🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

After Seven Years, Obama Wakes Up to Jobs Going Overseas?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
And his "solution" is to raise taxes on U.S. corporations? Let's hear the excuses...

What the fuck are you talking about?

Here's Obama during the 2008 campaign: "I will stop giving tax breaks to companies that ship jobs overseas, and I will start giving them to companies that create good jobs right here in America."

In other words, jobs have been going overseas for a LONG time. I remember Gore groaning about jobs going overseas in the 2000 campaign.

Here's Obama during the 2008 campaign: "I will stop giving tax breaks to companies that ship jobs overseas, and I will start giving them to companies that create good jobs right here in America."

In other words, jobs have been going overseas for a LONG time. I remember Gore groaning about jobs going overseas in the 2000 campaign.

Then he passed Obamacare, the biggest corporate tax hike ever. It takes a retard to not see that Obama is pushing jobs overseas. The corporate movements offshore are unprecedented

Yes, in fact its a "conservative" hallmark.

I have pointed out many times on this forum that a lot of jobs that are gone are gone for good. They did not go overseas, they simply became obsoleted by capital investment in technology.

Horse buggy jobs did not go overseas, nor did a great many of the automotive assembly line jobs. They simply no longer exist anywhere.

And his "solution" is to raise taxes on U.S. corporations? Let's hear the excuses...
Never gonna happen...according to the CAF reports, USA.INC and it's subsidiaries are the majority shareholders in every Fortune 500 corporation and their subsidiaries. Complete conflict of interest but it's in the best interest of USA.INC to keep takes low on their holdings as to not affect their bottom line.

I'll give you an example of how government intervention in the markets has cost US jobs.

Candy.

The US federal government provides price supports (subsidies) to domestic sugar processors. As a result, sugar in the US costs a lot more than it does in other countries.

So US candy makers have been making an exodus out of the US for quite a few years now, including companies as American as apple pie that have been US-based for over a century.

It isn't the corporate tax rate driving them away.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/31/u...y-inflated-sugar-prices-look-abroad.html?_r=0

In particular, the Commerce Department study found that three candy-making jobs were lost for each job growing or processing sugar that was saved by higher prices.

It is ridiculous to punish corporations for making wise decisions. If I was a candy maker, and the US government was artificially propping up US sugar prices and making my operating costs a lot higher as a result, I would be an idiot for sticking around the US.

Moving out of the US is the smart move in that situation, and it is fucking outrageous the US government wants to punish the very corporations IT drove away!

2012:

Behind every candy bar and can of soda is a complex government program of import tariffs and farmer loans establishing the price of sugar. The program, which has been in place in one form or another since shortly after the founding of the United States, is responsible for the success of Florida's $616 million sugar industry, the nation's largest producer of sugarcane.

Price supports.

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is among the sugar program's critics. "We ought to get rid of subsidies and let markets work properly," Romney said in January.
Fuckin' A!

Both of Florida's senators, Democrat Bill Nelson and Republican Marco Rubio, voted against ending the program.

Fuckin' A-holes!

Forum List

Back