Alabama GOP's retiring Richard Shelby gets standing ovation reflecting on 36 Senate years in visit to Mobile, says "people must be punished" for Jan 6

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
in July 2021, Senate Appropriations chair Patrick Leahy and vice chair Richard Shelby announced deal on $2bn Capitol security supplemental bill — reimbursing US Capitol Police and the National Guard for Jan. 6

36 years of sucking the taxpayer dry....Fuck that parasite.
Agree totally... and he was MY Senator. Now we'll have to suffer under a former member of his staff. She's a cute little twist of tail but that's ALL she has going for her. She'll ascend to that position without my vote, Trump endorsement or not.

in July 2021, Senate Appropriations chair Patrick Leahy and vice chair Richard Shelby announced deal on $2bn Capitol security supplemental bill — reimbursing US Capitol Police and the National Guard for Jan. 6

I applaud Richard Shelby for saying "people must be punished for Jan 6" instead of being a non-thinking drone, yes man, party loyalist.

However giving $2 billion reimbursement to US Capitol Police and the National Guard for Jan. 6 is a lot too much. The rioters must be forced to pay that restitution, not tax payers. Hopefully all the rioters & Trumps assets & earnings get seized to reimburse tax payers.

Shelby was on the Space commission. A proponent of the SLS rocket because of Huntsville in Alabama. The cost of the SLS rocket is 20 billion dollars and rising. It was supposed to be a few billion dollars based on the Shuttle orange tank and solid rocket boosters. The Orion spacecraft part of it is another 10 billion dollars. The first 4 launches of the SLS will be 4 billion dollars each. The price will drop but still be expensive from the original few hundred million dollars per launch touted when initiated. China is going to clean up in space activities as they ramp up. We need to privatize much of it to compete. Especially with diversity and equity making the costs much higher.

Forum List

Back