Almost half of Americans work in low paid jobs

[

China is not the enemy of Capitalism, they are becoming more and more capitalist all the time. The plan for dominance revolves around Capitalism. They are investing in future customers and suppliers as we pull back behind our all and our tariffs. We are letting them take our spot as the world leading in trade and commerce.

Chinese troll said WHAT? :eek:

What a fucking idiot.

:itsok:

I am sorry that you lack the IQ to see beyond the party talking points. But I cannot help the willfully ignorant.

I see that you're a Chinese troll.

And that explains everything about you.

Back in the day when America was great, GM (with all those nasty union jobs) was the largest employer. Dad made enough money to have a stay at home wife to look after things.

Nowadays it’s Wal Mart with all those wonderful high paying retail jobs.

So what was life like, Comrade? 800 square foot house? No air conditioning. 1 car if you were lucky. One black and white 19 inch TV. Hot dogs and hamburger helper for most dinners. Maybe go out to eat twice a year. If you want a drink, get it from the hose, no soda and sure the fuck no Red Bull. Hang the wash in the back yard, couldn't afford a dryer.
Even then I'm skeptical - for example, it's a myth that "Leave it to Beaver" represented the average American family, or ironically that there was anything repressive about it.

From a consumerist perspective, it was a fairly well-to-do upper middle class family, who men and women on TV envied - like Beverly Hills 90210, or "Desparate Housewives".

That's definitely not to say that "consumerism" is the be all end all of male or female achievement, but that's essentially what it was, a woman having the luxury of being able to stay home full time if she wanted to depended partly on having a decent income, or a husband with one - wheras poorer or less educated women, or those who couldn't marry a wealthier or more educated husband, would have been more or less forced to perform menial work, whether at home or else where.

To some extent, I've read this is always been a historical norm, much as even today, women of very high education or achievement are a minority, mass media primarily being misinformation designed to sell products to the uneducated and immoral, not to aid people - a more ambitious woman, whether today or in the era of Marie Curie never would have bothered with any of the silliness and fatuity on the media, and probably laughed at the idea that people really believe that stuff to begin with.

Back in the day when America was great, GM (with all those nasty union jobs) was the largest employer. Dad made enough money to have a stay at home wife to look after things.

Nowadays it’s Wal Mart with all those “wonderful” retail jobs with their cooley wages.
What do you think caused this economic change?

I'm no economist, but I heard that the US received a large economic boom following WWII, which in some form or another is responsible for the mass consumerism we have today compared to the 1950s and before.

I don't buy into over romanticism of the past, but this seems to be a factor in economic cycles - the US went through a similar consumerist boom in the Roaring 20s.

People could EASILY live a 1950's lifestyle on one income. People simply will not live that lifestyle anymore. One land line for the house? :eek: Nope, each child has a $1,200 iPhone..
Supposedly people lived more "within their means", this may be an exaggeration, but I believe it is true in part.

[

China is not the enemy of Capitalism, they are becoming more and more capitalist all the time. The plan for dominance revolves around Capitalism. They are investing in future customers and suppliers as we pull back behind our all and our tariffs. We are letting them take our spot as the world leading in trade and commerce.

What a fucking idiot.

I am sorry that you lack the IQ to see beyond the party talking points. But I cannot help the willfully ignorant.

Whatever you have to tell yourself is fine with me. They say ignorance is bliss and you are one blissful mother fucker.

Nowadays it’s Wal Mart with all those wonderful high paying retail jobs.

What year was that when your Dad made enough money to have a stay at home wife?

What happened to all those high paying Union jobs in Detroit? Where are those cars being made today?

[

What a fucking idiot.

Whatever you have to tell yourself is fine with me. They say ignorance is bliss and you are one blissful mother fucker.

How's the weather in Beijing?

[

What a fucking idiot.

How's the weather in Beijing?

Pretty darn cold it seems.

upload_2019-12-7_14-16-22.png

What year was that when your Dad made enough money to have a stay at home wife?

What happened to all those high paying Union jobs in Detroit? Where are those cars being made today?

My wife was a stay at home mom/wife till 2010 after I got out of the Marine Corps.

We made it ok...but I will admit having a second income if pretty stinking nice

Shows how hollow the Trump economy is

Almost half of Americans work in low-wage jobs

America's unemployment rate is at a half-century low, but it also has a job-quality problem that affects nearly half the population, with a study finding 44% of U.S. workers are employed in low-wage jobs that pay median annual wages of $18,000.

Contrary to popular opinion, these workers aren't teenagers or young adults just starting their careers,

You really should stick to tiddlywinks RW, economics are too much for you to understand. We’re in the best economy we’ve had in over 50 years and you want to debate how many people don’t make enough? Do you ever think before you post this stuff? We’re in the best position in my adult life and somehow you have no idea this is occurring? Whatever it is they feed you, you need to quit consuming it...

Another great example of GOP misinformation and spin. From your link....
compared to a year earlier, the numbers show Canada added a healthy dose of 353,000 new positions almost all of which were full time. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Sean Kilpatrick. Sean

always-S.jpg

Canadian economy posts biggest monthly job loss since financial crisis
Craig Wong The Canadian Press Published Friday, December 6, 2019 8:50 AM ESTLast Updated Friday, December 6, 2019 1:28 PM EST

OTTAWA -- The Canadian economy posted its biggest monthly job loss since the financial crisis in November, pushing the unemployment rate higher and raising the possibility the Bank of Canada may cut interest rates next year.

Statistics Canada said Friday the economy lost 71,200 jobs last month and the unemployment rate rose four-tenths of a percentage point to 5.9 per cent to its highest point since August 2018 when it hit six per cent.
[...]
Canadian economy posts biggest monthly job loss since financial crisis

Isn't Canada being run by far-left Liberals?
Only You brainwashed functional morons think one month means something. They have 350,000 more jobs than this time last year. From your link. How many times do I have to tell you, brainwashed functional moron?
They also have a living wage free healthcare paid parental leave cheap college and training just like every other modern country but us thanks to you idiots and your scumbag leaders.

What is their unemployment rate and what is ours today?

Yeah, they have "free" inferior health care.

CostofCanadianHealthCare_zpseade7006-M.jpg
You have a link to that crap? by the way it doesn't count state and local taxes which are incredibly high and killing the non rich in this country. Google the only tax graph you need to know, super duper. Jesus what crap you spew dupe...

Work it out yourself. Isn't that what you tell others to do?

You can't count state and local taxes on a Federal level since they are all different. You know that you just like to "play" ignorant.

Have you thought about arresting their enablers for stealing good wages away from legal citizens?

Sure, why not?

Mandate E-Verify and if an employer hires someone with fake ID, throw them in jail while
you deport the illegal alien hire.

After the first thousand publicized arrests, illegals would be running away from their jobs.
Go after the employers who are the criminals. The illegals are just responding to an open invitation thanks to the GOP refusal of an ID card and enforcement. E-verify will not work without a good ID card and some goddamn organization for crying out loud...

Go after the employers who are the criminals.

And the illegal aliens who are also criminals.
Actually, overwhelmingly hard workers and great people who have been invited here by the GOP for decades. And still doing it...

Yup, boot the hard working criminals too.
way to keep this mess going forever, brainwashed functional moron racist a******....

How does booting all the illegal aliens "keep this mess going forever? Stupid twat.

A windfall of jobs isn't necessarily a win for many Americans. A Brookings report recently found that 44% of US workers are in low-wage jobs, earning a median annual salary of $18,000, despite historically low unemployment.

About this website

BROOKINGS.EDU

Low-wage work is more pervasive than you think, and there aren’t enough “good jobs” to go around
Even as the U.S. economy hums along at a favorable pace, there is a vast segment of workers today earning wages low enough to leave their livelihood and families extremely vulnerable.

A windfall of jobs isn't necessarily a win for many Americans. A Brookings report recently found that 44% of US workers are in low-wage jobs, earning a median annual salary of $18,000, despite historically low unemployment.

About this website

BROOKINGS.EDU

Low-wage work is more pervasive than you think, and there aren’t enough “good jobs” to go around
Even as the U.S. economy hums along at a favorable pace, there is a vast segment of workers today earning wages low enough to leave their livelihood and families extremely vulnerable.

Really dishonest use of statistics.

upload_2019-12-7_14-43-14.png

Income Percentile Calculator for the United States in 2019

According to this site, 19% make $18,000 or less.

They also have a living wage free healthcare paid parental leave cheap college and training just like every other modern country but us thanks to you idiots and your scumbag leaders.

And our catastrophic health insurance if we incur a million in costs versus Canada? :auiqs.jpg:We are all one illness away from losing everything we ever worked for in our lives. Do you know how many of those out there exist, or will exist? Ha dumb ass, here's a friggin clue for you; way more than any benefit from having private health care, because at that point, private health care is worth teats. The problem folks, is these idiots aren't smart enough to understand the difference between limits with private care, versus universal care and no limits or risk.

Losing your liberty is a huge risk.

Don't you people understand, that once you surrender your healthcare to government, government gets to control your lives. They will be able to tell you what you can eat, what you can drink, how much of it you can drink, and what kind of activities you are allowed to participate in. I don't want government in charge of turning off my television or internet because they don't want me laying around too much, and to get some exercise.

Fat in Japan? You're breaking the law.

https://www.investors.com/politics/...M4iW0a__8bOjPNKl2JVNW_c2yeV8WwG8LSWZSlHH-NXEc

Obese patients and smokers banned from routine surgery in 'most severe ever' rationing in the NHS

And don't say that can't happen here, because once government controls healthcare, it can.
What a load of crap. It is not government-run, it is simply organized by the government, the way it is paid for.
Split that hair how you like, but if government is "organizing" the way it's paid for, they are controlling it. Period.

And yes we need a hell of a lot more transparency so that there is actual competition. Which the GOP has blocked forever since they are totally owned by Big House big Pharma Big oil big money you name it, brainwashed functional moron.

We need to keep government out of it, entirely.
on the other hand everything he said about government control was a load of crap. Somebody has to organize competition transparency and going after costs and it is only the government that will do it. Democratic government.

And our catastrophic health insurance if we incur a million in costs versus Canada? :auiqs.jpg:We are all one illness away from losing everything we ever worked for in our lives. Do you know how many of those out there exist, or will exist? Ha dumb ass, here's a friggin clue for you; way more than any benefit from having private health care, because at that point, private health care is worth teats. The problem folks, is these idiots aren't smart enough to understand the difference between limits with private care, versus universal care and no limits or risk.

red-haircrow-quote-M.jpg

Losing your liberty is a huge risk.

Don't you people understand, that once you surrender your healthcare to government, government gets to control your lives. They will be able to tell you what you can eat, what you can drink, how much of it you can drink, and what kind of activities you are allowed to participate in. I don't want government in charge of turning off my television or internet because they don't want me laying around too much, and to get some exercise.

Fat in Japan? You're breaking the law.

https://www.investors.com/politics/...M4iW0a__8bOjPNKl2JVNW_c2yeV8WwG8LSWZSlHH-NXEc

Obese patients and smokers banned from routine surgery in 'most severe ever' rationing in the NHS

And don't say that can't happen here, because once government controls healthcare, it can.
What a load of crap. It is not government-run, it is simply organized by the government, the way it is paid for.
Split that hair how you like, but if government is "organizing" the way it's paid for, they are controlling it. Period.

And yes we need a hell of a lot more transparency so that there is actual competition. Which the GOP has blocked forever since they are totally owned by Big House big Pharma Big oil big money you name it, brainwashed functional moron.

We need to keep government out of it, entirely.
That is how we got to 18% of GDP Healthcare with no guaranteed Healthcare time of brainwash functional moron. And perfect dupe of corporate assholes...

I'm really not. I'm trying to prevent corporate assholes from controlling markets via government regulation. You're helping them to do just that.
Government regulation is the only thing we have left 2 keep corporations honest. We no longer have unions thanks to the GOP and the greatest generation is no more. Now we just have greedy marketing majors and MBA's and out of touch ridiculously Rich CEOs etc screwing everybody for the bottom line...

The only modern country withan inferior Healthcare system is the United States. Healthcare is 18% of GDP here and so many people are not even covered, thanks a lot g o p for an incredible scam system forever. We are the richest country in the world and the only modern country without Healthcare living wage hey daycare paid parental leave cheap college and training great vacations and infrastructure and mainly taxing the rich their fair share. Thanks GOP scumbags and silly dupes like you. Everything you know is wrong, ignoramus.
Dont call it inferior just because it costs more

like the man said, you get what you pay for
your admiration for incredibly overpriced unfair Healthcare is noted, super dupe of the greedy idiot GOP rich.
No the Democratic Rich unfairly profits off of our Healthcare system.
What the hell are you talking about, brainwashed functional moron.... LOL I caramba.

red-haircrow-quote-M.jpg

Most of the 53 million Americans working in low-wage jobs are adults in their prime working years, or between about 25 to 54, they noted. Their median hourly wage is $10.22 per hour — that's above the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour but well below what's considered the living wage for many regions.

A median wage of just $10.22 an hour

More reason to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour

Like all your ignorant Progressive friends, you, nor they ever give an honest, real answer to this simple question.

What is the average household income where one worker earns the minimum wage?

You tell us!

The only modern country withan inferior Healthcare system is the United States. Healthcare is 18% of GDP here and so many people are not even covered, thanks a lot g o p for an incredible scam system forever. We are the richest country in the world and the only modern country without Healthcare living wage hey daycare paid parental leave cheap college and training great vacations and infrastructure and mainly taxing the rich their fair share. Thanks GOP scumbags and silly dupes like you. Everything you know is wrong, ignoramus.
Dont call it inferior just because it costs more

like the man said, you get what you pay for
your admiration for incredibly overpriced unfair Healthcare is noted, super dupe of the greedy idiot GOP rich.
No the Democratic Rich unfairly profits off of our Healthcare system.
What the hell are you talking about, brainwashed functional moron.... LOL I caramba.

red-haircrow-quote-M.jpg
It is a political insult, not a personal insult. Also the biggest story in politics in our country's history. A GOP disgrace.

Forum List

Back