🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

After nonsensical comments on Net Neutrality, conservatives rage against Ted Cruz

It has to be scary to live in some altered reality all the time. damn:alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic:

Well, you would know that better than most ...

Thing is, the Repub propaganda has worked in the past and it is working again. Yes, Stephanie is one of the dumbest on this board but other really dumb RWs have posted against net neutrality.

They just don't understand the facts. All they know is that President Obama wants to keep the internet open and equal for all and if he's fer it, they're agin it.

"Ed Piper: As a Republican who works in the tech industry I can say that this statement shows you either have no idea what you are talking about or you are bought and paid for by the American Cable monopoly. This is amazingly an stupid statement and is disheartening."

After nonsensical comments on Net Neutrality conservatives rage against Ted Cruz

Ted Cruz is right on this one. And the Republicans/conservatives that are against him don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

"OK, so if the telcos are such villainous scum, the pro-network-neutrality activists must be the heroes of this story, right?

Unfortunately, no.

Your typical network-neutrality activist is a good-government left-liberal who is instinctively hostile to market-based approaches. These people think, rather, that if they can somehow come up with the right regulatory formula, they can jawbone the government into making the telcos play nice. They’re ideologically incapable of questioning the assumption that bandwidth is a scarce “public good” that has to be regulated. They don’t get it that complicated regulations favor the incumbent who can afford to darken the sky with lawyers, and they really don’t get it about outright regulatory capture, a game at which the telcos are past masters.

I’ve spent endless hours trying to point out to these people that their assumptions are fundamentally wrong, and that the only way to break the telco monopoly is to break the scarcity assumptions it’s based on. That the telecoms regulatorium, far from being what holds the telcos in check, is actually their instrument of control. And that the only battle that actually matters is the one to carve out enough unlicensed spectrum so we can use technologies like ad-hoc networking with UWB to end-run the whole mess until it collapses under its own weight."

LOL, I think I need to find those people and invite them to this board. This place is lonely for rational conservative perspectives.

"Ed Piper: As a Republican who works in the tech industry I can say that this statement shows you either have no idea what you are talking about or you are bought and paid for by the American Cable monopoly. This is amazingly an stupid statement and is disheartening."

After nonsensical comments on Net Neutrality conservatives rage against Ted Cruz

Ted Cruz is right on this one. And the Republicans/conservatives that are against him don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

"OK, so if the telcos are such villainous scum, the pro-network-neutrality activists must be the heroes of this story, right?

Unfortunately, no.

Your typical network-neutrality activist is a good-government left-liberal who is instinctively hostile to market-based approaches. These people think, rather, that if they can somehow come up with the right regulatory formula, they can jawbone the government into making the telcos play nice. They’re ideologically incapable of questioning the assumption that bandwidth is a scarce “public good” that has to be regulated. They don’t get it that complicated regulations favor the incumbent who can afford to darken the sky with lawyers, and they really don’t get it about outright regulatory capture, a game at which the telcos are past masters.

I’ve spent endless hours trying to point out to these people that their assumptions are fundamentally wrong, and that the only way to break the telco monopoly is to break the scarcity assumptions it’s based on. That the telecoms regulatorium, far from being what holds the telcos in check, is actually their instrument of control. And that the only battle that actually matters is the one to carve out enough unlicensed spectrum so we can use technologies like ad-hoc networking with UWB to end-run the whole mess until it collapses under its own weight."

I haven't heard of all this outrage and I surf the net daily. the dailykos is not the site to take serious. THEY LIE and make up crap for their rabid cult members on their site. They have to keep them riled up or they won't come back to PAY THEIR bills for them.

Unfortunately, no.

I haven't heard of all this outrage and I surf the net daily. the dailykos is not the site to take serious. THEY LIE and make up crap for their rabid cult members on their site. They have to keep them riled up or they won't come back to PAY THEIR bills for them.

Ted Cruz Facebook

Ted Cruz is against net neutrality because his campaign was heavily funded by telecom lobbyists who want to control the internet.

The average republican rube has NO IDEA what net neutrality means.

In fact here's a challenge to the republicans on this thread and others who might read my post. What is net neutrality? It's a pretty short answer. Do you know it?

Forum List

Back