All blacks are victims of whitey museum opening today.

The museum is a good idea. The white man (globally) doesn't display his woes without slandering the people who 'done him wrong'. The Nazis, the Japanese, the Communists, and now the Islamists. I think, finally, the American Indian has been given his fair dues. He didn't ask you to come. Isn't it time for the black man to be given the same? They weren't asked if they wanted to come.

And they sure as hell didn't return to Africa after they were freed, either.

A race specific museum seems a little weird since we are post racial. Why build a museum specialized to one race? Why not just expand the current Smithsonian and be all inclusive of all races? Something seems a little off kilter here.
It is a museum dedicated to a major segment of our society. It also includes quite a bit of information on the white race

Why would that offend you?

Maybe getting a little tired of hearing how horrible whites are, maybe.

A race specific museum seems a little weird since we are post racial. Why build a museum specialized to one race? Why not just expand the current Smithsonian and be all inclusive of all races? Something seems a little off kilter here.
It is a museum dedicated to a major segment of our society. It also includes quite a bit of information on the white race

Why would that offend you?
Really? Does it show appreciation to the 650,000 white men who died to settle the issue of slavery forever? Or rather does it continue to cudgel whites for slavery as if that price were never paid?

I have not seen how they handle the issue of the Civil War. I'm sure they cover the role of black soldiers in the war as well as reconstruction

Whites paid a price for slavery because they were unwilling to give it up without a fight like other countries did
I'm sure this museum's role is to conceal as much of the truth as possible.

But what I'm tired of is the never ending indictment of slavery on white people in general, as if there weren't millions of abolitionists so influential that many states abolished slavery well ahead of the war. Or how about the Emancipation Proclamation? The Battle Hymn of the Republic....."let us fight to make men free".

In fact, when we get right down to it, even most Southerners were not fighting for slavery, they were repelling an invader. Slave holders represented a tiny minority, and most soldiers were dirt poor, certainly not fighting for some rich man's plantation. A case could be made that slavery was very unpopular and most people opposed it on principle. And as if that weren't enough, the bloodiest war in our history, killing 650,000 WHITE MEN, paved the way for it to be abolished everywhere and forever.

So when I hear the Left, especially leftist blacks, demanding reparations and continuing to belt out indictments to induce guilt over an issue permanently settled 150 years ago, it makes me angry. The blood of thousands were a holy sacrifice, an eternal answer and sufficient absolution for the sin of slavery. White people today don't owe blacks shit, and if blacks haven't made something of their lives, it's their own damn fault, not white people.......now OR then.

The museum is a good idea. The white man (globally) doesn't display his woes without slandering the people who 'done him wrong'. The Nazis, the Japanese, the Communists, and now the Islamists. I think, finally, the American Indian has been given his fair dues. He didn't ask you to come. Isn't it time for the black man to be given the same? They weren't asked if they wanted to come.

An historic blunder of epic proportions.

BD8DDA49-B2F5-4F4A-9071-E99E203930CB_cx8_cy4_cw87_w987_r1_s_r1.jpg

Is that suppose to be a slave ship?

President Barack Obama, in his weekly address Saturday, talked about what he described as "the newest American icon on our National Mall - the National Museum of African American History and Culture."

Obama said the museum, which officially opens Saturday, "tells a story of America that hasn't always taken a front seat in our national narrative.

"As a people, we've rightfully passed on the tales of the giants who built this country," the president said. "But too often, willful or not, we've chosen to gloss over or ignore entirely the experience of millions upon millions of others.

"And so it is entirely fitting that we tell this story on our National Mall, the same place we tell the stories of Washington and Jefferson and our independence," Obama said.

On Friday, the president told a group of about 750 guests in the Grand Foyer of the White House, gathered to celebrate the museum's opening, that "The timing of this is fascinating."

The crowd, many of whom were African American, laughed and applauded at the understatement.

26C963AA-D798-4769-869C-C2C08DEB24D6_w610_r0_s.jpg

Negros holding their fists in the air, for not being treated properly at the 1968 Olympics as they were awarded medals.
C7BE82A0-0B7C-466B-A8F6-72E5A1C9C541_w610_r0_s.jpg

Shackles that were from at least 150 years ago. Since slavery ended 150 years ago in this country, they must be older than 150 years. Wow, talk about old. Slavery must be over in Africa. Right? Right?

3E69A9CB-958A-41C4-B475-20679652168B_w610_r0_s.jpg

Is that the woman that would not sit at the back of the bus? Whitey. I think they are allowed to sit at the front now. I think.

Obama Hails African American Museum as 'Newest American Icon”

Never forget everyone. Never forget. The blacks, who were traded here as slaves by the blacks in Africa were slaves.

Patronize patronize patronize.

This is an election year, right?

Are you going to visit the black victims of whitey museum in your lifetime? Can't wait. Yeeeeeah!!!!

I sure hope one day they get "equal treatment."
where are the solar panels and wind turbines?

what? blacks are good enough for green?

our tax money funding, yet another, racist business that caters to black people.

and they still demand reparations.

President Barack Obama, in his weekly address Saturday, talked about what he described as "the newest American icon on our National Mall - the National Museum of African American History and Culture."

Obama said the museum, which officially opens Saturday, "tells a story of America that hasn't always taken a front seat in our national narrative.

"As a people, we've rightfully passed on the tales of the giants who built this country," the president said. "But too often, willful or not, we've chosen to gloss over or ignore entirely the experience of millions upon millions of others.

"And so it is entirely fitting that we tell this story on our National Mall, the same place we tell the stories of Washington and Jefferson and our independence," Obama said.

On Friday, the president told a group of about 750 guests in the Grand Foyer of the White House, gathered to celebrate the museum's opening, that "The timing of this is fascinating."

The crowd, many of whom were African American, laughed and applauded at the understatement.

Negros holding their fists in the air, for not being treated properly at the 1968 Olympics as they were awarded medals.

Shackles that were from at least 150 years ago. Since slavery ended 150 years ago in this country, they must be older than 150 years. Wow, talk about old. Slavery must be over in Africa. Right? Right?

Is that the woman that would not sit at the back of the bus? Whitey. I think they are allowed to sit at the front now. I think.

Never forget everyone. Never forget. The blacks, who were traded here as slaves by the blacks in Africa were slaves.

Are you going to visit the black victims of whitey museum in your lifetime? Can't wait. Yeeeeeah!!!!

I'm still amazed that Democrats built their negros something that looks like a slave ship and they'll still not get the hint.

I'm still amazed that Democrats built their negros something that looks like a slave ship and they'll still not get the hint.
it doesn't look like any kind of ship, it does, however, come across as a prison

Why would they after 200 years?

it doesn't look like any kind of ship, it does, however, come across as a prison
Slave ship, prison, either way, they won't see the clear symbolism. Even Joe Biden with his "put you back in chains" reference didn't quite sink in. Democrats could come right out and announce how proud they are that they still managed to keep blacks chained up long after Republicans ended slavery and they'll still vote for Democrats in droves. It's sad, really.

Slave ship, prison, either way, they won't see the clear symbolism. Even Joe Biden with his "put you back in chains" reference didn't quite sink in. Democrats could come right out and announce how proud they are that they still managed to keep blacks chained up long after Republicans ended slavery and they'll still vote for Democrats in droves. It's sad, really.

The Party of Lincoln card expired 50 years ago......about the same time Republicans embraced southern racists as their own

The Party of Lincoln card expired 50 years ago......about the same time Republicans embraced southern racists as their own
Yeah, that never happened. Racism, bigotry, and slavery is a millstone around your neck. You can't escape from your racist, slave holding past.

Do they have an exhibit on the freed American slaves who went to Liberia, and promptly enslaved the locals and set up plantations?

Most of the abolitionists supported sending them back. They were more hardcore racists than your average southerner, especially Lincoln.

Most of the abolitionists supported sending them back. They were more hardcore racists than your average southerner, especially Lincoln.
Lincoln's sagacious observations that blacks are unfit for Western society never had a chance to gain ground because he was assassinated after the war. Statistics showing the rate at which blacks commit violent crime prove beyond all controversy that this country would have been more prosperous, and SAFER if blacks were sent back to their natural habitat like any wild animal.

Forum List

Back