which is why he also asked for the additional funds (through Hillary), because many of the people in that town trusted and liked him, as well as were willing to work with him.

He asked, Hillary asked, and yet the GOP voted the funds down because they were in favor of cutting government spending (because of the Tea Party, which were a bunch of newbies who knew nothing about what was really going on because they hadn't been there).

So they could of made it? If the stand down came from Obama he should be impeached for this.

Actually, it was SECDEF Panetta who said not to go in, because the only asset they had at the time was a single drone over the area, and there wasn't enough intel to properly execute a rescue and extraction mission without putting the lives of those who would be sent in at serious risk.

Which would you prefer? 4 dead people, or 4 dead people and a dead special ops extraction force?

Remember....................Carter took a beating (and lost reelection) because he sent in special operations members for Operation Eagle Claw during the Iran hostage crisis and lost several soldiers as well as 2 aircraft.

It would have been a lot more than the "extraction force" that would have been killed.

Think "Black Hawk Down".

You're serious?

Stevens did not want more security..

Christopher Stevens, the U.S. Ambassador to Libya, who was killed along with three other Americans after terrorists stormed the mission, twice turned down offers from senior military officials for additional security at the facility, McClatchy news services reported.

“(Stevens) didn’t say why. He just turned it down,” an unnamed defense official told McClatchy.

A Libyan man investigates the inside of the U.S. Consulate, after an attack that killed four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens on Sept. 11, 2012.
Mohammad Hannon/AP

A Libyan man investigates the inside of the U.S. Consulate, after an attack that killed four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens on Sept. 11, 2012.

In August, officials at the mission had drafted cables to Washington requesting “security upgrades, and staffing,” according to the report.

Read more: Late Benghazi U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens turned down offers of more security ? twice: report - NY Daily News

Christ. Bullshit Biker.

The funding issue has been debunked how many times??

They had warnings up the ass that something was going to happen. Hell. They had 9-11 coming up. Duuuhhh.

They should have beefed up security or shut the damned embassy and pulled out just like the Brits and the Red Cross did. They moved out because of those warnings.

Obamas State Deparment dropped the ball big time. The ineptness of State cost the lives of four very good men. One of em the Ambassador.

As for Spec Ops? They didn't have enough intel? Good Gawd. They had guys on the scene relaying info. How much intel does one need to know the consulate was under attack? They also had the drone overhead.

They also apparantly had a stand down order. One has to wonder what fucking idiot order that?

Wanna explain why they said that there was funding cut from that particular program?

Wanna explain why you think there is a connection between "cutting" funding and letting Americans die in Benghazi?
Since you only allow yourself to read left leaning sources I found one for you.
Are Budget Cuts to Blame for Benghazi Attack, as Biden Suggested? - The Daily Beast
Seriously, you need some new material. Preferably, material that already hasn't been debunked a thousand times would be nice and refreshing.

If you don't have the funding, you can't get the defense (in either military or contractor defense) for the place.

If Benghazi had more people defending it, don't you think they might have had a chance?

Think about it....................4 more guns and trained people, at the cost of a mere 400,000 dollars may have made the difference.

Cut the funding, you cut the security.
Again, I post this.......
House Republicans voted to cut the administration’s request for embassy security funding by $128 million,” Clay added. He said that the Accountability Review Board backed up the assertion that a reduction of funding for security for high-risk, temporary outposts was critical.

Nordstrom countered that there really “is no such thing” as a temporary facility.

“Were you here on October 10 when the person who had those requests for additional security said money was not a factor – [Deputy Assistant Secretary of State] Charlene Lamb?” asked Issa.

“I can’t remember if I was…” Clay said before being cut off.

Issa turned to Nordstrom who was also on that panel. “She said that resources was not an issue,” he said. He added that the ARB report confirmed resources were not an issue.

Clay replied that he was wrong and that the ARB report draws the opposite conclusion. Nordstrom said that the ARB did not question the right people in making that determination.

Issa replied that the Benghazi consulate had been attacked twice, and there was wide recognition that the Benghazi outpost lacked appropriate security staffing.
Darrell Issa, Whistleblower Blast Dem Rep Who Claimed GOP?s Budget Cuts Contributed To Benghazi Deaths | Mediaite

The issue wasn't the funding, even Obama's administration admitted that.

Yeah, who would think to beef up our security on 9/11. :cuckoo:

-Geaux

Hey dude, how many calls did YOU make to the WH demanding that the embassy security be "beefed" up on 9/11? Not one call did you make. Right?

Maybe we would have had we known that the Ambassador was sent into a hell hole that we just bombed the crap out of and with little protection or back up. Of course we couldn't' have known of something so stupid being done, that was the job of Hillary and Obama. How many calls did they make?

The State Department Accountability Review Board chaired by Pickering and Mullen omitted any mention of this purpose for Amb. Stevens’ Sept. 11 presence in Benghazi. The report said the ambassador had dinner with the Benghazi city council on the night of Sept. 10, 2012, and had a briefing that day at the Annex, a facility operated by the CIA. “Ambassador Stevens was scheduled to remain in Benghazi until September 14, and his visit was timed in part to fill the staffing gaps between TDY [temporary duty] principal officers as well as to open an American Corner at a local school and to reconnect with local contacts,” the report also said. "The Board found that Ambassador Stevens made the decision to travel to Benghazi independently of Washington, per standard practice," said the report. "Timing for his trip was driven in part by commitments in Tripoli, as well as a staffing gap between principal officers in Benghazi." - See more at: Testimony: Stevens Went to Benghazi Mission on 9/11/12 So Clinton Could Announce on Upcoming Libyan Visit It Had Become Permanent U.S. Post | CNS News

His question about your military service was a fair question. Another opinion.

Why was it a fair question?
Do you think he was disappointed when I answered "yes" I was in the military?
Is that why he went off with the whole name calling thing?
Were you in the military?
If you were in the military please explain to us what happened in Benghazi.
Also. Did you go to college?
What did you get a degree in?
Does your degree have anything to do military history?
If not then why do you have the audacity to discuss Benghazi?
Is your wife a red head?
Personally, I tend to steer away from personal questions for several reasons, such as...
#1. People often lie
#2. I don't care
#3. I hope my argument can stand on it's own

In other words, paranoia.

Thanks for the drive by snippy attack but I still would like to know if you were in the military.

So they could of made it? If the stand down came from Obama he should be impeached for this.

Actually, it was SECDEF Panetta who said not to go in, because the only asset they had at the time was a single drone over the area, and there wasn't enough intel to properly execute a rescue and extraction mission without putting the lives of those who would be sent in at serious risk.
Which would you prefer? 4 dead people, or 4 dead people and a dead special ops extraction force?

Remember....................Carter took a beating (and lost reelection) because he sent in special operations members for Operation Eagle Claw during the Iran hostage crisis and lost several soldiers as well as 2 aircraft.

Just more proof Liberals have no clue...

They are Special Forces dumb ass, it is their job...

That's right, he didn't want to do it before the election, he is our POTUS, glad I know where his moral compass is at...

Just more proof Liberals have no clue...

They are Special Forces dumb ass, it is their job...

That's right, he didn't want to do it before the election, he is our POTUS, glad I know where his moral compass is at...

Just out of quick curiosity................how many SPECOPS types do you know?

Me? I know about 3 or 4 SEALs, and have met a couple of RECON types.

They ALL depend on decent intel, because you can't do a surgical mission without it.

And no...............considering that it costs about 1,000,000 to 1,500,000 per soldier to train, do you REALLY think they're going to send in someone that valuable on just a couple of bits of info?

If so.....................you're really stupid and don't know shit about how the military operates.

It had nothing to do with money according to Obama's own State Department.
Can I just add one more thing? The State Department spent 108,000 dollars on Chevy Volt charging stations for the American embassy in Vienna in an attempt to make embassies "green" in the same fiscal year that they denied money to Ambassador Stevens. No, money was not the problem. A lack of leadership was.

Leftwinger has had his ass handed to him, but still wants to argue......just makes him look silly and lacks credibility.
The funds were there for Benghazi, that has been proven.

Evidently not

There's no way to put lipstick on this pig, RW. When the ambassador asked for help, the administration went AWOL. The rest is a real sad history of thugs murdering an American ambassador whose requests were shunned.

Real time emails were being sent describing 20 armed terrorists attacking our Benghazi consulate
Well you get this part right.

as well as real time video from a drone.
No John, the drone arrived 50 minutes after being redirected.
So BATTLE OVER, long ago.

Not to mention Benghazi has 1 million population and pretty large.
What exactly do you think this drone could see, AT NIGHT, in a huge urban center.

As for logistics, you will have to ask the special ops that were called down about that. I will just remind you that this was not Sweden.

IF the Special ops were sitting in a plane, dressed an ready to go, it would STILL be and hour to get to Benghazi (45 minute battle).

AND they would be jumping into a FOREIGN country, without authorization, into an urban center of a million people. many with GUNS.

The security forces from tripoli that WERE sent to Benghazi WERE DETAINED at the airport, until Libyans could determine WHY they were there.

SO a seal team invasion would NOT have been such a good idea, huh.

This attack did not come out of nowhere. The Benghazi consulate had been attacked twice before 9/11. This is a volatile part of the world. This attack should not have been a surprise.

Which begs the question, WHY did Stevens refuse more security or even GO to Benghazi at this time.
As has been documented. The state department was unaware.

When is Stevens and his security going to get some heat for making DUMB decisions?

no he didn't, and though this hurt him there was a lot more to the election than that....:rolleyes: he took a beating waiting 6 months instead of when the situation was more influx and the regime in a helter skelter state. I always gave him high marks for giving the go ahead, but it was way late......same here.

They had folks in the annex that could have guided them in. Over flights by aircraft from Sigonella would have provided sppt. and they had rural open areas less than a mile away, a sports track and wide open field.....a wide blvd. and shoulders to advance up to the consulate....

IF the Special ops were sitting in a plane, dressed an ready to go, it would STILL be and hour to get to Benghazi (45 minute battle).

AND they would be jumping into a FOREIGN country, without authorization, into an urban center of a million people. many with GUNS.

Classic buddy-fucker justification for leaving comrades in harms way.

Leftwinger has had his ass handed to him, but still wants to argue......just makes him look silly and lacks credibility.
The funds were there for Benghazi, that has been proven.

Evidently not

There's no way to put lipstick on this pig, RW. When the ambassador asked for help, the administration went AWOL. The rest is a real sad history of thugs murdering an American ambassador whose requests were shunned.
Outside of rightwing Fox fantasies.....who was supposed to help?

Classic buddy-fucker justification for leaving comrades in harms way.

Actually, they put them, or allowed them to be in harms way. No a person on the planet would not put 9/11 and bombing the crap out of the country together. It was so obvious the idiocy of allowing the ambassador to be in that situation they had to come up with the video story, one that may have lead to some of the riots we saw in other parts of the world. My opinion, the Ambassador was trading guns that is why he was where he was.

Forum List

Back