Al Gore proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Global Warming is real!!!

StrongBad

Feb 27, 2016
GoreTruth.jpg

Those that know the science, discuss it. Those that don't, talk about Gore.

Mount Kilimanjaro's shrinking glacier is complicated and not due to just global warming. However, this does not mean the Earth is not warming. There is ample evidence that Earth's average temperature has increased in the past 100 years and the decline of mid- and high-latitude glaciers is a major piece of evidence.
Climate Myth...
Mt. Kilimanjaro's ice loss is due to land use
'Gore claims the snowcap atop Africa's Mt. Kilimanjaro is shrinking and that global warming is to blame. Yet according to the November 2003 issue of Nature magazine, "Although it's tempting to blame the ice loss on global warming, researchers think deforestation of the mountain's foothills is the more likely culprit. Without the forests' humidity, previously moisture-laden winds blew dry. No longer replenished with water, the ice is evaporating in the strong equatorial sunshine."' (James Taylor)

Indeed deforestation seems to be causing Mount Kilimanjaro's shrinking glacier so Gore got this wrong. But Philip Mote, author of the study in Nature, puts it in perspective: "The fact that the loss of ice on Mount Kilimanjaro cannot be used as proof of global warming does not mean that the Earth is not warming. There is ample and conclusive evidence that Earth's average temperature has increased in the past 100 years, and the decline of mid- and high-latitude glaciers is a major piece of evidence."

Those that know the science, discuss it. Those that don't, talk about Gore.
those without science, like nbc news, are running the polar bear standing on the tiny ice floaty, and the melty crashing glacier video bites.

when that ice cube melts the poor bear will plunge into the freezing water. can bears even swim ?

can't the liberals knit the bears some sweaters or something ?? they look so cold.

Last edited:
The eco charlatan has done financially very well, you've got to give him that.

I don't have the link but I remember a story being pushed by the global warming proponents about a year or so back that the ice sheet on a dormant volcano in Antarctica was melting and they held a press conference as this was proof of global warming.

Unfortunately for them, another press conference was being held almost at the same time by vulcanologists to report that the same volcano was no longer dormant and the heat moving upward was melting the ice and snow on the volcano.

I don't have the link but I remember a story being pushed by the global warming proponents about a year or so back that the ice sheet on a dormant volcano in Antarctica was melting and they held a press conference as this was proof of global warming.

Unfortunately for them, another press conference was being held almost at the same time by vulcanologists to report that the same volcano was no longer dormant and the heat moving upward was melting the ice and snow on the volcano.
I remember back to when an ice age was going to cover all of our farm land. That was supposed to happen about 30 years ago.

True story,
one global warming speach was held in the summer in Colorado, when Al Gore flew in to deliver his speach it was snowing.
one time there was a global warming protest in stowe, the photo in the paper showed the bank thermometer behind the protest read -33 F.
true story.

I remember back to when an ice age was going to cover all of our farm land. That was supposed to happen about 30 years ago.

When I was in school in the late 60s and early 70s, the biggest fear was the new ICE AGE. In the month of January one year, the temp was 18 degrees below an average day for the entire month. We had 3 feet of snow and missed 6 weeks of school. You could walk from KY to Indiana on the Ohio River. Huge ice dams were causing flooding.

There is no "Global Warming", that's why they changed it to "Climate Change".

When I was in school in the late 60s and early 70s, the biggest fear was the new ICE AGE. In the month of January one year, the temp was 18 degrees below an average day for the entire month. We had 3 feet of snow and missed 6 weeks of school. You could walk from KY to Indiana on the Ohio River. Huge ice dams were causing flooding.
In the early 70's I was in grade school. The earth was going to be iced over so we would all starve to death and we were going to be out of oil before I would get a chance to drive. Which really pissed me off. Still not iced over and driving the shit out of everything I can. So much for the lefts version of science.

There is no "Global Warming", that's why they changed it to "Climate Change".
soon again to be called weather.

DBPea39V0AAYD27.jpg:thumb

global warming had a graph once represented by a hockey stick, ironically a game played on ice.

Mount Kilimanjaro's shrinking glacier is complicated and not due to just global warming. However, this does not mean the Earth is not warming. There is ample evidence that Earth's average temperature has increased in the past 100 years and the decline of mid- and high-latitude glaciers is a major piece of evidence.
Climate Myth...
Mt. Kilimanjaro's ice loss is due to land use
'Gore claims the snowcap atop Africa's Mt. Kilimanjaro is shrinking and that global warming is to blame. Yet according to the November 2003 issue of Nature magazine, "Although it's tempting to blame the ice loss on global warming, researchers think deforestation of the mountain's foothills is the more likely culprit. Without the forests' humidity, previously moisture-laden winds blew dry. No longer replenished with water, the ice is evaporating in the strong equatorial sunshine."' (James Taylor)

Indeed deforestation seems to be causing Mount Kilimanjaro's shrinking glacier so Gore got this wrong. But Philip Mote, author of the study in Nature, puts it in perspective: "The fact that the loss of ice on Mount Kilimanjaro cannot be used as proof of global warming does not mean that the Earth is not warming. There is ample and conclusive evidence that Earth's average temperature has increased in the past 100 years, and the decline of mid- and high-latitude glaciers is a major piece of evidence."

The earth warms and cools......we have nothing to do with it...

Forum List

Back