Almost half of Americans work in low paid jobs

Back in the day when America was great, GM (with all those nasty union jobs) was the largest employer. Dad made enough money to have a stay at home wife to look after things.

Nowadays it’s Wal Mart with all those “wonderful” retail jobs with their cooley wages.

What was the wetback population in the U.S. "back in the day"?
Is 2+2 adding up for you?
I'm sorry you have to fear being outsourced by a wetback.

Maybe if you contributed something of value to your company other than hot air it wouldn't be such a fear.

As a failed entrepreneur, I didn't fear losing my "job" to no wetback/

My 'job' requires one to be proficient in English, posses an iQ, people / communication skills, ambition, desire and capital...I can't go to work smelling like Modello and ass. Don't worry, no wetback will be taking my job.
That's so vague it could mean anything.

Why are you so obsessed with wetbacks?

They lie at the root of EVERY problem in America and dumbmotherfuckers pretend they don't. I like to remind the ignorant fucks of the truth that's staring them in the face.
The better question is; why aren't you obsessed with wetbacks?

Back in the day when America was great, GM (with all those nasty union jobs) was the largest employer. Dad made enough money to have a stay at home wife to look after things.

Nowadays it’s Wal Mart with all those “wonderful” retail jobs with their cooley wages.

Maybe if you contributed something of value to your company other than hot air it wouldn't be such a fear.

My 'job' requires one to be proficient in English, posses an iQ, people / communication skills, ambition, desire and capital...I can't go to work smelling like Modello and ass. Don't worry, no wetback will be taking my job.

They lie at the root of EVERY problem in America and dumbmotherfuckers pretend they don't. I like to remind the ignorant fucks of the truth that's staring them in the face.
I'm an entrepreneur, I'm sorry you have to fear losing your job to a wetback. There are Hispanic entrepreneurs, including the actor who played "Ricky Ricardo" in "I Love Lucy", so even one who was born in the 50s really has no excuse for not being above and beyond "race".

The same with "women" - who were the "women" who played housewives in 1950s TV shows - they were actress, entrepreneurs, well paid - say what else you want to about them.

Nowadays it’s Wal Mart with all those wonderful high paying retail jobs.

So what was life like, Comrade? 800 square foot house? No air conditioning. 1 car if you were lucky. One black and white 19 inch TV. Hot dogs and hamburger helper for most dinners. Maybe go out to eat twice a year. If you want a drink, get it from the hose, no soda and sure the fuck no Red Bull. Hang the wash in the back yard, couldn't afford a dryer.

Absolutely.

Average Size of US Homes, Decade by Decade
It's nearly tripled since 1950

Average Size of US Homes, Decade by Decade

That's a cool soundbite wetback lover...now pull your head from your ass and tell us; does the presence of wetbacks affect pay scales up the the middle-class worker?
I have no idea how one could economically substantiate that.

Given that most "economic theories" are simply people mindlessly repeating some simplistic axiom from the media, accepted on faith and only substantiated via circular reasoning, often due to facts and evidence to the contrary, I could care less. Phillip Tetlock in "Superforecasting" more or less acknowledge that people acting on fear, emotions, or impulse don't tend to make good forecasts to begin with, so 99% of what passes for "economics" on TV or radio is rendered irrelevant.

Mumbo-jumbo...stop embarrassing yourself.

To some extent, that's an unacceptable economic reality.

Some jobs or industries disappear, but new ones are created in the process. I fail to see what "race" has to do with this.

Now you want to play stupid huh?...I'll play along....How many different "races" have invaded America by the tens of millions and worked off the books for slave wages?

That's a cool soundbite wetback lover...now pull your head from your ass and tell us; does the presence of wetbacks affect pay scales up the the middle-class worker?

Given that most "economic theories" are simply people mindlessly repeating some simplistic axiom from the media, accepted on faith and only substantiated via circular reasoning, often due to facts and evidence to the contrary, I could care less. Phillip Tetlock in "Superforecasting" more or less acknowledge that people acting on fear, emotions, or impulse don't tend to make good forecasts to begin with, so 99% of what passes for "economics" on TV or radio is rendered irrelevant.

Some jobs or industries disappear, but new ones are created in the process. I fail to see what "race" has to do with this.

No you want to play stupid huh?...I'll play along....How many different "races" have invaded America by the tens of millions and worked off the books for slave wages?

Who do you blame - them or the companies who hire them illegally for slave wages? It takes two to tango.

Racial clashes are archaic, and won't have any viability in an information economy, they're as old as clashes between Irish and English Immigrants, Catholics and Protestants, and so on and so on.

I'm an entrepreneur, I'm sorry you have to fear losing your job to a wetback. There are Hispanic entrepreneurs, including the actor who played "Ricky Ricardo" in "I Love Lucy", so even one who was born in the 50s really has no excuse for not being above and beyond "race".

The same with "women" - who were the "women" who played housewives in 1950s TV shows - they were actress, entrepreneurs, well paid - say what else you want to about them.

It doesn't impact you so why care huh? You must be an awesome American.
This painter is a "entrepreneur" as well...What now?

It doesn't impact you so why care huh? You must be an awesome American.
This painter is a "entrepreneur" as well...What now?

Some lose, some win - an entrepreneur isn't "entitled" to success - he has to take risks.

I grew up in one of those homes. My father was a bricklayer and did pretty well for himself. But during the working season, my father worked seven days a week. When my father got home from his full-time job, he ate dinner, laid down for perhaps about a half-hour, and out to do side jobs.

We would get home at 9:30 pm most times. It was okay for me because I was a kid on summer vacation, however with my father, he had to get to bed and get up early in the morning to rinse and repeat.

One of the complaints I hear from the companies I deliver to is they can't get their workers to work any overtime. No matter how many times they offer, when that buzzer goes off at 3:30, out the door they go.

Last edited:
but you made the stupid ass claim that if half the country is in low paying jobs the other half has to be in high paying jobs..as if there is nothing in the middle of those two things.

You're joking, right? Please say you're being facetious.

If you have far-left winger claiming a foolish narrative about the median of the lower half of income earners, that leaves the other half as the high-income earners. The middle would be the mean, or average.

Where did you people go to school? Or did you?

This is what is driving our resident, far-left Trolls NUTS.

Median Household Income in October 2019
Posted: Dec 04, 2019 10:40 AM

Median household income in the United States reached a new record high in October 2019, with the typical American household in $66,465 according to demographic analytics firm Sentier Research. That figure is up slightly from the 66,214 the firm reported for September 2019. The new record high applies both in nominal terms and after adjusting for the effects of inflation.
[...]
Median Household Income in October 2019

Especially fun to watch is francoHFW who has run completely off the rails, calling everyone names, acting like a spoiled six-year-old girl. She's flooded the board with foolishness! Life is good!

Donald%20Duck-S.gif

No you want to play stupid huh?...I'll play along....How many different "races" have invaded America by the tens of millions and worked off the books for slave wages?

Who do you blame - them or the companies who hire them illegally for slave wages? It takes two to tango.

Racial clashes are archaic, and won't have any viability in an information economy.

NEGATIVE, the problem originates at our border..."companies" aren't traversing it and trespassing.

Racial clashes are archaic, and won't have any viability in an information economy.

NEGATIVE, the problem originates at our border..."companies" aren't traversing it and trespassing.

If they're hiring them illegally, they're breaking the law. What do you have to say about that?

Racial clashes are archaic, and won't have any viability in an information economy, they're as old as clashes between Irish and English Immigrants, Catholics and Protestants, and so on and so on.

I blame the government because being here illegally doesn't carry any real deterrent. Make being here illegally a felony with a minimum of five years in prison for the first offense. You'd see how fast our immigration problem would stop, particularly with Visa overstays which are the biggest problem.

If they're hiring them illegally, they're breaking the law. What do you have to say about that?

Companies that knowingly hire wetbacks should hang in public.
Your circle talk and foolish justification is quite fascinating....What part of Mehico are you from and how long have you been fucking good real Americans over?

A windfall of jobs isn't necessarily a win for many Americans. A Brookings report recently found that 44% of US workers are in low-wage jobs, earning a median annual salary of $18,000, despite historically low unemployment.

About this website

BROOKINGS.EDU

Low-wage work is more pervasive than you think, and there aren’t enough “good jobs” to go around
Even as the U.S. economy hums along at a favorable pace, there is a vast segment of workers today earning wages low enough to leave their livelihood and families extremely vulnerable.

Walmart to hire hundreds of truck drivers, raise salary to nearly $90,000
Want to list all those losing jobs?

Sure there are losing jobs, but they are optional to accept them. The point being, there are a lot of good jobs today, so using low-paying jobs as a reason some don't make enough is utter BS. You can lead a horse to water.........

I believe the real problem is narcotics. Better paying jobs often drug test.

I made a pickup at a steel company about a year ago. The shipper was asking me if I knew anybody looking for work? I asked the pay, and if they only hired from people they know? He said they advertise all the time with little luck.

He said they do seminars. People interested would come in, usually around 20 or so, and the HR person conducting the seminar starts off by telling everybody they do drug screens, so if they can't pass one, it's a waste of their time being there. He said almost everybody walks out; five or six people perhaps left over.

This is what I hear and see all the time with our customers. So people optionally work lower paying jobs because many less of them do drug testing.

You're joking, right? Please say you're being facetious.

If you have far-left winger claiming a foolish narrative about the median of the lower half of income earners, that leaves the other half as the high-income earners. The middle would be the mean, or average.

Where did you people go to school? Or did you?

You try so hard, and yet fail every time. I sort of pity you.

Let me see if I can explain this Barney style so someone like you can understand.

The study in the OP broke down income into 3 categories...low, mid and high.

Now, for the sake of keeping it simple, lets just say that anyone under 50,000 is low, and anyone over 200,000 is high. This is not the number the study used, I am just picking some nice round number as to not confuse you.

Now, according to the study, almost half of American workers fall into the low category. That means that the rest fall into the other two categories.

Now, the study went further and said that median income of just those in the lower group is 18,000. That number has no bearing at all on the distribution of the other two groups, it was just the median income of the lower group.

The number of people in each group is not equal, as the groups are not set by the number in them, but by the income they make.

Thus, anything that is said about the lower group alone has no bearing on the other two groups.

I hope I made that simple enough, but I am not hopeful.

Your circle talk and foolish justification is quite fascinating....What part of Mehico are you from and how long have you been fucking good real Americans over?

Didn't you admit to hiring illegals?

Could care less about barely literate trailer trash like yourself, you were slaves today, and you were slaves in the day of the Framers by virtue of your own immorality - America was always aristocratic and meritocratic, and were it not for bringing average literacy up to the 6th grade level, you'd unlikely have the ability to participate in politics at all, and for good reason, nothing more than a slave on one of the framer's plantations, if you were lucky.

A Hispanic entrepreneur deserves more rights than a "white" degenerate, who is probably a.mixed-breed freak to begin with, nothing close to "pure Aryan". The more of these illiterate, immoral scum whose jobs get outsourced to more virtuous Hispanics, the better. Let them go extinct and get replaced by the information economy and robotics.

Same with degenerate "men" who can't respect women who demonstrate merit, which has always been around in some variety or another. Merit has always been around, respect it, or don't at your own peril.

Last edited:

Didn't you admit to hiring illegals?

I did...I hired a lying piece of shit illegal from New Zealand...he produced fraudulent licenses and all.
Where can go with that?

Could care less about barely literate trailer trash like yourself, you were slaves today, and you were slaves in the day of the Framers by virtue of your own immorality - America was always aristocratic and meritocratic, and were it not for bringing average literacy up to the 6th grade level, you'd unlikely have the ability to participate in politics at all, and for good reason, nothing more than a slave on one of the framer's plantations, if you were lucky.

A Hispanic entrepreneur deserves more rights than a "white" degenerate, who is probably a.mixed-breed freak to begin with, nothing close to "pure Aryan". The more of these illiterate, immoral scum whose jobs get outsourced to more virtuous Hispanics, the better. Let them go extinct and get replaced by the information economy and robotics.

Same with degenerate "men" who can't respect women who demonstrate merit, which has always been around in some variety or another. Merit has always been around, respect it, or don't at your own peril.

haha...there you go, you bit hook line and sinker...I brought the real you out and made you expose yourself for the disgusting unAmerican piece of shit you actually are...haha...thanks for playing.

Forum List

Back