Alicia Keys to perform in Tel Aviv

Sweet_Caroline

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2013
Kuddos to Alicia Keys, the 14-time Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter, for choosing to abide by her commitment to perform in Tel Aviv on July 4. Just a few days ago, a coalition of groups petitioned Keys to cancel her concert in Tel Aviv to protest Israel’s quote unquote mistreatment of Palestinians. Her refusal to cave in to the unjust boycott of Israel has warmed the hearts of her many Israeli fans, and probably added her a few new ones.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Kuddos to Alicia Keys, the 14-time Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter, for choosing to abide by her commitment to perform in Tel Aviv on July 4. Just a few days ago, a coalition of groups petitioned Keys to cancel her concert in Tel Aviv to protest Israel’s quote unquote mistreatment of Palestinians. Her refusal to cave in to the unjust boycott of Israel has warmed the hearts of her many Israeli fans, and probably added her a few new ones.

Yet another example of the success that the BDS is having.

BDS is working! BDS is working! Ha ha ha.

Ever since the BDS movement began, Israel's economy, tourism & big name entertainers have been booming. Long live the BDS movement.

Yet another example of the success that the BDS is having.

BDS is working! BDS is working! Ha ha ha.

I don't blame her for choosing her career over sacrificing for what is right. but she is going to have to answer questions of hypocrisy when she asks for people to sacrifice their hard earned money to support her children's charity.
I don't blame her for standing for what's right and not get bullied by the BDSholes.

Paul McCartney: They Threatened to Kill Me if I Played in Israel​

When rock legend Paul McCartney came to Israel in 2008, he was, at least to some extent, taking his life in his hands. Not because of Israel's sometimes precarious security situation, but because he was threatened by BDS (boycott, divest, and sanction) anti-Israel groups. “I got death threats, but I'm coming anyway,” the singer was quoted as saying by Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs researcher Adam Shay.

“I got explicit death threats, but I have no intention of surrendering. I refuse to cancel my performances in Israel,” Shay quoted McCartney as saying.

The former Beatle is not alone.

Dozens of other artists who schedule dates in Israel are lobbied, bullied, threatened, and even attacked at concerts by anti-Israel groups who are bent on isolating Israel culturally, as well as economically. Many artists, said Shay, claimed that their web sites have been attacked by hackers right before their Israeli concerts.

Alicia Keys, who recently played a concert here last week, supplies the latest example of intimidation faced by artists who play Israel. Several of her fellow singers – notably Elvis Costello and Roger Waters – urged her to cancel, calling Israel an “apartheid state,” and Keys' Facebook page was littered with condemnations of her on the day of the concert. Costello himself cancelled a concert in Israel in 2010, as did Carlos Santana, after being hectored by anti-Israel groups. Other notables who have cancelled planned concerts in Israel are Jon Bon Jovi, the Yardbirds, Joe Lynn Turner, and the Pixies. Spanish singer Paco Ibanez went one better, telling a French newspaper that he is boycotting the Hebrew language, which he can speak, for political reasons.

But despite the pressure and threats, there are many artists who continue to play Israel. In the past month, rock bands Deep Purple and the Pet Shop Boys have held concerts in Israel, and American artist Rihanna is scheduled to take her second tour here in October. And of course, there was Madonna.

Many of these artists, Shay said, decided to perform in Israel despite the threats. “When singer Moby was interviewed on Army Radio shortly before he performed in Israel, he said that the intensity of the attacks against him before he came to Israel made him suspect that this wasn't an objective movement that was concerned with people's welfare, but with something dark and dubious.” Unfortunately, though, “most artists just don't want to deal with it. It's much easier for them to release a statement that they won't be appearing in Israel 'for reasons of conscience' rather than to say their lives are being threatened and they're frightened.”

Paul McCartney: I Was Threatened Over Israel Show - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

Animals Lead Singer to Perform in Israel After All
Eric Burdon arrives in Israel ahead of Thursday concert, a week after his manager said he wouldn't come because of threats.

By Elad Benari
First Publish: 7/31/2013, 5:15 AM

A week after Eric Burdon, the former lead singer in the British band The Animals, cancelled his performance in Israel because of political pressure, he had a change of heart.

The Israel Hayom daily newspaper reported on Tuesday that Burdon landed in Israel on Monday evening, ahead of his planned performance with popular Israeli rock band Tislam at the Zappa Shuni Amphitheater in Binyamina.

Last week, his manager explained that it was decided to cancel Thursday’s concert because Burdon had been receiving daily threatening emails.

“We are under increasing pressure, including many threatening emails that we are receiving on a daily basis. I wouldn’t want to put Eric in any danger,” the manager wrote to the members of Tislam.

At a press conference in Tel Aviv, however, the 71-year-old rock legend denied he had ever thought to cancel his Israel.

"The fact that I am here proves the point," he told reporters, according to UPI.

Burdon took advantage of the press conference to praise the resumption of Israeli-Palestinian Authority peace talks in Washington, saying while he believes and dreams for peace, "We live in a world that also knows war."

Earlier this month, popular rhythm and blues artist Alicia Keys refused to cave in to pressure by anti-Israel activists and gave a sold out concert in Tel Aviv.

Keys announced that she had decided to go ahead with her concert in Tel Aviv despite calls from a number of anti-Israel activists to boycott the Jewish state.

“I look forward to my first visit to Israel. Music is a universal language that is meant to unify audiences in peace and love, and that is the spirit of our show,” Keys said.

The pop duo Pet Shop Boys also recently rejected calls from pro-Palestinian Authority activists to cancel a Tel Aviv concert. The concert went ahead as scheduled on June 23.

An anti-Israel group had claimed that the act of performing a concert constitutes tacit support for Israel's "policies of discrimination."

Pet Shop Boys member Neil Tennant, however, said he did not “agree with this comparison of Israel to apartheid-era South Africa.”

"It's a caricature. Israel has [in my opinion] some crude and cruel policies based on defense; it also has universal suffrage and equality of rights for all its citizens, both Jewish and Arab,” said Tennant, who noted, “In apartheid-era South Africa, artists could only play to segregated audiences; in Israel anyone who buys a ticket can attend a concert."

Animals Lead Singer to Perform in Israel After All - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlvMXNVqn2o]Eric Burdon - San Franciscan Nights (Live, 1998) - YouTube[/ame]

Alicia Keys was warned by Alice Walker not to perform in Israel, but resisted the pressure. Walker has a personal vendetta against Jews, since she was dumped by a Jewish husband. The great Jon Bon Jovi was also bullied into cancelling his performances in Israel, but now says he will perform there, in the future, after all. :eusa_whistle:

Blah blah..she is gorgeous.

Alicia-Keys-alicia-keys-432024_1280_1024.jpg

I don't blame her for choosing her career over sacrificing for what is right. but she is going to have to answer questions of hypocrisy when she asks for people to sacrifice their hard earned money to support her children's charity.
I don't blame her for standing for what's right and not get bullied by the BDSholes.

i am sure you will agree with what she has to say in standing up for what's right.

She is hot, but has zero musical interest to intelligent listeners and musicians. Hope she is doesn't feel hypocritical playing in an apartheid state.

She is hot, but has zero musical interest to intelligent listeners and musicians. Hope she is doesn't feel hypocritical playing in an apartheid state.
Well she could always go talk to the Arab doctors at the various Israeli hospitals on their coffee breaks, or have dinner with Miss Israel from Ethiopia.
Meanwhile, of course, Alicia Keys no doubt makes much, much more money and has many more admirers than the poster Snouter so bottom line is that she really doesn't care about his opinion of her music. And yes, you smell like a hog pen.

Forum List

Back