All Mankind is Stupid and Devoid of Knowledge - Jeremiah 51:17

No kidding.

I like the New American Standard Version of Jeremiah 51:17 -
Every person is stupid, devoid of knowledge;
Every goldsmith is put to shame by his [a]idols,
For his cast metal images are deceitful,
And there is no breath in them.

Mortal men, globalists and pawns, yak about this and yak about that, only to be decomposing along the way, and finally end up in the morgue.

How non-enlightening, how mediocre, how lame, how terrestrial, how demonic, how pathetic, how temporary.

Try reading ALL of Jeremiah 51.
In the KJV

Doesn't matter which Bible you use.. Judah was crumbling. Jeremiah was warning them.

"The prophets did NOT speak to themselves, but unto US did they minister" - I Peter 1:12
That verse is shocking to surada - it makes all the prophets present tense - but of course, he would need a spiritual mind to discern it.

Most prophecy was written after the fact. Actually ALL accurate prophecy is written after the fact. They were spiritul people and sort of the conscience of the community , but they weren't fortune tellers.

All mankind is stupid and devoid of knowledge -
which is - "and NOW there are MANY antichrists".

Which is the masses in the "Wide Gate to Death" - Matthew 7:13

Admit it surada, you're in the Wide Gate to Death with all the other decomposing antichrist's.

You are ignorant and insulting.

The animated corpse speaketh

There were schools for prophets from the time of King Saul. They were keen observers and often warned the Jews about falling away .. Like a town crier they warned about consequences of certain behaviors. Scripture was redacted and amended many times.... particularly during the time of king Omri.
True, prophecy of the Old Covenant scarcely prognosticated distant futures; historically, people altered their behavior because prophecy was conditional in the present, as Jeremiah explains:

If at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom, that I will pluck up and break down and destroy it, and if that nation, concerning which I have spoken, turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I intended to do to it. And if at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom that I will build and plant it, and if it does evil in my sight, not listening to my voice, then I will relent of the good that I had intended to do to it. (Jer 18:7-10)​

I would take issue with all prophecy being written after the fact, though. Prophecies of old concerning God’s kingdom and final judgment were just about the only prophecies regarding anything remotely futuristic. Malachi, for one, seemed to hit the nail on the head (4:1), and others alluded to Israel's demise in some indirect way.

Maybe they were just visionary, as some might claim. As a believer, I tend to think they had some connection to God. Somebody must have - the more righteous prophets and priests, certainly. Otherwise, perhaps David would not have lamented that none was righteous, but rather that none at all was righteous.

Malachi 4:1 is about Judgment and Covenant Renewal ..

excerpt:

The context of Malachi

At the time of Malachi’s writing, the spiritual condition of the people was deplorable and wretched. Some had wanted to scale back on their worship of God. Others were highly skeptical of the worth of worshipping at all.

As you read through Malachi, you will be struck by the prevalent sins of the day: adultery, lying, oppression of the poor, ungodly marriages, stealing God’s tithes and offerings, sacrifices that were inferior, a lax priesthood and so on.

Malachi prophesied to a nation that had reached a low spiritual condition. They had a casual approach to the worship of God, and the priests were responsible for not giving proper spiritual direction and guidance.

An important aspect of the book is the people’s failure to recognize God’s love for them (1:2). Instead they became indifferent and calloused in seeking God, and they were unwilling to heed the dire warnings and predictions.

There was a spirit of confrontation and argumentation between the people and God, including God’s messengers. Their spiritual laxity bred a defiant, contentious attitude that would lead to their destruction unless repented of (4:6).

No kidding.

Mortal men, globalists and pawns, yak about this and yak about that, only to be decomposing along the way, and finally end up in the morgue.

How non-enlightening, how mediocre, how lame, how terrestrial, how demonic, how pathetic, how temporary.

Try reading ALL of Jeremiah 51.
In the KJV

Doesn't matter which Bible you use.. Judah was crumbling. Jeremiah was warning them.

"The prophets did NOT speak to themselves, but unto US did they minister" - I Peter 1:12
That verse is shocking to surada - it makes all the prophets present tense - but of course, he would need a spiritual mind to discern it.

Most prophecy was written after the fact. Actually ALL accurate prophecy is written after the fact. They were spiritul people and sort of the conscience of the community , but they weren't fortune tellers.

All mankind is stupid and devoid of knowledge -
which is - "and NOW there are MANY antichrists".

Which is the masses in the "Wide Gate to Death" - Matthew 7:13

Admit it surada, you're in the Wide Gate to Death with all the other decomposing antichrist's.

You are ignorant and insulting.

The animated corpse speaketh

There were schools for prophets from the time of King Saul. They were keen observers and often warned the Jews about falling away .. Like a town crier they warned about consequences of certain behaviors. Scripture was redacted and amended many times.... particularly during the time of king Omri.
True, prophecy of the Old Covenant scarcely prognosticated distant futures; historically, people altered their behavior because prophecy was conditional in the present, as Jeremiah explains:

If at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom, that I will pluck up and break down and destroy it, and if that nation, concerning which I have spoken, turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I intended to do to it. And if at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom that I will build and plant it, and if it does evil in my sight, not listening to my voice, then I will relent of the good that I had intended to do to it. (Jer 18:7-10)

I would take issue with all prophecy being written after the fact, though. Prophecies of old concerning God’s kingdom and final judgment were just about the only prophecies regarding anything remotely futuristic. Malachi, for one, seemed to hit the nail on the head (4:1), and others alluded to Israel's demise in some indirect way.

Maybe they were just visionary, as some might claim. As a believer, I tend to think they had some connection to God. Somebody must have - the more righteous prophets and priests, certainly. Otherwise, perhaps David would not have lamented that none was righteous, but rather that none at all was righteous.

Malachi 4:1 is about Judgment and Covenant Renewal ..
Yes, and that's what the entire New Testament is about. The Jewish theocracy burned up in a fire, the nation cut down root and branch. Jesus said his disciples would move that mountain, and they did.

Before that terrible day of the Lord is also when the gospels say Elijah came (cf Mal 4:5).

You may think Malachi thought in terms of the present, and maybe so, but the Baptist and the Christ link those prophecies to their own generation, and I put a lot of stock in the New Testament.

No kidding.

The Book of Jeremiah combines history, biography, and prophecy. It portrays a nation in crisis and introduces the reader to an extraordinary person whom the Lord called to prophesy under the trying circumstances of the final days of the kingdom of Judah. Jeremiah was born, perhaps about 650 B.C., of a priestly family from the village of Anathoth, two and a half miles northeast of Jerusalem. He was called to his task in the thirteenth year of King Josiah (Jer 1:2). Josiah’s reform, begun with enthusiasm and hope, ended with his death on the battlefield of Megiddo (609 B.C.) as he attempted to stop the northward march of the Egyptian Pharaoh Neco, who was going to provide assistance to the Assyrians who were in retreat before the Babylonians.

Nineveh, the capital of Assyria, fell in 612 B.C., preparing the way for the new colossus, Babylon, which was soon to put an end to the independence of Judah.

The prophet supported the reform of King Josiah (2 Kgs 22–23), but after the death of Josiah the old idolatry returned. Jeremiah opposed this as well as royal policy toward Babylon. Arrest, imprisonment, and public disgrace were his lot. In the nation’s apostasy Jeremiah saw the sealing of its doom. Nebuchadnezzar captured Jerusalem (598 B.C.) and carried King Jehoiachin into exile (Jer 22:24).

During the years 598–587, Jeremiah counseled Zedekiah in the face of bitter opposition. The false prophet Hananiah proclaimed that the yoke of Babylon was broken and a strong pro-Egyptian party in Jerusalem induced Zedekiah to revolt. Nebuchadnezzar took swift vengeance; Jerusalem was destroyed in 587 and its leading citizens sent into exile.

The prophet remained in Jerusalem, but was later forced into Egyptian exile. We do not know the details of his death. The influence of Jeremiah was greater after his death than before. The exiled community read and meditated on the lessons of the prophet; his influence is evident in Ezekiel, some of the psalms, Is 40–66, and Daniel. In the postexilic period, the Book of Jeremiah circulated in various editions.

1621988980867.png

Successful behaviors naturally lead to success just as failed behaviors naturally lead to failure.

No kidding.

The Book of Jeremiah combines history, biography, and prophecy. It portrays a nation in crisis and introduces the reader to an extraordinary person whom the Lord called to prophesy under the trying circumstances of the final days of the kingdom of Judah. Jeremiah was born, perhaps about 650 B.C., of a priestly family from the village of Anathoth, two and a half miles northeast of Jerusalem. He was called to his task in the thirteenth year of King Josiah (Jer 1:2). Josiah’s reform, begun with enthusiasm and hope, ended with his death on the battlefield of Megiddo (609 B.C.) as he attempted to stop the northward march of the Egyptian Pharaoh Neco, who was going to provide assistance to the Assyrians who were in retreat before the Babylonians.

Nineveh, the capital of Assyria, fell in 612 B.C., preparing the way for the new colossus, Babylon, which was soon to put an end to the independence of Judah.

The prophet supported the reform of King Josiah (2 Kgs 22–23), but after the death of Josiah the old idolatry returned. Jeremiah opposed this as well as royal policy toward Babylon. Arrest, imprisonment, and public disgrace were his lot. In the nation’s apostasy Jeremiah saw the sealing of its doom. Nebuchadnezzar captured Jerusalem (598 B.C.) and carried King Jehoiachin into exile (Jer 22:24).

During the years 598–587, Jeremiah counseled Zedekiah in the face of bitter opposition. The false prophet Hananiah proclaimed that the yoke of Babylon was broken and a strong pro-Egyptian party in Jerusalem induced Zedekiah to revolt. Nebuchadnezzar took swift vengeance; Jerusalem was destroyed in 587 and its leading citizens sent into exile.

The prophet remained in Jerusalem, but was later forced into Egyptian exile. We do not know the details of his death. The influence of Jeremiah was greater after his death than before. The exiled community read and meditated on the lessons of the prophet; his influence is evident in Ezekiel, some of the psalms, Is 40–66, and Daniel. In the postexilic period, the Book of Jeremiah circulated in various editions.

View attachment 493698

Successful behaviors naturally lead to success just as failed behaviors naturally lead to failure.

Jeremiah is writing about Cyrus the Great and how he would restore the Jews to Jerusalem out of exile in Babylon.

Forum List

Back