airforce now forces you to swear to god

Yet another atheist attack!

Once again, a tiny minority wishes to force their twisted beliefs on the majority.

This post is everything I hate about religion. Yet again, the fundamentalist majority wishes to force their twisted beliefs on the enlightened minority.

All religion should be banned. You create thread after thread attacking Moonslim terrorists, yet you bash Islam only because they're your competitor, not because they're evil.

Thanks for admitting you hate the First Amendment freak

Once again, a tiny minority wishes to force their twisted beliefs on the majority.

This post is everything I hate about religion. Yet again, the fundamentalist majority wishes to force their twisted beliefs on the enlightened minority.

All religion should be banned. You create thread after thread attacking Moonslim terrorists, yet you bash Islam only because they're your competitor, not because they're evil.
We'll quit posting about religion if you quit posting about gays. Deal?

The air force has a massive Christian problem within their ranks. So the idea that they are forcing people is not shocking at all

Christian problem?
yes.. A problem. Air Force cadets revolt after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard - Washington Times

Had it been in his room — not a problem. It’s not about the belief. It’s about the time, the place and the manner,” Mr. Weinstein told conservative commentator Todd Starnes, The Blaze reported. “It clearly elevated one religious faith over all others at an already virulently hyper-fundamentalist Christian institution. It massively poured fundamentalist Christian gasoline on an already raging out-of-control conflagration of fundamentalist Christian tyranny, exceptionalism and supremacy at [the academy].”

it is well known that the air force is made up a fundies and "zealots".

Weinstein.

Another enlightened Jewish atheist joining the fight against expressions of Christ-stain fundamentalism. Truly a wonderful thing.

I refuse to waive my right to free speech. What you're doing, however, isn't free speech--it's rampant bigotry and incitement, and needs to be banned.

Everything I don't like needs to be.

There is o
Atheist airman must swear so help me God or get out in November Air Force Times airforcetimes.com

Oh the title isnt a lie.

The Air Force used to allow airmen to omit the phrase “so help me God” if they so chose. But an Oct. 30, 2013, update to Air Force Instruction 36-2606, which spells out the active-duty oath of enlistment, dropped that option. Since that quiet update to the AFI, airmen have been required to swear an oath to a deity when they enlist or reenlist.

The idea that any branch requires you to swear an oath to god in order to fight for this nation is an insult to serving in the military since we have people serving of all faiths.
There is only one God, Balls...same God for everyone whether you believe it or not. You have no say.
Which God is that? The Catholic one, the Central Baptist one, the Southern Baptist one, the General Six-Principal Baptist one, the Methodist one, the Sunni one, the Shia one, the Anglican one, the Church of Jesus Christ-Christian one, the Sikh one, the Episcopalian one...?
Yes.

I refuse to waive my right to free speech. What you're doing, however, isn't free speech--it's rampant bigotry and incitement, and needs to be banned.

That justifies only one reply..but I am being watched.

I am being watched.

Another tinfoil hat-wearing conspiratard. Wonderful.

I am being watched.

Another tinfoil hat-wearing conspiratard. Wonderful.
No...just too mean to liberal wusses.

There is only one God, Balls...same God for everyone whether you believe it or not. You have no say.
Which God is that? The Catholic one, the Central Baptist one, the Southern Baptist one, the General Six-Principal Baptist one, the Methodist one, the Sunni one, the Shia one, the Anglican one, the Church of Jesus Christ-Christian one, the Sikh one, the Episcopalian one...?
Yes.
Fine. Then at the end of your re-enlistment oath, you should be required to shout, "Allahu Akbar!"

If I were the Air Force, Id change my policy, reenlist this pussy and send him to the North Pole for 4 years.
This is exactly why religious tests are unconstitutional. Because of vindictive impious assholes like you.

I agreed with you, I would remove the In God portion of the Oath.

I just know that the military's unspoken policy of fucking with pussies toughens them up.

How about "Que Dieu m'y aide"...recognition of France's contribution to our fight for independence, and women with fine breastesses.

A simple "affirmation" is all that's required in Court, so why isn't it good enough for the Armed Forces?

I read about this this morning and am still researching it..

IF it is true, then it a Violation of the 1st Amendment and it needs to be changed.

Which one would you be more likely to believe:

Person who Swears to God.
Person who Swears to Deity.

Which one would you be more likely to believe:

Person who Swears to God.

You mean like Ted Haggard or Jimmy Swaggart or Jim Bakker or Osama bin Laden?

An evil person has no problem swearing an oath to God.

When I joined, I knew beforehand what the oath was. I had the choice of saying it and entering the military or not saying it and going home. This was the same every time I re-enlisted over 23 years. Not once was I "forced" to say Under God. That was entirely my choice,.

If this piece of slime doesn't like the oath - don't say it and stay out!

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT

Forum List

Back