"Alas, Poor Harley-Davidson ..."

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
"... we knew them well."

How hath the mighty fallen.

190311142147-harley-davidson-1-exlarge-169.jpg

Harley-Davidson's evolving mission toward a greener future - CNN

They're running out of boomers, who are trying to get that last grab at their youth.

All those fat white dentists and other fashionistas will look even dumber on that than they do the Harleys they ride now.

the prices they ask for all that bling are ridiculous, and they wonder why sales are low???? The middle class is going away, probably permanently, so they better adapt or die.

The U.S., as a Third world country of the future, will have streets that look a lot more like India or Thailand or China, with cheap three wheelers and other Asian vehicles with smokey two cycle engines and barely room for two passengers and a case of bottled water in the back.

Asian Footprint Watch: Two or three wheeled Motorcycles are a major issue for congestion, pollution and road safety in most Asia’s cities

Why are 2 & 3 wheeled motorcycles so prevalent inside Asian Pacific mobility modes ?

Motor vehicles due to their low initial cost overwhelmingly dominate the market for ground mobility of passengers and freight in developing countries. Bus lines, trains and rapid transit systems in urban areas are less frequent than what exists in developed countries.

Moreover inside the developing countries’ motor vehicle market: mopeds, 2-3 wheelers or scooters have the lion's share as compared to 4 wheelers passenger cars, light and heavy trucks or bus.

There is a strong upfront advantage in term of cost....:

The basic advantage is cost efficiency and lower weight especially with two-stroke engines delivering high torque and greater power output at a very low cost.

In India during 2011, the range of prices of motorcycles of 75-125 cc category – the highest selling category – was around 48,500 Rs (850$) and for 125-250 cc around 81,500 Rs(1,300$) (see Narayan V. Iyer, August,2012).

As concerns congestion, two or three wheelers offer high maneuverability at a low speed, in narrow lanes & crowded urbazined areas, not to mention the need of smaller parking areas.

Moreover in Taiwan, Europe and Malaysia - as we can see today in congested Penang Island- there is a surge of two wheelers among car owners as an additionally mode of mobility.

Last edited:
Are those the little electric scooters for kids they made?
Looks just like em

Harleys are just too fucking expensive now. Why are young people going to buy a 30k bike when they can get an import thats only around 8 that has more power?
Sure they dont like as good or can sound as good but we are talking a 20k dollar difference..

They are running out of baby boomers looking to recapture their youth.
And are being replaced with prancing faggots. .... :gay:

True that.

TNHarley
I been riding harleys for years!
/——-/ I’d love to ride, and would only choose a Harley but I’ve seen too many fatal accidents in NY caused by wreckless car drivers. At the age of 67, I guess it’s one thing I’ll never do.

Forum List

Back