Almost twice as many Republicans than Democrats died of Covid, study says

LOL

Moans the idiot whose 'kick me' sign is its avatar. Tell the forum again how there's gonna be a RED WAVE!

rotfl-gif.288736

Translation: "I'm so scared that I can't think of a single original thing to say, so I hope nobody will notice me saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over........................."

How? The overwhelming majority of old people in Florida are escaped NEW YORK DEMOCRATS!

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
You’re really impressing me with your data driven analysis.

DUR

I don’t know how you can’t figure out that correlating deaths with voter registration would produce a death rate per party. It’s pretty clear that if you find out who died and what party they registered to, that you’d figure out who died more.

You just don’t like the results.

Hmm...now this should be an eye opener for some..but--it won't be.
I see this as a purely Darwinian exercise---sad but inevitable.

Political affiliation has emerged as a potential risk factor for COVID-19, amid evidence that Republican-leaning counties have had higher COVID-19 death rates than Democrat- leaning counties and evidence of a link between political party affiliation and vaccination views. This study constructs an individual-level dataset with political affiliation and excess death rates during the COVID-19 pandemic via a linkage of 2017 voter registration in Ohio and Florida to mortality data from 2018 to 2021. We estimate substantially higher excess death rates for registered Republicans when compared to registered Democrats, with almost all of the difference concentrated in the period after vaccines were widely available in our study states. Overall, the excess death rate for Republicans was 5.4 percentage points (pp), or 76%, higher than the excess death rate for Democrats. Post- vaccines, the excess death rate gap between Republicans and Democrats widened from 1.6 pp (22% of the Democrat excess death rate) to 10.4 pp (153% of the Democrat excess death rate). The gap in excess death rates between Republicans and Democrats is concentrated in counties with low vaccination rates and only materializes after vaccines became widely available.

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has caused over one million deaths in the United
States [6], leading to considerable interest in identifying risk factors for COVID-19 mortality.
Political affiliation has emerged as one potentially significant risk factor, amid evidence that
Republican-leaning counties have had higher COVID-19 death rates than Democrat-leaning
counties [11, 14]. But it is unknown whether this county-level association — which may be
subject to the ecological fallacy [12] — persists at the individual level. Prior research has also
established differences in vaccination attitudes and social distancing based on political party
affiliation [1, 9, 2, 8, 13], but it has been more difficult thus far to establish corresponding
links to health outcomes due to data limitations. This study overcomes that challenge by
linking voter registration data in Ohio and Florida to mortality data to assess the individual-
level association between political party affiliation and excess mortality during the COVID-19
pandemic. We estimate higher excess death rates for registered Republicans when compared
to registered Democrats after vaccines were widely available — and not before — and these
differences were concentrated in counties with lower vaccination rates.
Sounds about right.

Dang..you sure read that study quickly...LOL!
Deny all you want...keep your pinhead buried in the sand--but the numbers don't lie.

Numbers don't lie, but the people who put fourth the numbers certainly do.

After going over their website I see they aren't any official type of research organization at all or even involved with official orginzation. They provide little actual evidence supporting their research, they don't really cite any outside sources, and they have a huge amount of research based on trendy topics often having ones based on race, immigrants well being and healthcare, and the rest are mostly nonsensical research like "small business information spillover units underlying the need for indigenous workfare" whatever the hell that jumbled mess means.

I see absolutely nothing noteworthy on their site or the generic pdf you linked to.

And if this was actually true, every single biased news source that disliked republicans like cnn or MSNBC would have been showing this over and over and over again. But none of them did because even from a fake news source like cnn, this is impossible to pass off as serious or real.

You’re really impressing me with your data driven analysis.

DUR

I don’t know how you can’t figure out that correlating deaths with voter registration would produce a death rate per party. It’s pretty clear that if you find out who died and what party they registered to, that you’d figure out who died more.

You just don’t like the results.
There's no such thing as covid, so your argument is vapid.

Translation: "I'm so scared that I can't think of a single original thing to say, so I hope nobody will notice me saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over........................."

LOL

Cause I'm really interested in hearing you talk about your RED WAVE. For some reason, you don't want to, so I have no choice but to pull up posts of yours where you did. Like this one where you're begging for more. I give you more and now you throw a tantrum like a two year old.

In your foul-smelling wet dreams, bitch.

But keep trying to insult those more mature and intelligent than you. Not to mention more respected.

It's fun to watch. Give us more.

11 days!

:)
rotfl-gif.288736

Political affiliation has emerged as a potential risk factor for COVID-19, amid evidence that Republican-leaning counties have had higher COVID-19 death rates than Democrat- leaning counties and evidence of a link between political party affiliation and vaccination views. This study constructs an individual-level dataset with political affiliation and excess death rates during the COVID-19 pandemic via a linkage of 2017 voter registration in Ohio and Florida to mortality data from 2018 to 2021. We estimate substantially higher excess death rates for registered Republicans when compared to registered Democrats, with almost all of the difference concentrated in the period after vaccines were widely available in our study states. Overall, the excess death rate for Republicans was 5.4 percentage points (pp), or 76%, higher than the excess death rate for Democrats. Post- vaccines, the excess death rate gap between Republicans and Democrats widened from 1.6 pp (22% of the Democrat excess death rate) to 10.4 pp (153% of the Democrat excess death rate). The gap in excess death rates between Republicans and Democrats is concentrated in counties with low vaccination rates and only materializes after vaccines became widely available.

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has caused over one million deaths in the United
States [6], leading to considerable interest in identifying risk factors for COVID-19 mortality.
Political affiliation has emerged as one potentially significant risk factor, amid evidence that
Republican-leaning counties have had higher COVID-19 death rates than Democrat-leaning
counties [11, 14]. But it is unknown whether this county-level association — which may be
subject to the ecological fallacy [12] — persists at the individual level. Prior research has also
established differences in vaccination attitudes and social distancing based on political party
affiliation [1, 9, 2, 8, 13], but it has been more difficult thus far to establish corresponding
links to health outcomes due to data limitations. This study overcomes that challenge by
linking voter registration data in Ohio and Florida to mortality data to assess the individual-
level association between political party affiliation and excess mortality during the COVID-19
pandemic. We estimate higher excess death rates for registered Republicans when compared
to registered Democrats after vaccines were widely available — and not before — and these
Fake news...Covid is a fake virus, a hoax....the numbers are fake.....truth is, 37 million people died from wearing masks, vaccines and Dr. Fauci's mere presence

LOL

Cause I'm really interested in hearing you talk about your RED WAVE. For some reason, you don't want to, so I have no choice but to pull up posts of yours where you did. Like this one where you're begging for more. I give you more and now you throw a tantrum like a two year old.

rotfl-gif.288736

Thank you for confirming my very wise assessment of your -- ahem -- intellectual capability.

Have a lovely day.

Numbers don't lie, but the people who put fourth the numbers certainly do.

After going over their website I see they aren't any official type of research organization at all or even involved with official orginzation. They provide little actual evidence supporting their research, they don't really cite any outside sources, and they have a huge amount of research based on trendy topics often having ones based on race, immigrants well being and healthcare, and the rest are mostly nonsensical research like "small business information spillover units underlying the need for indigenous workfare" whatever the hell that jumbled mess means.

I see absolutely nothing noteworthy on their site or the generic pdf you linked to.

And if this was actually true, every single biased news source that disliked republicans like cnn or MSNBC would have been showing this over and over and over again. But none of them did because even from a fake news source like cnn, this is impossible to pass off as serious or real.

And on and on and on and on......Google does have a search function, ya know? I linked the actual study rather than the MSM reports to spare myself all the whining about this site or that..thinking that viewing the actual data would be better. I guess I was over-optimistic.

It’s too easy to make you look foolish...

Now you can apologize. Oh wait, you’ll cry about the source and not be able to refute the facts...
Well the examiner is a fake newspaper and total garbage, but I was actually asking for a linkfor the relevant bs...

Meaningless study......and from your study.....
"it has been more difficult thus far to establish corresponding
links to health outcomes due to data limitations."

"Political affiliation has emerged as one potentially significant risk factor"

IOW they set out to find higher COVID death rates among cherry picked so-called Republican areas. What a bunch of bullshit.

Meaningless study......and from your study.....

"Political affiliation has emerged as one potentially significant risk factor"

IOW they set out to find higher COVID death rates among cherry picked so-called Republican areas. What a bunch of bullshit.
Well...if Florida and Ohio are 'Republican areas' ya might have a point..but since they really aren't...your argument really doesn't apply, now does it?

As for the first quote..perhaps were you to put it in context? Starting at the very next sentence:

This study overcomes that challenge by

Well...if Florida and Ohio are 'Republican areas' ya might have a point..but since they really aren't...your argument really doesn't apply, now does it?

As for the first quote..perhaps were you to put it in context? Starting at the very next sentence:

This study overcomes that challenge by

Hey dumbfuck, Florida certainly is a Republican State. Including Miami-Dade you moron. You still lose. As you’ve been beaten this entire thread yet laughably keep stomping your feet and whining.

Forum List

Back