Almost half of Americans work in low paid jobs

bezos.jpg

~S~

Growth is slow and we have trillion dollar deficits. It's a credit card economy. By comparison the Clinton economy was much stronger and he balanced the budget. We are on the road to ruin.

That's because it's what the MSM tells you. But the MSM is out to try and destroy this economy. They've been telling us since the day Trump entered the White House that we are doomed. Three years later, never been better. We have more jobs than Americans to work them. When was the last time that happened? And oh......check out the record holiday internet sales this year. And don't tell me it's credit card sales, because it's always been for Christmas.
It's been a lot better actually. Again, slow growth and trillion dollar deficits. That's is straight awful. We have a president constantly manipulating the stock market with tweets. We are not in a good way.

Nobody's tweets can affect the stock market. Most don't even pay attention to what Trump says tweeting. They pay attention to what he's doing like lowering taxes, challenging our trading partners, and removing business regulations. That's what they are paying attention to.

But that begs the question: given that we have 1.5 million more jobs than Americans to do them, how much more growth would you like to see?
Yes
They are paying attention to unnecessary trade wars, destabilized alliances and allowing business to ignore environmental and labor regulations

Oh quit already. None of that is happening. The environment is just as good today as it was ten years ago, no labor regulations have been removed. It's all leftist scare tactics.
You are the one not paying attention
Trump doesn’t repeal environmental and labor laws.....he just doesn’t enforce them

I would not call the $500 billion that china profits from trade with America nothing

And it means fewer jobs for American workers

ahem>>>

hqdefault.jpg

walmart-low-wages.jpg

~S~

I love that moronic $6.2 billion claim. Hilarious!!!
How much do we pay to provide food, housing and healthcare support to Walmart employees?

Keep voting Republican, and perhaps with strong enough support, we could make slashes in those programs.

I would not call the $500 billion that china profits from trade with America nothing

ahem>>>

hqdefault.jpg

walmart-low-wages.jpg

~S~

How much do we pay to provide food, housing and healthcare support to Walmart employees?
Just goes to show you how easy it is for people to get welfare

If you have a job you don't need welfare

That's because it's what the MSM tells you. But the MSM is out to try and destroy this economy. They've been telling us since the day Trump entered the White House that we are doomed. Three years later, never been better. We have more jobs than Americans to work them. When was the last time that happened? And oh......check out the record holiday internet sales this year. And don't tell me it's credit card sales, because it's always been for Christmas.
It's been a lot better actually. Again, slow growth and trillion dollar deficits. That's is straight awful. We have a president constantly manipulating the stock market with tweets. We are not in a good way.

Nobody's tweets can affect the stock market. Most don't even pay attention to what Trump says tweeting. They pay attention to what he's doing like lowering taxes, challenging our trading partners, and removing business regulations. That's what they are paying attention to.

But that begs the question: given that we have 1.5 million more jobs than Americans to do them, how much more growth would you like to see?
Yes
They are paying attention to unnecessary trade wars, destabilized alliances and allowing business to ignore environmental and labor regulations

Oh quit already. None of that is happening. The environment is just as good today as it was ten years ago, no labor regulations have been removed. It's all leftist scare tactics.
Trump doesn’t repeal environmental and labor laws.....he just doesn’t enforce them

He doesn't? So how many did DumBama enforce? Do you really think it's the job of a United States President to run around and make sure people follow our laws?

Sure they can, but how many actually do? The point being that union bosses are extremely well paid, and probably don't have a quarter of education and experience that a CEO does. But you people on the left never complain about pay with your own people.

Let me ask: Do you think it's proper that a star pitcher make 6 million a year, while the beer vendor makes ten bucks an hour, or the popcorn man, or the parking lot attendant? Do you think it's fair when the baseball team owner makes more than all of them combined?

I was a fan of the show Big Bang Theory. So I looked up some information about the cast. Turns out the star actors and actresses on that show earned a million dollars an episode. Plus they get other residuals such as rerun money on other networks. How much work goes into making a half-hour show when you exclude commercials? They work about ten minutes an episode each.

So how much is the lighting crew paid, the hair dressers, the makeup artists, the stage crew?

But you people on the left have no problem going to a basketball game or movie. Those are multi-millionaire you approve of.
And they get workers better pay and don’t ship jobs off to China. So awful.

Who gets better pay? The point is that everybody gets paid what they are worth, not based on what the main players make. You complain about Chinese made products, but I'm willing to bet you would never pay $3,000 for a flat screen television made in the US compared to a similar television made overseas for $1,200.

Producers only produce products Americans want, and we as the American consumers demand cheap products, regardless where they are made, or even the quality of the item.

When you and all those people at Walmart demand better made US products, that's when you'll see them on the shelves. Until that time, you can't complain about workers wages and then run out to Target and buy a 50 foot string of Christmas lights for eight bucks because it's made in India.
Products made on America will cost more

But not $3000 for a flatscreen tv

My figures may not be accurate, but it still points to the problem we have in this country. I bought an iPhone X last year. I paid about a thousand bucks for it.

How Much Would a 'Made in America' iPhone Cost? Too Much. | Mark J. Perry
I dont how much more the made in America iPhone would cost

But the difference would go to American workers and boost the American economy at the expense of china

According the article I posted, it would cost twice as much, in the $2,000 range.

Yes

That was obamas immigration policy in a nutshell

ahem>>>

hqdefault.jpg

walmart-low-wages.jpg

~S~

Keep voting Republican, and perhaps with strong enough support, we could make slashes in those programs.

How else are you going to fund tax cuts for billionaires?

And they get workers better pay and don’t ship jobs off to China. So awful.

Who gets better pay? The point is that everybody gets paid what they are worth, not based on what the main players make. You complain about Chinese made products, but I'm willing to bet you would never pay $3,000 for a flat screen television made in the US compared to a similar television made overseas for $1,200.

Producers only produce products Americans want, and we as the American consumers demand cheap products, regardless where they are made, or even the quality of the item.

When you and all those people at Walmart demand better made US products, that's when you'll see them on the shelves. Until that time, you can't complain about workers wages and then run out to Target and buy a 50 foot string of Christmas lights for eight bucks because it's made in India.

My figures may not be accurate, but it still points to the problem we have in this country. I bought an iPhone X last year. I paid about a thousand bucks for it.

But the difference would go to American workers and boost the American economy at the expense of china

According the article I posted, it would cost twice as much, in the $2,000 range.
Which was an estimate made by who?

Shows how hollow the Trump economy is

Almost half of Americans work in low-wage jobs

America's unemployment rate is at a half-century low, but it also has a job-quality problem that affects nearly half the population, with a study finding 44% of U.S. workers are employed in low-wage jobs that pay median annual wages of $18,000.

Contrary to popular opinion, these workers aren't teenagers or young adults just starting their careers,
When people inform you that "half the country does not pay taxes" what does that tell you? Have you ever stopped to consider the implications of such a statement?

You act as if you are either surprised by this information, or you are hoping to get a "Gotcha" on an internet forum without regard to the situation these people find themselves.

My instinct is to go with the latter.

On the bright side of this, mobility in the United States is second to no nation on the planet.

America's unemployment rate is at a half-century low, but it also has a job-quality problem that affects nearly half the population, with a study finding 44% of U.S. workers are employed in low-wage jobs that pay median annual wages of $18,000.

Contrary to popular opinion, these workers aren't teenagers or young adults just starting their careers,
When people inform you that "half the country does not pay taxes" what does that tell you? Have you ever stopped to consider the implications of such a statement?

You act as if you are either surprised by this information, or you are hoping to get a "Gotcha" on an internet forum without regard to the situation these people find themselves.

On the bright side of this, mobility in the United States is second to no nation on the planet.

When you say "mobility in the United States is second to no nation on the planet"...what sort of mobility are you speaking of?

When you say "mobility in the United States is second to no nation on the planet"...what sort of mobility are you speaking of?
Really? So, we are discussing the economic situations of people. Figure it out.

ahem>>>

hqdefault.jpg

walmart-low-wages.jpg

~S~

How else are you going to fund tax cuts for billionaires?

You don't "fund" anything by taking less away from people.

Really? So, we are discussing the economic situations of people. Figure it out.

Just trying to clarify. If you are speaking of social mobility, then you could not be more wrong.

Americans overestimate social mobility in their country

ahem>>>

hqdefault.jpg

walmart-low-wages.jpg

~S~

I wonder why your black messiah from Chicago, Hawaii, Indonesia, and Kenya didn’t fix this.

Which was an estimate made by who?

The hyperlink takes you to Marketplace where the study was done.

How much would an all-American iPhone cost? - Marketplace

Forum List

Back