All blacks are victims of whitey museum opening today.

The Museum really is a very good idea. For 200 hundred years the White American has been bitching about how nasty the Indians were when the White Man went to america to steal the Indian's land. There are monuments and Hollywood films galour all about how the wonderful White Man conquered the Indians. Most of it is fantasy, of course, but never-the-less whitey has had 200 years of it. Finally ….. I say FINALLY the Black Man has an opportunity to tell the story of how he was forced to leave his home on ships where a high rate of Black People didn't even survive …. and those who did survive were treated in the most inhumane manner by the White Americans. It sounds fair to me that the Black Man gets to have at least 200 years of telling his story too. Bravo!
tumblr_lki0xqW1ft1qcwg7q.gif~c200
Again. It's racist.

The museum is a good idea. The white man (globally) doesn't display his woes without slandering the people who 'done him wrong'. The Nazis, the Japanese, the Communists, and now the Islamists. I think, finally, the American Indian has been given his fair dues. He didn't ask you to come. Isn't it time for the black man to be given the same? They weren't asked if they wanted to come.
Most here are not ancestors of slaves. To ignore it is racist. Blacks that were slaves were horribly treated and well afterwards. I remember the segregated south, my high school was not integrated. Movie theaters weren't. They had their own water fountains.

So if the museum helps them to pick at the national scab of racism and make someone feel better, good for them. But I don't understand how looking back helps you look forward. Anyone here now has more opportunity than anyone else anywhere. You have a choice.

As far as the natives, they enslaved and murdered natives long before Europeans showed up. And natives didn't simply sprout out of the ground, they immigrated here too, took what they could like everyone else did.

This incessant attempt to make white people feel guilty about history is a disservice to our culture. I'm half German, am I supposed to feel guilty about that too?

Looks like an excellent addition to our national mall. I plan on visiting next time I am in DC

Looks like a great museum to visit. It is free but you need a reservation

Slavery, post civil war, Jim Crow, Civil Rights right up to Barack Obama

Black contributions in music, entertainment, sports

Well worth a visit

Forum List

Back