Alaska Wants To Secede - To Russia!

Put your hand up if you're just talking nonsense and attacking the other side.

That's be most of you.

30,000 signatures in less than a week. What does that say about America's confidence in our president?

Thousands sign WhiteHouse.gov petition for Alaska to secede -- to Russia | Fox News

Says a lot about the ignorance of the people of Alaska

They receive more federal support than they pay in taxes. Let them see if they get a better deal from the Russians

You're ignoring a key fact. Those signatures could be from anyone anywhere in the world. No proof these are Alaskan signatures.

I suspect Texas...don't you?

30,000 signatures in less than a week. What does that say about America's confidence in our president?

Thousands sign WhiteHouse.gov petition for Alaska to secede -- to Russia | Fox News

And lest the stupid LW's try using this as a club to bash the Right people with, I assure them those signatures were symbolic "no confidence" in Obozo votes.

There were 30,000 signitures, but no indictation where they were from. Probably 1000 insane "Conservatives" and 29,000 John Doe's, aka Putin.

Given that Alaska is one of the welfare states, that is, it gets more from the Federal Government than it send in, as is the case with most red states, they cannot afford to succede.

LOL. I may not be Putin's fan but he's a hell of a lot better than our Idiot-in-Chief.

^Case in point.

Many of us considered Bush to be the one of the worst American Presidents in history. Time will tell, but I think that assumption is based on the financial cataclysm at the end of his administration and the revelation that every single reason for invading Iraq turned out to be untrue..and created a very dangerous situation world wide.

Yet we NEVER held that a foreign leader would be better at governing..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX1lBOxoJeU]Rangel Responds to Chavez - YouTube[/ame]

Quite the opposite.

Many liberals rallied to the DEFENSE of the President when HE was criticized by foreign leaders.

That's the way patriotism works.

You NEVER take the side of the foreign adversaries.

Last edited:

They receive more federal support than they pay in taxes. Let them see if they get a better deal from the Russians

You're ignoring a key fact. Those signatures could be from anyone anywhere in the world. No proof these are Alaskan signatures.

I suspect Texas...don't you?

And here's a Texas "patriot"..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmqtNiy4lgc]Texas Sovereignty or Secession Rally - Larry Kilgore - YouTube[/ame]

Liberals wage war on America's enemies.

Conservatives wage war on Americans.

THAT is the most idiotic, stupid two lines of English words thrown together to form one of the most egregious lying bullshit ever posted on this forum. :up:

shallow.., are you admitting now here in front of the world that you liberscum own the Vietnam war ??

Own it?

I would say that it was fairly Liberal folks that got us involved.

From Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy and Johnson, all fairly liberal Presidents.

In fact I've held that Johnson Presidency was essentially ruined by his escalation of Vietnam.

Course none of you folks blame Nixon.

In any case..

Conservative "wars" include:
-The Whiskey Rebellion.
-The Utah War.
-Civil War.

All wars started by Conservatives against Americans.

Those you "own".

This is terrible.
Alaska was democratically bought by America, after a referendum of the inhabitants.
Or maybe they just bought it and gave the residents shit all chance to decide if they liked it or not.
The question is, if you have 30,000 people who would prefer to be Russian, does that mean you have a potential for 30,000 Russian spies in any future political disagreement or 300,00 fifth columnists in a military conflict with Russia?

Wow...30,000 is a lot of crazy in one sparsely populated state.

It strikes me how ignorant to history many American are.

Russian activists sue US to take Alaska back
http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/03/16/293848/russia-groups-sues-us-over-alaska/
A group of Russian Orthodox activists have filed a lawsuit against Washington aimed at taking back the state of Alaska from the US and returning it to Russia as the latter country’s sovereign territory.

If you had ever read James A. Michener's, Alaska, you would know how we came to "own" the territory was not all together honorable, and the claim that the "purchase" was not necessarily legal. It is claimed that Alaska is only being "leased."
http://alaskapride.blogspot.com/2008/12/russian-professor-igor-panarin-claims.html

There are quite a few ethnic Russians living in Alaska, and the political climate in Alaska is very conservative.

RUSSIA WANTS ALASKA BACK!
http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/31394/russia-wants-alaska-back/
russia_akd.jpg

MOSCOW – 144 years after selling Alaska to the U.S., Russia wants it back.

March 30 marked 144 years since the day when Russia sold Alaska to the United States for five cents per hectare. The adequate agreement was signed at 4 a.m. by the Russian Ambassador to Washington Eduard Stoeckl.

The government of Alexander II sold the huge territory of over 1.5 square kilometers for $7.2 million, gold (11 million rubles, gold).

Now, Vladmir Putin wants Alaska back and he’s told Pravda that he will make it happen before Obama is out of office.

Back in 1867, many Russians were perplexed as to why the government sold the territory which the people of the country had been developing for 126 years. Many in the country were surprised that the selling price for Alaska was so low.

And of course there is the controversy of whether or not Obama gave territory away to the Russians. The social engineering global elites centered foundation FactCheck argues no, the territory never belonged to the US, however, many in conservative circle continue to argue that since the treaty was never ratified by the Russians, it remained to be re-negotiated.
http://www.factcheck.org/2012/03/alaskan-island-giveaway/

Last edited:

That's an excellent point. Putin has publicly stated he WANTS Alaska back. :badgrin:

It also show more and more people are getting fed up with Obama's tyrannical regime.

No, it just proves that conservatism and communism are almost identical.

image_zpse16624ac.jpg

Boy, you are some kind of special idiot!!

How can one tell Russia from conservative beliefs?

Conservative Russia

People simply do not realize that Russia is a deeply conservative country.

Fiscal policy is buttressed on a low, flat rate of income tax (13%), and there is virtually no social safety net, with spending on unemployment security, medical provision, disability aid, infrastructure, the environment, and urban regeneration far lower, in both absolute terms and as a percentage of GDP, than its G8 contemporaries.

Similarly, military spending is high in comparison — and growing — medical care is available free in theory, but requires private insurance or additional cash payment in practice, and businesses are in reality pretty un-regulated.

If that doesn’t sound to you like a set of policies Newt Gingrich or William F Buckley would support, then you don’t know your dyed in the wool conservatives from your woolly jumper wearing liberals.

And liberals are NOT welcome in Russia...I'm sure you right wing turds are salivating at the opportunity to turn your assault weapons on the "lame-stream media"

More than 300 journalists killed in Russia since 1993, says joint report

How about environmental policies? There are none...Russians, like conservatives here believe that pollution is a myth...rape the earth for profit.

Selling Alaska back to the Russians could go a long way towards solving our national debt problem.

I would imagine Alaska to be worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $17 trillion give or take a few.

We have nothing to gain.

So no I don't suspect Texas.

It's just that next to Texas, Alaska is the most disloyal state in the union

How is Texas "disloyal"?

And please be specific and be prepared to back up your claims.

Shortly after joining the Union, Texas sided with the Confederates in the Civil War.

And ever since losing that, Texas secession is a major issue for Texans.

Your sig even provides an insight into how Texans think.

Most Americans are Americans first and accept the fact that if a foreign born person wants to become an American, then its possible.

Texans?

Not so much.

Selling Alaska back to the Russians could go a long way towards solving our national debt problem.

I would imagine Alaska to be worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $17 trillion give or take a few.

We could even throw Alaskans and Texans into the deal.

Not that I think Putin would want the disloyal and traitorous rabble.

Y'all are proving my point about the teabaggers and right wing love affair with The Pootin post after post after post.

Wants to leave eh? Let us know if you need boxes.
Too bad our new commie government doesn't have that same attitude.

I hope you have fun with your new commie government in Russia. Let us know when y'all finally get some food on the shelfs.

Forum List

Back