Admission: Special Forces were only hours from Benghazi

Actually, not only was I a member of the Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts, but I also served over 20 years in the U.S. Navy and have several friends of mine who are SEALs and former SEALs.

Yeah....................they are sent in when there is a serious problem, and it requires serious skills to do.

But they rarely send them in without sufficient intel.

There wasn't enough intel on the area, nor on what was going on during the attack, which is why SECDEF Panetta didn't send them in.

Like I said........................look up Operation Eagle Claw sometime and see what happens.

Couldn't send in highly trained SEALS teams but an Ambassador who is unarmed and not well protected, well that's OK?

Dumb fuck, that was his job. Diplomats are often at risk, and understand this when they take the job.

Sending in Special Ops is a reactive move, and time and intel are neccessary. Thus far, I have seen no evidence that there was an adaquete amount of either to do that job.

Yeah, who would think to beef up our security on 9/11. :cuckoo:

-Geaux

Couldn't send in highly trained SEALS teams but an Ambassador who is unarmed and not well protected, well that's OK?

Dumb fuck, that was his job. Diplomats are often at risk, and understand this when they take the job.

Sending in Special Ops is a reactive move, and time and intel are neccessary. Thus far, I have seen no evidence that there was an adaquete amount of either to do that job.

-Geaux

Hey dude, how many calls did YOU make to the WH demanding that the embassy security be "beefed" up on 9/11? Not one call did you make. Right?

-Geaux

Hey dude, how many calls did YOU make to the WH demanding that the embassy security be "beefed" up on 9/11? Not one call did you make. Right?

Maybe we would have had we known that the Ambassador was sent into a hell hole that we just bombed the crap out of and with little protection or back up. Of course we couldn't' have known of something so stupid being done, that was the job of Hillary and Obama. How many calls did they make?

-Geaux

As a Liberal, you were just as clueless about 9/11 as the rest of us were.

Heady stuff...

What were they supposed to do when they got there?

I'll look up Eagle Claw when you look up Benghazi. Now just hold off on the White House talking points and "tea bagger" childish pejoratives for a second. We know that there was real time information coming from Benghazi. We know special ops were getting ready to go to Benghazi. We know there were people on a phone in Benghazi begging for help. Now, unlike you, I don't pretend to know what exactly happened but since the White House doesn't seem to want to tell us what happened then I can only remain suspicious. Yea yea, I know! You were in the Navy. I think you might have mentioned that once or twice. However, unless you were in Benghazi I'm not sure you have anything unique to offer other than repeating Panetta's press releases.

You weren't there either, yet you are standing in judgement.

North Africa and the Middle East are dangerous and unstable areas. Anything can happen, and those stationed there know their lives are at constant risk.

I much more trust competant military judgement than partisan internet posters when it comes to the assessment of a situation such as existed in Benghazi. You might also remember, there were a few other things going on that same night.

Competent.

And nor were you, neither was I. So why are you running your mouth, Sir Negs-a-lot? The "few other things going on that same night" were the deaths of Stephens and three other men and a stand down order that Hicks himself referred to as "embarrassing" and "upsetting".

I'll look up Eagle Claw when you look up Benghazi. Now just hold off on the White House talking points and "tea bagger" childish pejoratives for a second. We know that there was real time information coming from Benghazi. We know special ops were getting ready to go to Benghazi. We know there were people on a phone in Benghazi begging for help. Now, unlike you, I don't pretend to know what exactly happened but since the White House doesn't seem to want to tell us what happened then I can only remain suspicious. Yea yea, I know! You were in the Navy. I think you might have mentioned that once or twice. However, unless you were in Benghazi I'm not sure you have anything unique to offer other than repeating Panetta's press releases.

You weren't there either, yet you are standing in judgement.

North Africa and the Middle East are dangerous and unstable areas. Anything can happen, and those stationed there know their lives are at constant risk.

I much more trust competant military judgement than partisan internet posters when it comes to the assessment of a situation such as existed in Benghazi. You might also remember, there were a few other things going on that same night.

You say I am standing in judgement. So are you. We are all standing in judgement on one side of the fence or other because the White House refuses to answer a myriad of questions. Perhaps it's just my nature but I get suspicious when people stonewall,finger point, and give conflicting information.

You say people stationed in N. Africa and the Middle East know they are at risk. I wonder if they know the U.S. will write them off in the process of being attacked.

You say you trust competent military judgement that partisan internet posters when it comes to assessment of a situation such as existed in Benghazi. It's a shame you don't trust the same competent military judgement that gathered the special ops together to defend a U.S. diplomatic facility till ordered to stand down. It's a shame you don't trust the competent military judgement that is questioning the lack of action and questioning where the stand down orders came from.

Last edited:
ABikerSailor- I really do honor and appreciate your service to this country. I do however, think that using your history as a way to stop debate and then ask me what my military experience was (as a way to stagnate the conversation on Benghazi) was kind of shitty. Just an opinion.

Last edited:
ABikerSailor- I really do honor and appreciate your service to this country. I do however, think that using your history as a way to stop debate and then ask me what my military experience was (as a way to stagnate the conversation on Benghazi) was kind of shitty. Just an opinion.

His question about your military service was a fair question. Another opinion.

His question about your military service was a fair question. Another opinion.

Why was it a fair question?
Do you think he was disappointed when I answered "yes" I was in the military?
Is that why he went off with the whole name calling thing?
Were you in the military?
If you were in the military please explain to us what happened in Benghazi.
Also. Did you go to college?
What did you get a degree in?
Does your degree have anything to do military history?
If not then why do you have the audacity to discuss Benghazi?
Is your wife a red head?
Personally, I tend to steer away from personal questions for several reasons, such as...
#1. People often lie
#2. I don't care
#3. I hope my argument can stand on it's own

Last edited:
What difference, at this point, does it make about how it happened?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR3XTOjZPfg]SHOCK! Hillary Clinton argues - What difference, at this point, does it make about how it happened? - YouTube[/ame]

Yup, this could come back and bite her and the dems, bigtime

Heady stuff...

What were they supposed to do when they got there?

Shoot at the bad guys is my guess. Perhaps knitting would have been another option as well. You're kidding, right?

How many bad guys were there? How were they armed? How many special forces were there? Where were the backups? How about logistics?

Real time emails were being sent describing 20 armed terrorists attacking our Benghazi consulate as well as real time video from a drone. As for logistics, you will have to ask the special ops that were called down about that. I will just remind you that this was not Sweden. This attack did not come out of nowhere. The Benghazi consulate had been attacked twice before 9/11. This is a volatile part of the world. This attack should not have been a surprise.

Last edited:
Shoot at the bad guys is my guess. Perhaps knitting would have been another option as well. You're kidding, right?

How many bad guys were there? How were they armed? How many special forces were there? Where were the backups? How about logistics?

You certainly don't abandon them, leftwinger. :cuckoo:

They were in an untenable position. Monday morning Quartebacking doesn't change that
Maybe if Republicans didn't shoot down funding for Embassy security they could have been saved

They were in an untenable position. Monday morning Quartebacking doesn't change that
Maybe if Republicans didn't shoot down funding for Embassy security they could have been saved

Talk about Monday morning quarterbacking. :cuckoo:
As for the funding, that has been debunked already.

House Republicans voted to cut the administration’s request for embassy security funding by $128 million,” Clay added. He said that the Accountability Review Board backed up the assertion that a reduction of funding for security for high-risk, temporary outposts was critical.

Nordstrom countered that there really “is no such thing” as a temporary facility.

“Were you here on October 10 when the person who had those requests for additional security said money was not a factor – [Deputy Assistant Secretary of State] Charlene Lamb?” asked Issa.

“I can’t remember if I was…” Clay said before being cut off.

Issa turned to Nordstrom who was also on that panel. “She said that resources was not an issue,” he said. He added that the ARB report confirmed resources were not an issue.

Clay replied that he was wrong and that the ARB report draws the opposite conclusion. Nordstrom said that the ARB did not question the right people in making that determination.

Issa replied that the Benghazi consulate had been attacked twice, and there was wide recognition that the Benghazi outpost lacked appropriate security staffing.
Darrell Issa, Whistleblower Blast Dem Rep Who Claimed GOP?s Budget Cuts Contributed To Benghazi Deaths | Mediaite

Swing and a miss!!!!

That's been debunked about a million times but might as well make it a million and one.
[ame=http://youtu.be/meIL1QaOt1s]Lack of Budget Not a Factor in Benghazi Security Decisions - YouTube[/ame]

House Republicans voted to cut the administration’s request for embassy security funding by $128 million,” Clay added. He said that the Accountability Review Board backed up the assertion that a reduction of funding for security for high-risk, temporary outposts was critical.

Nordstrom countered that there really “is no such thing” as a temporary facility.

“Were you here on October 10 when the person who had those requests for additional security said money was not a factor – [Deputy Assistant Secretary of State] Charlene Lamb?” asked Issa.

Issa turned to Nordstrom who was also on that panel. “She said that resources was not an issue,” he said. He added that the ARB report confirmed resources were not an issue.

Clay replied that he was wrong and that the ARB report draws the opposite conclusion. Nordstrom said that the ARB did not question the right people in making that determination.

Issa replied that the Benghazi consulate had been attacked twice, and there was wide recognition that the Benghazi outpost lacked appropriate security staffing.
Darrell Issa, Whistleblower Blast Dem Rep Who Claimed GOP?s Budget Cuts Contributed To Benghazi Deaths | Mediaite

Swing and a miss!!!!

If Republicans had provided requested funding, four Americans would be alive today

The blood is on the hands of the GOP.

They hung our embassy out to dry....Bastards

Swing and a miss!!!!

If Republicans had provided requested funding, four Americans would be alive today

The blood is on the hands of the GOP.

They hung our embassy out to dry....Bastards

"It's better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

The funding wasn't cut to the critical areas in the world
. The funding was there, leftwinger, try and catch up.

Forum List

Back