Alito accepted an undeclared gift from.a billionaire whose case was before the court

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US

Alito felt no reason to recuse himself from a case involving the billionaire, even after accepting a free ride on his jet to a fishing trip.

Alito felt no reason to recuse himself from a case involving the billionaire, even after accepting a free ride on his jet to a fishing trip.
You do know that there aren't really any laws against Supreme Court Justices excepting things like this.

“Alito did not report the 2008 fishing trip on his annual financial disclosures. By failing to disclose the private jet flight Singer provided, Alito appears to have violated a federal law that requires justices to disclose most gifts, according to ethics law experts.”

Alito ignores the law along with precedent.

I just read a story on this. While I have condemned the court on many cases this one doesn't seem to be that big of a story.

I suppose maybe I find it positive that they could only find one issue from 15 years ago to complain about. If that was the case with all justices things wouldn't be looking so negatively for the court.

“Alito did not report the 2008 fishing trip on his annual financial disclosures. By failing to disclose the private jet flight Singer provided, Alito appears to have violated a federal law that requires justices to disclose most gifts, according to ethics law experts.”

The USSC is a law unto themselves.

Poopeypants has a case before the Supreme Court?

And Dims ignore the law with frequency.
Your idiot attempts at deflection aren't working Mrs. Jones

Alito is a crook nominated by crook Donald Trump.

Forum List

Back