AL Rep Barry Moore (R) arrested on felony charges

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
AL Rep. Barry Moore of Enterprise arrested on felony charges - WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL.

Acting Attorney General Davis and attorneys with the Special Prosecutions Division presented evidence to a Lee County Special Grand Jury resulting in Rep. Moore's indictment. Specifically, the indictment charges Rep. Moore with:

Count one: providing false statements relating to any matter under investigation by the Attorney General;

Count two: perjury in the first degree;

Count three: providing false statements relating to any matter under investigation by the Attorney General; and

Count four: perjury in the first degree;
If convicted, Rep. Moore faces a maximum penalty of one to ten years imprisonment and fines of up to $15,000 for each count of providing false statements and perjury, both of which are Class C Felonies.

"It is a serious crime to provide false statements to a grand jury," said Acting Attorney General Davis. "All citizens who testify before a grand jury must testify truthfully – even elected public officials. Any witness who makes a false statement in the matter under investigation by the Lee County Special Grand Jury will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, regardless of their political affiliation or position."

Apparently, AL is having their fair share of trouble these days.

Rep. Greg Wren's guilty plea on ethics charges 'a great day for Alabama' | AL.com

Here's the part where I laugh myself senseless.

Ending Corruption in Montgomery: Democrats have held the majority in Montgomery for 136 years, and during that time, they created an atmosphere that breeds corruption and encourages graft. The recent criminal convictions of numerous Democrat legislators and other Democrat officials provide ample evidence of that fact.

So - what. These two are an aberration? He doesn't link to the 'recent criminal convictions' in the middle of his article about a Republican pleading guilty? I did a search and found nothing.

Forum List

Back