Again the CBO says the stim pack worked

They would have done better if the right had not tried to sabatoge everything they tried to do.

Its still a hell of alot better than the HUGE Job bleed bush lead us into his entire time in office

Obama has been in office for 2-1/2 years almost 3. He immediately--in fire department speed shoved down our throats 787 billion taxpayer dollars with the PROMISE that it would create MILLIONS of jobs. We went from creating jobs--to saving government workers jobs--and when Nancy Pelosi last year started referring to unemployment checks as "stimulus" money--it was clear that Obama's flood the basement economic policies failed. Last weeks 1st time unemployment claims jumped again--PROVING that the stimulus bill hasn't done anything except drive us further into debt.

Obama owns this economy. He bought and paid for it.

View attachment 13675

We were BLEEDING jobs before he took office.

Want to try another lie?

Hey dummy.

Take a look around.

Unemployment is up again and no business is going to do anything until they get some sense of stability.

If his stimulus had worked we wouldn't have 9.1% unemployment and businesses would be hiring big time.

Hate to break it to ya there Sparky but despite what the CBO says the stimulus was an utter failute.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see it. Oh wait. I forgot. You worship at the Obama alter.

Never mind.

This is a pretty big admission of failure, and quite a TACKY one at that. Note how Immelt chuckles as well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy8jlsAdN-k]YouTube - ‪Obama Jokes About 'Shovel-Ready' Jobs‬‏[/ame]

You accept NO information you dont like.

Your decisions on issues are based in only emtion and devotion to the republican party

Hey look you tried-I read it--doesn't say that--so nice try. You're looking real ridiculous about right now. I really don't mind when someone can present FACTS that support the title of their thread--but when you try and deceive people into something that is plainly not there-- You

end up on my IGNORE list--and that's unfortunate for you--because you could learn a lot from a person like me--

So Bye Bye--I won't be reading any more of your made up garbage.

YOU got caught in a lie so now you put me on ignore?

Gee imagine my surprize

I will quote you so this idiot can see. :) The stimulas program did work and for them to ignore how many jobs we were losing before the stimulas program kicked in proves they are hacks.

Last edited:
Zona is a moron. Nobody is blaming Obama for what happened before he took office.

His accountability is for the policies he enacted: He Made Things Worse.

We are experiencing the Worst Recovery Ever after a recession...largely due to his economy killing Big Government spending and cronyism.

Bush made things way worse.

Obama has made things better since Bush made things WAY worse.

You just deny the facts like the CBO presented in the OP

Obama Made Things Worse.

That's a FACT.

Prove your claim

Unemployment is Higher despite the Stimulus being passed.

The Labor Force Participation Rate has dropped to levels not seen in decades.

Home foreclosures are still high with forecasts that housing prices will dip up to another 25%.

Inflation is heating up.

The Fed has dramatically increased the money supply, which has had no real impact on growth.

I know you won't grok any of this; I'm posting for the people who can.

All truly unhappy indicators, of course.

Of course I cannot entirely blame Obama for it, but I'm certainly more than willing to give him his share of the blame.

This economy is now dealing with outcomes of policies decisions that have been mounting up over the last three decades.

The fact that the middle class has continuuously been trying (and failing) to play catch-up really is at the heart of the problem.

Trickle down supply side policies, policies not merely unvolving unwise tax breaks, but which also include the continuous assault on unions; FREE TRADE that is hardly free when you include the decline in decent paying industrial jobs; spending policies that are disasterous (like wars of Empire as but one example of pork barrel politics); and finally deregulation of the banking and financial industrly all came together to form a perfect economic storm that broke in 2008.

How many bankster bailouts can any economy take?

Talk about creating moral hazards?!

Both parties are to be blamed, folks.

Yes, both parties are to blame for where we are today. But the facts are:

- Obama is President.
- The Dems had control of both houses of Congress for his first two years.
- Together, they made things worse.

The lions share of the blame lies in republican economic philosophy and their actions and failures to act.

It wont be long before you can NOT ignore the results of the stim pack

:lol: Tell about how well it worked to the American people next year when they're heading to the voting booth with 9% unemployment, $4 a gallon gasoline, and high inflation. I'm sure the Big O will be real popular with all those "successes" under his belt.

so true employment has not improved if U/e stays at 9%....

but to be clear, unemployment WAS at 9% at the end of obama's first full month in office....that first month in office u/e rate could not have been created, manipulated, or changed by anything a brand new president could do.

so, the glass half full....Obama's term and actions did not raise the U/E rate, if it is still around 9% at election time.

the glass half empty, is who the heck cares if the u/e rate didn't maintain a higher level than the 9% he inherited? 9% is extremely high and unacceptable!!!

Did anyone see the sound bite from yesterday where Obama laughs about the shovel ready jobs in the Stim bill not really being shovel ready? I believe he said they misjudged, over-estimated, or something like that. I feel like I've been lied to, or at best misled on how that money would be spent and how much good it would do.

No doubt the liberals feel different, and that's fine, but I do have one question for you: Do you think the money was well spent, and could we have managed the whole thing better? I think it was inefficient in terms of the return on investment, I think a lot of political paybacks were made, and it was pushed through as though an emergency existed even though 2 and a half years later the money still hasn't entirely been spent. JMO, but I think this was poor stewardship of an awful lot of our money.

Yes, both parties are to blame for where we are today. But the facts are:

- Obama is President.
- The Dems had control of both houses of Congress for his first two years.
- Together, they made things worse.

Well, yes and no.

For instance, while I approve of Obama saving GM, I object to the fact that we paid so much for 80% of a company with a book value of ZERO.

Forinstaqnce, while I approve of them preventing a complete meltdown of the financial system, I completely object to the US taxpayer not ALSO taking over the banks that we saved from complete collapse.

Basically I object to the fact that once the cronnies broke capitalism, the government did not get FULL value for the assets they saved.

I do not think the USA ought to have naitonalized those banks, I think it could have BOUGHT THEM for their real values.

Instead we saved the banks, (in some cases we save their stockholders) we bailed out the RISK TAKERS when they ought to have lost it all, and for that the American people got NOT A THING.

If we'd played the game by capitalist rules (instead of cronnyest rules) most of the too big to fail banks would now be assets of the AMERICAN PEOPLE.

It wont be long before you can NOT ignore the results of the stim pack

:lol: Tell about how well it worked to the American people next year when they're heading to the voting booth with 9% unemployment, $4 a gallon gasoline, and high inflation. I'm sure the Big O will be real popular with all those "successes" under his belt.

so true employment has not improved if U/e stays at 9%....

but to be clear, unemployment WAS at 9% at the end of obama's first full month in office....that first month in office u/e rate could not have been created, manipulated, or changed by anything a brand new president could do.

so, the glass half full....Obama's term and actions did not raise the U/E rate, if it is still around 9% at election time.

the glass half empty, is who the heck cares if the u/e rate didn't maintain a higher level than the 9% he inherited? 9% is extremely high and unacceptable!!!

The only reason unemployment is at 9.1% is because 3.6M people have given up looking for work. A falling Labor Force Participation Rate is a very damaging way to reduce unemployment. If the Labor Force Participation Rate were at the level it was when Obama took office, U3 unemployment would be 11.2%.

Labor Force Participation Rate Data:

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2001 67.2 67.1 67.2 66.9 66.7 66.7 66.8 66.5 66.8 66.7 66.7 66.7
2002 66.5 66.8 66.6 66.7 66.7 66.6 66.5 66.6 66.7 66.6 66.4 66.3
2003 66.4 66.4 66.3 66.4 66.4 66.5 66.2 66.1 66.1 66.1 66.1 65.9
2004 66.1 66.0 66.0 65.9 66.0 66.1 66.1 66.0 65.8 65.9 66.0 65.9
2005 65.8 65.9 65.9 66.1 66.1 66.1 66.1 66.2 66.1 66.1 66.0 66.0
2006 66.0 66.1 66.2 66.1 66.1 66.2 66.1 66.2 66.1 66.2 66.3 66.4
2007 66.4 66.3 66.2 65.9 66.0 66.0 66.0 65.8 66.0 65.8 66.0 66.0
2008 66.2 66.0 66.1 65.9 66.1 66.1 66.0 66.1 66.0 66.0 65.8 65.8
2009 65.7 65.7 65.6 65.6 65.7 65.7 65.5 65.4 65.1 65.1 65.0 64.7
2010 64.8 64.8 64.9 65.1 64.9 64.7 64.6 64.7 64.7 64.5 64.5 64.3
2011 64.2 64.2 64.2 64.2 64.2

Last edited:

You look around at high gas prices and foreclosures and the unemployment rate at a around 15% with the figures fudged to appear below 10%. You hear every speech by the president admit that times are tough and you think an estemate by a federal bureaucracy trumps reality? You lefties are more pathetic than I thought.

Forum List

Back