airforce now forces you to swear to god

Atheist airman must swear so help me God or get out in November Air Force Times airforcetimes.com

Oh the title isnt a lie.

The Air Force used to allow airmen to omit the phrase “so help me God” if they so chose. But an Oct. 30, 2013, update to Air Force Instruction 36-2606, which spells out the active-duty oath of enlistment, dropped that option. Since that quiet update to the AFI, airmen have been required to swear an oath to a deity when they enlist or reenlist.

The idea that any branch requires you to swear an oath to god in order to fight for this nation is an insult to serving in the military since we have people serving of all faiths.
That's gonna go down in flames....quickly.

There is o
Atheist airman must swear so help me God or get out in November Air Force Times airforcetimes.com

Oh the title isnt a lie.

The Air Force used to allow airmen to omit the phrase “so help me God” if they so chose. But an Oct. 30, 2013, update to Air Force Instruction 36-2606, which spells out the active-duty oath of enlistment, dropped that option. Since that quiet update to the AFI, airmen have been required to swear an oath to a deity when they enlist or reenlist.

The idea that any branch requires you to swear an oath to god in order to fight for this nation is an insult to serving in the military since we have people serving of all faiths.
There is only one God, Balls...same God for everyone whether you believe it or not. You have no say.
My goddess, not your god.....right.

If onlywe had a commander in chief who would step in an use his power constructively instead of sympathizing with black criminals.

Oh the title isnt a lie.

So don't joined the US armed forces then.

I'm sure they'll be just fine without you. :badgrin:
Another person illustrating why we have the 1st Amendment and the ACLU.

Oh the title isnt a lie.

You voluntarily suspend ALL your Constitutional rights when you join the military. THe COTUS no longer applies to you, the UCMJ does.

Again, are you sure you served?

Oh the title isnt a lie.

They are taking an oath. When you place your hand on the authorized King James Bible before taking the witness stand to swear you are telling the truth you do the same thing. The oath is the same, I swear to tell the whole truth, nothing but the truth so help me God. Sound familiar? It should. It is done in every courtroom across America. Why? Our founding fathers - this nation was founded as a Christian nation and was dedicated to God as a Christian nation. You could always move to Saudi Arabia and pledge to Allah or some other god if you wish. That is your right. Here in America we believe on the God of the Bible and have established our Constitution, Bill of Rights, our system with respect to God Almighty. Not hindu gods or another other gods. The Lord Jesus Christ is God. We honor the name of the LORD when taking an official oath in this country.

Oh the title isnt a lie.

They are taking an oath. When you place your hand on the authorized King James Bible before taking the witness stand to swear you are telling the truth you do the same thing. The oath is the same, I swear to tell the whole truth, nothing but the truth so help me God. Sound familiar? It should. It is done in every courtroom across America. Why? Our founding fathers - this nation was founded as a Christian nation and was dedicated to God as a Christian nation. You could always move to Saudi Arabia and pledge to Allah or some other god if you wish. That is your right. Here in America we believe on the God of the Bible and have established our Constitution, Bill of Rights, our system with respect to God Almighty. Not hindu gods or another other gods. The Lord Jesus Christ is God. We honor the name of the LORD when taking an official oath in this country.

Pssst, the oath doesn't speak of the Christian God, sorry.

Oh the title isnt a lie.

no.

Oh the title isnt a lie.

If I were the Air Force, Id change my policy, reenlist this pussy and send him to the North Pole for 4 years.
And people like you is why we have the 1st Amendment and the ACLU.
?
huh? Exactly how would the ACLU assist in changing military protocols.
You are aware, of course, that they can not...in any way shape or form.
How could you not know that? Arent you retired Navy

If onlywe had a commander in chief who would step in an use his power constructively instead of sympathizing with black criminals.
what
You understand Obama is Commander in Chief and can step in and take care of this with one EO, right?
SO why doesnt he?
or let the courts take care of it.....

Of course he does that and you guys cry about how he is a dictator

um civilians courts wouldn't have jurisdiction. Do you understand that?

Now, I think a military panel would rule that the guy does not have t say "under God" , but the COTUS does NOT apply here.

what
You understand Obama is Commander in Chief and can step in and take care of this with one EO, right?
SO why doesnt he?
or let the courts take care of it.....

Of course he does that and you guys cry about how he is a dictator

um civilians courts wouldn't have jurisdiction. Do you understand that?

Now, I think a military panel would rule that the guy does not have t say "under God" , but the COTUS does NOT apply here.

maybe....it should be removed

Forum List

Back