All 9 Supreme Court justices push back on oversight

There is the appearance of impropriety.

No, what does it matter if they became friends after Thomas became a justice? As long as there is no business dealings between them, there should be no impropriety. At least that’s what the law appears to say.

No, what does it matter if they became friends after Thomas became a justice? As long as there is no business dealings between them, there should be no impropriety. At least that’s what the law appears to say.

And common sense....

But the goal isn't the law, the goal isn't common sense.....the goal is to prepare the battlefield if the democrats win the next election cycle so they can impeach conservative judges or pack the court.......all this noise is simply preparation for that effort.

Nope..........the leftist justices are just covering their asses...........if they let the conservatives take the hit, then they will be next..
I choose to judge people by what they do. So I will continue to give credit when credit is due no matter how wrong somebody has been about other things. To do anything else is to fail to encourage good behavior.

there is a system of checks nad balances...they have to first be nominated by the Executive branch, then the Senate has to consent to their nomination. That is oversight.
That's not actually "oversight". Oversight doesn't refer to the process that installs any individual to a government office. It refers to the process that should be in effect after the individual assumes authority in his/her position.

Yes, yes, yes, the charges are impeachable if true. The Congress could impeach Thomas if the members agreed that Thomas' adoration of yellow was an impeachable offense.
I have to disagree with that. Impeachment is more like an indictment. Whether or not the charges are true is to be determined by the trial after the impeachment.

I have to disagree with that. Impeachment is more like an indictment. Whether or not the charges are true is to be determined by the trial after the impeachment.
I will agree with your better description. My point is that whatever the House decides is an impeachable offense is uncontestable. Only the House makes that decision.

Poor libs, they got bitch slapped again.
Robert's wife raked in $10 million recruiting lawyer talent to work for high end law firms around the Country. The same firms who conduct business in front of that court. Think that fuck wants anyone looking at his books?

They may think their gods but their all on the take with Roberts & Thomas as prime examples. Those two are why people are realizing that the wealthy priviledged class can do whatever they goddam well please with no accountability & no conswquences.

My oh my! I wonder what the left think about this. Apparently all 9 justices, which includes the staunch liberals, aren't in favor of SC oversight.

There's no conservative-liberal divide on the U.S. Supreme Court when it comes to calls for a new, enforceable ethics code.

All nine justices, in a rare step, on Tuesday released a joint statement reaffirming their voluntary adherence to a general code of conduct but rebutting proposals for independent oversight, mandatory compliance with ethics rules and greater transparency in cases of recusal.

Yeah, but a few of those right wing justices don't follow an ethical code. Thomas, Barrett, Kavanaugh and Gorsech are all un-ethicsl POS's.

No......impeachment isn't even a trial...it is a vote...and the democrats will simply need enough votes to start removing Thomas, Kavanaugh, Roberts, Alito, Barret....they showed with the fake arrest of Trump that they are no longer going to play the game....

No......impeachment isn't even a trial...it is a vote...and the democrats will simply need enough votes to start removing Thomas, Kavanaugh, Roberts, Alito, Barret....they showed with the fake arrest of Trump that they are no longer going to play the game....
Yes, I know impeachment isn't a trial. But a trial becomes necessary after a vote for impeachment. No justice will be removed without that trial.
(I will ignore your useless propaganda about Trump and the democrats.)

Yes, I know impeachment isn't a trial. But a trial becomes necessary after a vote for impeachment. No justice will be removed without that trial.
(I will ignore your useless propaganda about Trump and the democrats.)

A trial followed by a democrat party vote to purge....

A trial followed by a democrat party vote to purge....
Are you suggesting that republican senators would go along with a verdict they believed was wrong? Remember, it takes 2/3 of the senate to convict.

Are you suggesting that republican senators would go along with a verdict they believed was wrong? Remember, it takes 2/3 of the senate to convict.

They don't have to if the democrats have the 2/3.........that is the only thing saving the justices right now.......till they get the 2/3 their next move will be to pack the court.....and they are preparing this now....

You actually believe Democrats have a 2/3 majority in the Senate? If someone told you that, I can say with certainty that that is pure propaganda.

No.........I am saying if and when they get their next 2/3 majority, they will start impeaching judges......Trump being arrested shows they don't care for the game anymore.

My oh my! I wonder what the left think about this. Apparently all 9 justices, which includes the staunch liberals, aren't in favor of SC oversight.

There's no conservative-liberal divide on the U.S. Supreme Court when it comes to calls for a new, enforceable ethics code.

All nine justices, in a rare step, on Tuesday released a joint statement reaffirming their voluntary adherence to a general code of conduct but rebutting proposals for independent oversight, mandatory compliance with ethics rules and greater transparency in cases of recusal.

I think that would violate the Constitution.

Forum List

Back