airforce now forces you to swear to god

If I were the Air Force, Id change my policy, reenlist this pussy and send him to the North Pole for 4 years.
And people like you is why we have the 1st Amendment and the ACLU.

You have a first amendment right to not be sent somewhere when you join the military? II though you served?
I did...and the Navy didn't make us swear to God...we could swear or affirm.

What does that have to do with you claiming the ACLU could d a damned thing?
Of course they can....anyone can get an ACLU lawyer to fight for their 1st Amendment rights when groups like the Air Farce tries to take them away.

How old are you? Did you serve so long ago that you have forgotten everything they taught you?
And what is it what I said that is legally incorrect?
Short and sweet.

A soldier can not sue the military.

Ever.
Did you pay attention to the story? He was not allowed to re-enlist. He's no longer a airman....so, he can sue the Federal government for allowing such a blatantly unConstitutional policy in place.

If I were the Air Force, Id change my policy, reenlist this pussy and send him to the North Pole for 4 years.

You have a first amendment right to not be sent somewhere when you join the military? II though you served?
True.

But I don't quite understand how anyone in the military would think that the ACLU would be an outlet for change in the military. It is drummed in your head that any outside forces are not at your disposal....I mean...military 101 in all branches.
Are you saying that this Airman has no legal recourse to protect his freedom of religion and freedom FROM religion?
He does not.
Imagine a military that can be sued by active soldiers.
Every injury subject to suit. Every war subject to suit.

It would never work.

No. He does not. He does not like it, he does not have4 to serve.

We are OK with that.
He's no longer in the military. He can sue the Feds over a blatantly unConstitutional policy. And he will win. What amazes me is the stupidity of the Air Farce to dig their heals in on this.

He's no longer in the military. He can sue the Feds over a blatantly unConstitutional policy. And he will win. What amazes me is the stupidity of the Air Farce to dig their heals in on this.

I never understand this kind of crap. NO one in the chain of command said "hold it, this isn't gonna fly, and it's gonna make us look like kooks"? They thought the rule would just go through without a peep?

I don't get it.

I never understand this kind of crap. NO one in the chain of command said "hold it, this isn't gonna fly, and it's gonna make us look like kooks"? They thought the rule would just go through without a peep?

I don't get it.

I agree that it is not very smart and can prove to be insulting to some...and by no means necessary. But the buck stops with the CiC....how he approved this is beyond me. Of all CiC's, he would be the one I would expect to strike it down.

True.

But I don't quite understand how anyone in the military would think that the ACLU would be an outlet for change in the military. It is drummed in your head that any outside forces are not at your disposal....I mean...military 101 in all branches.
Are you saying that this Airman has no legal recourse to protect his freedom of religion and freedom FROM religion?
He does not.

It would never work.

We are OK with that.
If he is no longer in the military then he is no longer an Airman....so I am confused by your question....."Are you saying that this Airman has no legal recourse to protect his freedom of religion and freedom FROM religion?"

Bo....today was not one of our better days together. I am confused as to why you were looking for fault in that Army dad...and more confused as to why you are not aware of the few...actually none.... "legal" rights of an active Airman if you were, in fact, with the Navy.

I don't get it.

You don't get it is right sir.

The military doesn't give two figs what the COTUS says in terms of violating your rights.

Go into your commanding officer's office call him a fucking dickhead, then hire an ACLU lawyer after they "violate your freedom of speech"

There's no way this is Constitutional.

This shouldn't even be an issue.

I agree....but you notice how people are flocking to defend the policy?
I am not defending the policy. I disagree with the policy. But I repsect the military and the decisions it makes.

Why don't you find out how the CiC approved this. It is one of the branches under his command. He could have nixed it......or if necessary, EO'd it. Why did he let it happen?

True.

He does not.

It would never work.

We are OK with that.
If he is no longer in the military then he is no longer an Airman....so I am confused by your question....."Are you saying that this Airman has no legal recourse to protect his freedom of religion and freedom FROM religion?"

Bo....today was not one of our better days together. I am confused as to why you were looking for fault in that Army dad...and more confused as to why you are not aware of the few...actually none.... "legal" rights of an active Airman if you were, in fact, with the Navy.

There is ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY noway that person served.

A third week recruit knows that the military isn't bound by the COTUS in regards to its members rights.

True.

He does not.

It would never work.

We are OK with that.

A third week recruit knows that the military isn't bound by the COTUS in regards to its members rights.
third week recruit....and just about every push up from that moment on you are well aware that you have no legal recourse if you disagree with the military and the protocols you must follow. It is drummed into your head every time you wince in pain; every time you starve for sleep. If I had a nickel for every time I heard someone say "I'm gonna sue" and every time that person received double time for saying it...I would be quite wealthy.

If onlywe had a commander in chief who would step in an use his power constructively instead of sympathizing with black criminals.
what
You understand Obama is Commander in Chief and can step in and take care of this with one EO, right?
SO why doesnt he?
or let the courts take care of it.....

Of course he does that and you guys cry about how he is a dictator

um civilians courts wouldn't have jurisdiction. Do you understand that?

Now, I think a military panel would rule that the guy does not have t say "under God" , but the COTUS does NOT apply here.

maybe....it should be removed

Personally I believe it should be optional.

In either case though, the ridiculous notion that the first amendment has anything to do with this is just ridiculous.I have a hard time believing anyone who served doesn't remember that one of the first things they tell you is "The military owns you now"

The UCMJ gives many of the same protections as the COTUS, but entirely the same .
well outside of the argument that the government may be promoting one religion over another, and since the Air-force tends to be mostly Fundi Christians its not that far of a leap.

While I object to the term Fundi Christian, let's set that aside for a moment.

Are you aware that UCMJ could be amended t say that ONLY Christians could serve and there isn't a damned thing the ACLU could do about it?

Now, don't think that I am suggesting such a thing, I am not. I am merely setting up a hypothetical. Soldiers in the military have VOLUNTARILY given up their Constitutional rights.
well your hypothetical wouldnt get very far.

True.

He does not.

It would never work.

We are OK with that.

third week recruit....and just about every push up from that moment on you are well aware that you have no legal recourse if you disagree with the military and the protocols you must follow. It is drummed into your head every time you wince in pain; every time you starve for sleep. If I had a nickel for every time I heard someone say "I'm gonna sue" and every time that person received double time for saying it...I would be quite wealthy.
So...we are being told now that when we sign up to the military we ALSO give up our freedom of religion?

when you join the military, you do give up certain Constitutional rights. In exchange, the military attempts to provide most if not all your basic needs. You are taught from day one that military needs will outweigh rights enjoyed by fellow citizens.

I don't get it.

You don't get it is right sir.

The military doesn't give two figs what the COTUS says in terms of violating your rights.

Go into your commanding officer's office call him a fucking dickhead, then hire an ACLU lawyer after they "violate your freedom of speech"

I'm not sure what this has to do with what I said.

when you join the military, you do give up certain Constitutional rights. In exchange, the military attempts to provide most if not all your basic needs. You are taught from day one that military needs will outweigh rights enjoyed by fellow citizens.
Does that include giving up the right of Freedom of Religion?

[QUOTE="bodecea, post: 9778560, member: 20112"
So...we are being told now that when we sign up to the military we ALSO give up our freedom of religion? [/QUOTE]

More absolute proof that your claims of serving are false.

You give up your CONSTITUTIONAL protections, absolutely positively. You DO however have legal protections, as defined in the UCMJ

By the way, did you acknowledge that this airman IS still in the Air Force
contrary to your earlier claims?

Forum List

Back