All you need to do is show Dershowitz in 1998 to quiet him

well according to the impeachment rules, it must be 'other' to high crimes and misdemeanors. Abuse of power isn't a crime. so they failed. Supposed Penelope could offer up the statute abuse of powers is.

Withholding aid to Ukraine is a crime as is attempting to blackmail the Ukrainian government for personal political gain. Obstruction of Justice by obstructing a Congressional investigation is also a crime.

The idea that Trump committed no crimes is a joke.
withholding aid is a crime? cite the statute.

Name the crime in the articles?

The GAO issued a report stating that it was a crime.
who are they? it was an opinion. still waiting for the criminal statute.

If you think I'm going to waste my time looking up legal statutes you stupider than even i thought.

If you don't believe the GAO or that obstruction of justice is not a crime, your even stupider than that!

I have better things to do than argue with an idiot.
the fact you believe it is all anyone needs. too fking funny. The GAO works for the House. too fking funny. They said it was an opinion. The fact you don't wish to waste your time is my evidence you got nothing as usual. Point, counter point. No such thing as Point and fk you to the rest. Not in our country. but you're too fking lazy to look that up too I bet.

Withholding aid to Ukraine is a crime as is attempting to blackmail the Ukrainian government for personal political gain. Obstruction of Justice by obstructing a Congressional investigation is also a crime.

If you think I'm going to waste my time looking up legal statutes you stupider than even i thought.

If you don't believe the GAO or that obstruction of justice is not a crime, your even stupider than that!

shoot em in the head with reality is wasting bullets -
you fire blanks, you have no reality. Just know that. you got nothing. not one mthr fking fact, not one. I challenge you to post one fking fact. Ready? or will you decline as well and submit to my facts.

What’s your point ? Trump hasn’t abused anything.. he was taking about abuse Joe Biden’s Brother Bagged $54,000,000 in Taxpayer Loans

This is not about Joe Biden or his brother, we are having a trial on tramps impeachment, because he was impeached by the House.
Most certainly is about Joe Biden. The phone call was about Biden. If Biden is corrupt, then the President was justified in holding the money.
he was justified in holding the money because he can. Commander in Chief.

the fact you believe it is all anyone needs. too fking funny. The GAO works for the House. too fking funny. They said it was an opinion. The fact you don't wish to waste your time is my evidence you got nothing as usual. Point, counter point. No such thing as Point and fk you to the rest. Not in our country. but you're too fking lazy to look that up too I bet.
Again, no crime was necessary...

"It certainly doesn't have to be a crime. If you have somebody who completely corrupts the office of president and who abuses trust and who poses great danger to our liberty, you don't need a technical crime." ~ Alan Dershowitz

“You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic, if this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role.” ~ Lindsey Graham

well according to the impeachment rules, it must be 'other' to high crimes and misdemeanors. Abuse of power isn't a crime. so they failed. Supposed Penelope could offer up the statute abuse of powers is.

Obstruction is a crime. How can one obstruct his equal?

What’s your point ? Trump hasn’t abused anything.. he was taking about abuse Joe Biden’s Brother Bagged $54,000,000 in Taxpayer Loans

This is not about Joe Biden or his brother, we are having a trial on tramps impeachment, because he was impeached by the House.
Most certainly is about Joe Biden. The phone call was about Biden. If Biden is corrupt, then the President was justified in holding the money.
LOL

Now if you could only prove Biden was corrupt.

the senate has the power to call whoever they want !! they could subpoena Obama if they want to .

If they wanted to I'd cheer. But I'd be very surprised if McConnell would be that dumb to subpoena Pres. Obama.
why would he want to subpoena Obama ?? the point i was making is the majority dems in the house had total control over the articles to impeach the president and now and now the senate has total power over the trial ! dems dont get to control or dictate the senate trial because they are not the majority ! republicans should be just as partisan and one sided in the senate as the dems were in the house .

We will see how this all plays out. If McConnell prevails there will be no trial. Even if the Chief Justice decides that Witnesses are to be called, and documents requested from the White House must be delivered, the Senate Majority can vote to overrule him.

I expect this to happen, trump will not be acquitted or found guilty as no trial will take place.

But be assured no one will be fooled who is not already a fool, that trump has obstructed justice and has abused the power of the presidency.

the senate has the power to call whoever they want !! they could subpoena Obama if they want to .

If they wanted to I'd cheer. But I'd be very surprised if McConnell would be that dumb to subpoena Pres. Obama.
why would he want to subpoena Obama ?? the point i was making is the majority dems in the house had total control over the articles to impeach the president and now and now the senate has total power over the trial ! dems dont get to control or dictate the senate trial because they are not the majority ! republicans should be just as partisan and one sided in the senate as the dems were in the house .

We will see how this all plays out. If McConnell prevails there will be no trial. Even if the Chief Justice decides that Witnesses are to be called, and documents requested from the White House must be delivered, the Senate Majority can vote to overrule him.

I expect this to happen, trump will not be acquitted or found guilty as no trial will take place.

But be assured no one will be fooled who is not already a fool, that trump has obstructed justice and has abused the power of the presidency.
Chief justice can't decide anything.

LOL

If you don’t think he is your prob going to be Nonexistent in 2021

Another moronic post. Of course the Chief Justice, presiding over this trial, can render decisions. The Aenate can overrule him if they wish, but he can certainly render decisions.

LOL

Try again in coherent English, comrade. Maybe find a better translator.

LOL

I wouldn’t worry about it lol haha

A read of Art I, sec. 3, clause 6: "When the President of The United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside".

Once again, this needs to be parsed as are many parts of COTUS. However, preside is defined as to be in the position of authority in a meeting or other gathering.

LOL

At least you admit your posts are insignificant.

Now then, about Dershowitz's flip-flop...

Dershowitz then...

"It certainly doesn't have to be a crime. If you have somebody who completely corrupts the office of president and who abuses trust and who poses great danger to our liberty, you don't need a technical crime."

Dershowitz now...

"I will be paraphrasing the successful argument made by Justice Benjamin Curtis in the trial of Andrew Johnson back in the 1860's where he argued that the Framer's intended for impeachable conduct only to be criminal like conduct or conduct that is prohibited by the criminal law."

A read of Art I, sec. 3, clause 6: "When the President of The United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside".

Once again, this needs to be parsed as are many parts of COTUS. However, preside is defined as to be in the position of authority in a meeting or other gathering.
Yet the Senate can override any ruling by Roberts with 51 votes.

LOL

At least you admit your posts are insignificant.

Now then, about Dershowitz's flip-flop...

Dershowitz then...

"It certainly doesn't have to be a crime. If you have somebody who completely corrupts the office of president and who abuses trust and who poses great danger to our liberty, you don't need a technical crime."

Dershowitz now...

"I will be paraphrasing the successful argument made by Justice Benjamin Curtis in the trial of Andrew Johnson back in the 1860's where he argued that the Framer's intended for impeachable conduct only to be criminal like conduct or conduct that is prohibited by the criminal law."
What did he say last nite?

he presides, he isn't a judge. He replaces the VP as presiding officer. He can't say shit unless asked to provide clarification.

The role of the chief justice in an impeachment trial - SCOTUSblog

Yep, and each Senator will be judged by their vote.

Forum List

Back