Admitting you're gay warrents a call from the president?

Two to six times more likely? Is that like saying that 6% of scientists are Republicans?

People commit suicide for lots of reasons. There was a suicide that made the news here recently because the young girl was raped, and the police are trying to ague that she was a victim of cyber bullying.

Life sucks, deal with it, or get help. People commit suicide for lots of reasons, none of which make sense to me. Unless you want to argue that being gay is a mental disorder I suggest you stop trying to convince me it is.

By the way, given the fact that there most estimates say that 10% of the population is gay, and the wildest claim you have is that gays are 6 times more likely to attempt suicide than straight teens, the numbers actually back me up. More straight teens commit suicide than gay ones.

Until you post links and facts, your numbers back up shit.

Frankly, I think we should deal with whatever it is that is causing them to kill themselves instead of trying to prove one group is inherently crazier than another.

We know what causes gay teens to kill themselves: daily reminding that they are hated by society.

It couldn't be a deeper recognition that their choice is just not really as right and natural as they've been told...oh, wait.

A nobody basketball player admits he's gay on Facebook and suddenly it's national news? And it's followed up with a call from the president?

Seriously?

We are so fucked as a nation.

It's great that the leader of the free world can take time out from his busy day to personally enquire as to how another citizen's day is going.
Kudos to Obama.

Those stats tend to make me think something is seriously wrong in the brain of gay teens. 30% of their population wants to die and you don't see a red flag here?
Indeed I do. And so do others:

Gay Teen Suicide Rates Higher In Conservative Areas

Reminded daily that gays are hated doesn't do much for a gay teen's self-esteem.

what's the suicide rates of beasitality folks or incest or necrophiliacs? should we stop making fun of them too?
Comparing gays to the aforementioned is not only wrong but "sick".

You are a poet, not a writer, and the lesson was not about writing, it was about thinking. Being a real writer I know the difference.
Pardon me? You don't know if I'm a poet or not, only but what I've told about myself. I am also a writer. And a musician. And a producer. And a songwriter. And a performance artist. And much more.

Yet you don't know how to think. Is that because you think artists do not have to think, or is it because you are really stupid?

Well, now. There's a broad assumption. Lol

Obama-----Yo, Collins, great that you admitted that you are gay, how about if we get together to shoot some pool?

Collins-----Sure Barry, your place or mine.

A nobody basketball player admits he's gay on Facebook and suddenly it's national news? And it's followed up with a call from the president?

Seriously?

We are so fucked as a nation.

It's great that the leader of the free world can take time out from his busy day to personally enquire as to how another citizen's day is going.
Kudos to Obama.

Unless that citizen happens to be a victim of an islamic terrorist bombing or a plant explosion or a natural disaaster.

the gay agenda trumps all else with BHO. anybody know why?

Gays are killing themselves?

Newsflash, non gays are killing themselves also. In fact, more straight teens commit suicide than gay ones, are you worried about that, or are you a narrow minded bigot?

Sorry, were you saying something??

Facts About Gay and Lesbian Youth Suicide
Suicide is the leading cause of death among Gay and Lesbian youth nationally.
30% of Gay youth attempt suicide near the age of 15.
Gays and Lesbians are two to six times more likely to suicide than Heterosexuals.
Almost half of the Gay and Lesbian teens state they have attempted suicide more than once.
It has been conservatively estimated the 1,500 Gay and Lesbian youth commit suicide every year.
SPEAK: Suicide Prevention Education Awareness for Kids

Study: gay teens five times more likely to attempt suicide
LifeSiteNews Mobile | Study: gay teens five times more likely to attempt suicide

Yeah, didn't think so.

Those stats tend to make me think something is seriously wrong in the brain of gay teens. 30% of their population wants to die and you don't see a red flag here?

You're seeing the wrong red flag Gramps.

Gays and Lesbians are two to six times more likely to suicide than Heterosexuals.
Almost half of the Gay and Lesbian teens state they have attempted suicide more than once.
It has been conservatively estimated the 1,500 Gay and Lesbian youth commit suicide every year.

LifeSiteNews Mobile | Study: gay teens five times more likely to attempt suicide

Yeah, didn't think so.

What's the red flag? Need for acceptance?

LGB youth living in a social environment that was more supportive of gays and lesbians — for instance, having more anti-discrimination policies — were 25 percent less likely to attempt suicide than LGB youth living in less-supportive environments. Surprisingly, a supportive environment was also linked to 9 percent fewer attempted suicides in heterosexual teens.

"The results of this study are pretty compelling," Hatzenbuehler said in a statement. "When communities support their gay young people, and schools adopt anti-bullying and anti-discrimination policies that specifically protect lesbian, gay, and bisexual youth, the risk of attempted suicide by all young people drops, especially for LGB youth."[...]

A study out last year found that parental support could also go a long way for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender teens. Published in the Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Nursing, the study found specific parental behaviors, such as advocating for their children when they are mistreated due to their LGBT identity and supporting their teen's gender expression, were linked to a lower likelihood of depression, substance abuse, suicidal thoughts and suicide attempts in early adulthood.​

Homosexual Teen Suicide Rates Raised in Bad Environments

LGB youth living in a social environment that was more supportive of gays and lesbians — for instance, having more anti-discrimination policies — were 25 percent less likely to attempt suicide than LGB youth living in less-supportive environments. Surprisingly, a supportive environment was also linked to 9 percent fewer attempted suicides in heterosexual teens.

"The results of this study are pretty compelling," Hatzenbuehler said in a statement. "When communities support their gay young people, and schools adopt anti-bullying and anti-discrimination policies that specifically protect lesbian, gay, and bisexual youth, the risk of attempted suicide by all young people drops, especially for LGB youth."[...]

A study out last year found that parental support could also go a long way for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender teens. Published in the Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Nursing, the study found specific parental behaviors, such as advocating for their children when they are mistreated due to their LGBT identity and supporting their teen's gender expression, were linked to a lower likelihood of depression, substance abuse, suicidal thoughts and suicide attempts in early adulthood.​

Can you give me an example of how gays are discriminated against?

Are you aware that you can someone simply for being gay in over half the states?

Are you aware that over 40% of homeless teens are LGBT?

Are you aware that you can someone simply for being gay in over half the states?

you can also fire someone because you don't like the way they comb their hair. Whats your point?

which came first the homeless situation or the LGBT situation. which is the cause and which is the effect? are they homeless because they are gay or gay because they are homeless?

Butch or fem, wytchy ?

you can also fire someone because you don't like the way they comb their hair. Whats your point?

I can't fire you because you're Christian. You can fire me because I'm gay. That's discrimination.

which came first the homeless situation or the LGBT situation. which is the cause and which is the effect? are they homeless because they are gay or gay because they are homeless?

They are kicked out if their homes by their straight parents.

Family rejection on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity was the most frequently cited factor contributing to LGBT homelessness. The next most frequently cited reason for LGBT youth homelessness was youth being forced out of their family homes as a result of coming out as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender.

http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.e...ates-LGBT-Homeless-Youth-Survey-July-2012.pdf

Butch or fem, wytchy ?

2013 fishy, 2013...

Unless that citizen happens to be a victim of an islamic terrorist bombing or a plant explosion or a natural disaaster.

the gay agenda trumps all else with BHO. anybody know why?

I could hazard a guess...

obamafag.jpg

Yeah, didn't think so.

Im just doing basic math. If there is a calculus problem to be solved here im out.

No, I was not aware that I can someone simply for being gay.

Need a cite for the second statistic.

I can't fire you because you're Christian. You can fire me because I'm gay. That's discrimination.

They are kicked out if their homes by their straight parents.

Family rejection on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity was the most frequently cited factor contributing to LGBT homelessness. The next most frequently cited reason for LGBT youth homelessness was youth being forced out of their family homes as a result of coming out as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender.

http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.e...ates-LGBT-Homeless-Youth-Survey-July-2012.pdf

Butch or fem, wytchy ?

2013 fishy, 2013...

really is being gay a religion?

Can you fire a pedophile?
necrophiliac?
incest?

and lets here the real question....should you?

Forum List

Back