All I've got to say is one thing, Hip Hip Hooray!

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
At the Lobster shack near my house, PEOPLE were out there setting up tables outside...which means it's getting ready to OPEN!!!!!!!!

$4.99 for a 1 lb lobster.....maybe even cheaper since it is not tourist season yet!!!!!

:eusa_angel:

At the Lobster shack near my house, PEOPLE were out there setting up tables outside...which means it's getting ready to OPEN!!!!!!!!

$4.99 for a 1 lb lobster.....maybe even cheaper since it is not tourist season yet!!!!!

:eusa_angel:

Wow..Good Luck with that, it seems impossible...:thup:

DARN.....they opened with $7.99 for a 1lb lobster......wayyyy too high....WHAT THE HECK? Sure hope it drops in price soon!

Last year, the local lobster shacks ran $3.99 a pound for most of the entire summer, sheesh....talk about inflation!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen the price of lobster so low (Rockport Mass, about 1989) that a take-out precooked lobster was actually cheaper than a take-out cooked hamburger.

DARN.....they opened with $7.99 for a 1lb lobster......wayyyy too high....WHAT THE HECK? Sure hope it drops in price soon!

Last year, the local lobster shacks ran $3.99 a pound for most of the entire summer, sheesh....talk about inflation!!!!!!!!!!!

That's because of obamacare.

I visited Maine once and lobsters were gushing out of every orifice in the state. Magical place. I have to eat my lobster at Red Lobster :(

When Europeans began to settle the New England area in earnest, lobster was so plentiful that workers often negotiated with land owners to make sure they would 'only' feed them lobster so many times per week while working. Farmers would bury them in their fields to act as fertilizers for crops. They were considered anything but a delicacy.

I visited Maine once and lobsters were gushing out of every orifice in the state. Magical place. I have to eat my lobster at Red Lobster :(

When Europeans began to settle the New England area in earnest, lobster was so plentiful that workers often negotiated with land owners to make sure they would 'only' feed them lobster so many times per week while working. Farmers would bury them in their fields to act as fertilizers for crops. They were considered anything but a delicacy.
so true! prisoners rioted and negotiated....they did not want to be served lobster more than 3 times a week!

Sort of like Sushi. Way back in the day it wasn't the gourmet experience it is today. Back when Tokyo was still called Edo it was just a snack people grabbed at outdoor stalls and scarfed down quickly before moving on.

Here in Maine people my age tell stories of their childhoods.

Back then if a kid brought lobster to school for lunch?

The other kids knew how POOR they were.

:eek:

Forum List

Back