Admission: Special Forces were only hours from Benghazi

IF the Special ops were sitting in a plane, dressed an ready to go, it would STILL be and hour to get to Benghazi (45 minute battle).

AND they would be jumping into a FOREIGN country, without authorization, into an urban center of a million people. many with GUNS.

Classic buddy-fucker justification for leaving comrades in harms way.

Actually, they put them, or allowed them to be in harms way. No a person on the planet would not put 9/11 and bombing the crap out of the country together. It was so obvious the idiocy of allowing the ambassador to be in that situation they had to come up with the video story, one that may have lead to some of the riots we saw in other parts of the world. My opinion, the Ambassador was trading guns that is why he was where he was.

I think, at the very least, we can all agree that there are a lot of unanswered questions. Putting the odd defense of the fringe element aside of course.

Last edited:
Real time emails were being sent describing 20 armed terrorists attacking our Benghazi consulate
Well you get this part right.

as well as real time video from a drone.
No John, the drone arrived 50 minutes after being redirected.
So BATTLE OVER, long ago.

Not to mention Benghazi has 1 million population and pretty large.
What exactly do you think this drone could see, AT NIGHT, in a huge urban center.

As for logistics, you will have to ask the special ops that were called down about that. I will just remind you that this was not Sweden.

IF the Special ops were sitting in a plane, dressed an ready to go, it would STILL be and hour to get to Benghazi (45 minute battle).

AND they would be jumping into a FOREIGN country, without authorization, into an urban center of a million people. many with GUNS.

The security forces from tripoli that WERE sent to Benghazi WERE DETAINED at the airport, until Libyans could determine WHY they were there.

SO a seal team invasion would NOT have been such a good idea, huh.

This attack did not come out of nowhere. The Benghazi consulate had been attacked twice before 9/11. This is a volatile part of the world. This attack should not have been a surprise.

Which begs the question, WHY did Stevens refuse more security or even GO to Benghazi at this time.
As has been documented. The state department was unaware.

When is Stevens and his security going to get some heat for making DUMB decisions?

What could this drone see AT NIGHT? How many people were attacking the consulate is my guess. Along with the information given by the occupants of the diplomatic facility who were begging for help.

The special ops would have taken an hour to get to Benghazi? You mean after the first attack? What about the second attack? Are you sure you have your time frame accurate? Pssst... you don't.

The rest of your argument seems to be a justification on why we shouldn't have gone after Bin Laden... they didn't have authorization from the country where the consulate was... are you serious?

This of course begs the question. Why was Stevens denied the help he pleaded for. This includes BEFORE the attacks on Benghazi. That question can only be answered by the State Department. So far, the answer is unknown.

Also, who the hell told Rice to lie about the origins of the Benghazi attack when it was known for five days that the attack had nothing to do with the tape? Was Rice following orders while looking the other way? Did she know her talking points were inaccurate or is she simply incompetent and lazy?

So many questions. So few answers from this administration.

Last edited:
Leftwinger has had his ass handed to him, but still wants to argue......just makes him look silly and lacks credibility.
The funds were there for Benghazi, that has been proven.

Evidently not

There's no way to put lipstick on this pig, RW. When the ambassador asked for help, the administration went AWOL. The rest is a real sad history of thugs murdering an American ambassador whose requests were shunned.

We now know how the 3AM phone call worked with Obama and Hillary.

Real time emails were being sent describing 20 armed terrorists attacking our Benghazi consulate

What exactly do you think this drone could see, AT NIGHT, in a huge urban center.

The security forces from tripoli that WERE sent to Benghazi WERE DETAINED at the airport, until Libyans could determine WHY they were there.

This attack did not come out of nowhere. The Benghazi consulate had been attacked twice before 9/11. This is a volatile part of the world. This attack should not have been a surprise.

Which begs the question, WHY did Stevens refuse more security or even GO to Benghazi at this time.

When is Stevens and his security going to get some heat for making DUMB decisions?

What could this drone see AT NIGHT? How many people were attacking the consulate is my guess. Along with the information given by the occupants of the diplomatic facility who were begging for help.

The special ops would have taken an hour to get to Benghazi? You mean after the first attack? What about the second attack? Are you sure you have your time frame accurate? Pssst... you don't.

The rest of your argument seems to be a justification on why we shouldn't have gone after Bin Laden... they didn't have authorization from the country where the consulate was... are you serious?

This of course begs the question. Why was Stevens denied the help he pleaded for. This includes BEFORE the attacks on Benghazi. That question can only be answered by the State Department. So far, the answer is unknown.

Also, who the hell told Rice to lie about the origins of the Benghazi attack when it was known for five days that the attack had nothing to do with the tape? Was Rice following orders while looking the other way? Did she know her talking points were inaccurate or is she simply incompetent and lazy?

You DO realize that sending in armed troops to fight without diplomatic permission is considered to be an act of war, right?

If we had sent in a couple of teams without asking permission, it would be the same as declaring war on the country.

Never mind the fact that there was only ONE drone that they had to get information on, and sending in a team without sufficient intelligence is pretty much a suicide mission, right?

You DO realize that sending in armed troops to fight without diplomatic permission is considered to be an act of war, right?

If we had sent in a couple of teams without asking permission, it would be the same as declaring war on the country.

Never mind the fact that there was only ONE drone that they had to get information on, and sending in a team without sufficient intelligence is pretty much a suicide mission, right?

Oh, we declared war on Pakistan when we went in without permission to kill Bin Laden. thanks for explaining that.

Last edited:

Oh, we declared war on Pakistan when we went in without permission to kill Bin Laden. thanks for explaining that.

Wrong, because prior to that we had diplomatic ties with them and both Pakistan and us were trying to get Bin Laden.

We didn't have any agreements like that with Libya.

Try again.

Just more of the 'Cut and Run' tactics of the left.

After all, there was an election to be won and that takes precedence.

Wrong, because prior to that we had diplomatic ties with them and both Pakistan and us were trying to get Bin Laden.

Try again.

Pakistan was trying to get Bin Laden? LOL!!!!!!!!!

Try again.

They were supposed to be our allies in the war on terror. Jr. is the one that started that whole process.

Try again.

They were supposed to be our allies in the war on terror. Jr. is the one that started that whole process.

SUPPOSED to be our allies is right. They are not though. Is this really debatable?

Pakistan knew exactly where OBL was. They protected him.

Pakistan is our allie when it suits them to be. When we PAY them to be and sometimes not even then.

The OBL mission in Pakistan was an entirely different situation than the Benghazi attack. The OBL mission was planned for months. They had intelligence. They had satellite images. They flew in under the cover of night and performed a sneak attack. In Benghazi, it was a spontaneous attack. They had no intelligence on the situation. They didn't know what exactly was going on, how long it would last, or if another attack would occur. Apples and oranges.

I agree J.E.D. that Benghazi and Pakistan are different situations but I personally was responding to the idea that the U.S. shouldn't go into another country without that countries permission. We have gone into many countries without permission to extricate U.S. citizens.
Also, I will disagree with you that we had NO intelligence. We had people on the ground telling us what was happening as well as drone footage in almost real time. Granted, we did not know what kind of boxers the terrorists were wearing but it is very rare that the military has complete intel.
We didn't know what exactly was going on? Didn't we know the U.S. consulate was being attacked? Didn't we know the likelihood of our consulate would be attacked? Wasn't the same consulate attacked several times before?
I would love to hold off on my theories about the attacks and who gave the stand down order but the White House doesn't want to give any information concerning this topic. Consequently, I can't help but remain suspicious.

Admission? This was known since day one. Everything over there is a few hours away.

Exactly. Here is great clip from Rush Limbaugh's show when this story was still somewhat in the so-called mainstream media. Here Lieutenant Colonel "Doug" explains the existing protocol for defending diplomatic missions in peril via Africom. I *highly* recommend you folks listen to this, as it completely shatters the lies from the Obama administration and its acolytes about the seeming inability to defend the Benghazi consulate.

Two things. First, a choice was made by Obama to do nothing. He made this choice because he did not want to risk a disaster in the vein of Mogadishu 1993 during election season. Second, if what the Obama administration says about not being able to provide support in a timely manner is true (and it mostly certainly is not true), then what message does this send to the Islamic terrorists? They know they have many hours of a free-for-all before facing any serious defence.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DURUKwvwRRs]Rush Limbaugh: Former Spec Ops Lt. Col. Doug explains Benghazi & Africom (very informative) - YouTube[/ame]

I agree J.E.D. that Benghazi and Pakistan are different situations but I personally was responding to the idea that the U.S. shouldn't go into another country without that countries permission. We have gone into many countries without permission to extricate U.S. citizens.
Also, I will disagree with you that we had NO intelligence. We had people on the ground telling us what was happening as well as drone footage in almost real time. Granted, we did not know what kind of boxers the terrorists were wearing but it is very rare that the military has complete intel.
We didn't know what exactly was going on? Didn't we know the U.S. consulate was being attacked? Didn't we know the likelihood of our consulate would be attacked? Wasn't the same consulate attacked several times before?
I would love to hold off on my theories about the attacks and who gave the stand down order but the White House doesn't want to give any information concerning this topic. Consequently, I can't help but remain suspicious.

Really? Can you back up your bullshit? Because if you want me to agree with you, you're gonna have to provide links that show we didn't ask permission to go into other countries to get our citizens out.

And...................we really didn't have any intelligence other than a drone that was making photos, sorry, but that's not really enough intel to send a mission in for.

You never served in the military, did you? Because if you did, you'd see how stupid your statements are.

Really? Can you back up your bullshit? Because if you want me to agree with you, you're gonna have to provide links that show we didn't ask permission to go into other countries to get our citizens out.

And...................we really didn't have any intelligence other than a drone that was making photos, sorry, but that's not really enough intel to send a mission in for.

You never served in the military, did you? Because if you did, you'd see how stupid your statements are.

We already went through my military history around the 15th or 16th time you brought up your Navy experience. Moving on. We had more intel in Benghazi than a passing drone. We also had real time information of what was happening from those begging for help.
Not that I really care if you believe me or not., but in terms of backing up my "bullshit" well, here ya go...

Grenada: Operation Urgent Fury
http://www.airpower.au.af.mil/apjinternational/apj-s/2006/3tri06/kampseng.html

Last edited:
Just what I thought.....................another civilian with an axe to grind that doesn't know shit about the military.

Thanks for clearing that up...............you're just like every other tea bagger hawk who doesn't know what it takes to send people in.

Just what I thought.....................another civilian with an axe to grind that doesn't know shit about the military.

Thanks for clearing that up...............you're just like every other tea bagger hawk who doesn't know what it takes to send people in.

Are you on medication?

Nope. Never was put on medication or prescribed drugs.

Did you ever serve?

If you did, you'd see how stupid most of your posts are.

I think the President and the Secretary of State should be charged with negligent homicide.

Well you are a drunk so who cares...

Anyways old news...this was reported like the day after the attack. Yay for rehash as if its new to keep the story going.

Forum List

Back