All you Tax reduction haters(i.e. Trumphaters!)... How is this possible???

The federal government collected record total tax revenues of $470,706,000,000 in October and November, the first two months of fiscal 2020, according to the Monthly Treasury Statement released today.

Corporation income taxes, Social Security payroll taxes, and customs duties were all up in the first two months of this fiscal year compared to last fiscal year, but estate and gift taxes and unemployment insurance taxes were down.

Feds Collect Record Taxes Through November; But Still Run $343.3 Billion Deficit With Second-Highest Spending in Nation's History

hmmm...
Let's see Trump reduced taxes BUT revenue goes up and unemployment taxes go down!
Wait a minute... that must mean....More people are working paying SS taxes and less people are unemployed meaning lower unemployment taxes....
SOMETHING is truly wrong here! Please correct me if I'm wrong!

What's the over/under on whether or not our resident fiscal geniuses g5000 Mac1958 and Golfing Gator will participate in this thread?

I hope you bet on me, as you know I will never pass up a chance to school you.

Revenue going up is nothing new, even after tax cuts. Only 7 times since 1960 has the US had less tax revenue year to year, and most of those were during a recession. It is the result of more people in the tax paying pool each and every year.

Now, Trump managed to have less revenue year to year for the first 12 months that the tax cuts were in effect, a unique feat in a booming economy.

What tax cuts do is slow revenue growth, thus adding to the deficit.

For example, the 5 FYs prior to the tax cut, revenue increased at an average rate of 17.4% per year. The first FY of Trump's tax cut revenue increase 1%, and that was only because 3 months were under the old tax rates.

Same thing happened with Bush II...the 5 years prior to his tax cuts revenue grew at an average of 10.8% per year. The 5 years after it grew at 2.4% per year.

Same thing with Reagan...6.02% the 5 year prior and 4.85% the 5 years after.

Tax cuts never increase the growth of revenue...that is why tax cuts should always be accompanied by corresponding spending cuts. But sadly since we have not had a Conservative president in more than 90 years, that has never happened.

All guess... NO Links. No substantiation. Do you really believe any would believe your wild ass opinions.
Please provide PROOF!!!

Who Really Pays Uncle Sam's Bills?

Here is the link. Feel free to do that math and see if I am right. I will be waiting.

The federal government collected record total tax revenues of $470,706,000,000 in October and November, the first two months of fiscal 2020, according to the Monthly Treasury Statement released today.

Corporation income taxes, Social Security payroll taxes, and customs duties were all up in the first two months of this fiscal year compared to last fiscal year, but estate and gift taxes and unemployment insurance taxes were down.

Feds Collect Record Taxes Through November; But Still Run $343.3 Billion Deficit With Second-Highest Spending in Nation's History

hmmm...
Let's see Trump reduced taxes BUT revenue goes up and unemployment taxes go down!
Wait a minute... that must mean....More people are working paying SS taxes and less people are unemployed meaning lower unemployment taxes....

The fact that you have to brag about revenue growth finally, 23 months after the tax cuts went into effect should tell you all you need to know.

You are wrong, revenue went up as far slower rate than before the tax cuts...17 times faster in fact.

Please provide your facts regarding 17 times... I don't believe your subjective opinion.

Here are the last 6 years.

upload_2019-12-12_18-54-35.png

That is a growth rate of 32%, 25%, 23%, 2% and 5% or an average of 17.4%.

The FY after the tax cut taxes grew at 1%... thus the revenue previous 5 years grew 17 times faster than the first year of the tax cuts.

hmmm...

The fact that you have to brag about revenue growth finally, 23 months after the tax cuts went into effect should tell you all you need to know.

You are wrong, revenue went up as far slower rate than before the tax cuts...17 times faster in fact.

Please provide your facts regarding 17 times... I don't believe your subjective opinion.

View attachment 294481

The FY after the tax cut taxes grew at 1%... thus the revenue previous 5 years grew 17 times faster than the first year of the tax cuts.
Um, hate to break this to ya.....but you REALLY suck at math.

hmmm...

View attachment 294481

That is pretty funny.

Luckily for me my boss and clients do not agree with your stupidity.

hmmm...

View attachment 294481

That is pretty funny.

You claim a growth rate of 32% when the revenues were $2.77 Trillion in 2013.

That would mean the revenue would have to be $3.65 Trillion for 2014.

Extrapolating out your numbers would put revenues in 2017 at about $5.7 Trillion.

Like I said, you suck at math.

Dem's in Dem states are busy raising taxes to steal the Trump tax cuts and economic windfall. Dem's in Oregon just slammed local businesses with $1 Billion in gross receipts taxes. Gross, as in if a business only earned a modest profit Dem's are taking 100% of their money. If a business lost money, too bad they still have to pay the new tax.

View attachment 294481

That is pretty funny.

Extrapolating out your numbers would put revenues in 2017 at about $5.7 Trillion.

Well shoot, you are correct. I forgot the final line of the calculation. That should have been 13.06% not 32%. I stand correct. I got ahead of myself.

So, the 5 years before the Trump tax cuts, revenue grew this much...

1.53%
0.62%
7.62%
9.03%
13.06%

An average of 13.06.
But I was also off on the growth for FY18 which was only 0.3%. So, the 5 years before the Trump tax cuts revenue grew 21 times faster, not 17.

Thanks for the catch.

Which also means the difference before and after the Bush tax cuts was 8.29% average growth before and 1.53% after

View attachment 294481

That is pretty funny.

Well shoot, you are correct. I forgot the final line of the calculation. That should have been 13.06% not 32%. I stand correct. I got ahead of myself.

So, the 5 years before the Trump tax cuts, revenue grew this much...

1.53%
0.62%
7.62%
9.03%
13.06%

An average of 13.06.
But I was also off on the growth for FY18 which was only 0.3%. So, the 5 years before the Trump tax cuts revenue grew 21 times faster, not 17.

Thanks for the catch.

Which also means the difference before and after the Bush tax cuts was 8.29% average growth before and 1.53% after

The avg of:

Is 13.06?

You really, REALLY suck at math.

I suggest you never make another post on this board that contains any numbers.

And we were talking about the Trump tax cuts, not the Bush tax cuts.

Holy cow!

The avg of:

Is 13.06?

Holy cow!

Sorry for the typo...to many screens open at once.

It is 6.37 which is 21 times what it grew in FY18.

I spoke of the Bush and Reagan tax cuts in my first post because someone up the thread talked about them.

hmmm...

View attachment 294481

That is pretty funny.

I really hope by “clients” you mean people coming thru the drive thru.

The avg of:

Is 13.06?

Holy cow!

I spoke of the Bush and Reagan tax cuts in my first post because someone up the thread talked about them.
Typo?

Nice try.:5_1_12024:

The avg of:

Is 13.06?

Holy cow!

Typo?

Nice try.:5_1_12024:

Yeah, typo...

the two numbers were right next to each other on my spreadsheet and I typed the wrong one. As I said, sort of distracted here.

upload_2019-12-12_20-47-40.png

View attachment 294481

That is pretty funny.

Do not flatter yourself. If you pay me 40 bucks an hour and I will pay much closer attention to you as well.

Till then you get split attention!

View attachment 294481

That is pretty funny.

Do not flatter yourself. If you pay me 40 bucks an hour and I will pay much closer attention to you as well.

You couldn’t get $40 an hour on your knees.

View attachment 294481

That is pretty funny.

That is true I could not. Not really my thing.

I leave that up to you Trump worshipers.

hmmm...

It's just the beginning....just watch what happens when the compound
Momentum kicks in.

Jo

So, as I said, every tax break has to be offset by raising tax rates. If you don't, then you have to borrow.

Simple fact. This is basic math! Math which obviously escapes the intellectual ken of the rube herd, which is exactly what Trump and the GOP count on.

You're doing a great job of playing along with stealing from yourselves and your children and grandchildren, rubes! :lol:

Wrong again. As always. Simple FACT. When taxes get lowered and businesses hire, more people pay income taxes, as well as other taxes since they now have money to spend, leading to MORE revenue. Which escapes retarded morons like you. Having more money in my pocket (which is mine to begin with) is stealing now. Then again, you’re still unemployed and still blaming Trump, so.......

hmmm...

Fake news! Untrustworthy far right source!
  • Overall, we rate CNS News Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, promotion of propaganda and numerous failed fact checks.
CNS News - Media Bias/Fact Check

Last edited:

That is pretty funny.

That is true I could not. Not really my thing.

I leave that up to you Trump worshipers.

I personally can't stand Trump! I don't like braggarts. I don't like his tweeting. I totally understand him though.
He like me loves America. He like me loves his family. He like me totally respects law enforcement.
He is a businessman FIRST though. A boss. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had bosses like Trump...pushy, braggarts, etc.
YET they get things done as has Trump!
For too many years we've had "politically correct" Presidents.. Afraid to step on any toes. And look where it got us!
Under Trump though...
The U.S. labor force in 2019 was 164,404,000 total employed... 158,593,000 unemployed 5,811,000 unemployment rate 3.5%
The U.S. labor force in 1978 was 100,873,000 total employed... 94,384,000 unemployed 6,484,000 unemployment rate 6.4%
Increases...people in labor force 63,873,000 more people 64,209,000 - 673,000 82% decrease in unemployment rate while a 62% increase in total labor force!
United States Labor Force Statistics - Seasonally Adjusted
So think about this:
There are 62% MORE people total employed under Trump even while the unemployed total is less than 1978 of 6.4% at a rate of 3.5%!
So please again... I personally don't like Trump's Queens' NY personality! I know that personality as I lived in NY for awhile and saw
stereotypes like that predominately in Queens. BUT those people like Trump love their country, family and law enforcement and even though
they are bossy, pushy, loud, etc...i.e. Trump... they get things done! As does Trump!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back