Almost twice as many Republicans than Democrats died of Covid, study says

In your dreams, racist conspiracy theorist jabbie.

How long have you got?

Don't skip your fifth booster.

but thanks for a nice post
What a really good slam. I am not sure I can recover.... Just like Diamond didnt.

What a really good slam. I am not sure I can recover.... Just like Diamond didnt.

Fake news.

Prove she's dead.

Until then, you're being irrelevant.

I know, not a new thing for you.

Should be fun for you to know for certain, since you want to dance on her grave.

Prove it.

Do it now.

What you people labled as "COVID deaths" arent actually deaths from COVID, so your numbers are dishonest from the start. It could be that more republicans died, but i have zero faith in your biased studies. I will wait for real scientists to get back to doing real science, then we can reexamine the deaths.
I remember debunking that argument long, long ago. I got the CDC figures of death by cause, and found that the number of people dying from the leading causes stayed the same from 2018 thru 2021 (when I checked) Plus or minus less than a percentage point.
Yet for 2020-2021 a new leading cause of death (now 3rd place overall) was COVID-19, and actually the leading cause during spikes in the ourbreak.

I remember debunking that argument long, long ago. I got the CDC figures of death by cause, and found that the number of people dying from the leading causes stayed the same from 2018 thru 2021 (when I checked) Plus or minus less than a percentage point.
Yet for 2020-2021 a new leading cause of death (now 3rd place overall) was COVID-19, and actually the leading cause during spikes in the ourbreak.
I cant imagine how you could debunk anything with such limited information.

Hmm...now this should be an eye opener for some..but--it won't be.
I see this as a purely Darwinian exercise---sad but inevitable.

Political affiliation has emerged as a potential risk factor for COVID-19, amid evidence that Republican-leaning counties have had higher COVID-19 death rates than Democrat- leaning counties and evidence of a link between political party affiliation and vaccination views. This study constructs an individual-level dataset with political affiliation and excess death rates during the COVID-19 pandemic via a linkage of 2017 voter registration in Ohio and Florida to mortality data from 2018 to 2021. We estimate substantially higher excess death rates for registered Republicans when compared to registered Democrats, with almost all of the difference concentrated in the period after vaccines were widely available in our study states. Overall, the excess death rate for Republicans was 5.4 percentage points (pp), or 76%, higher than the excess death rate for Democrats. Post- vaccines, the excess death rate gap between Republicans and Democrats widened from 1.6 pp (22% of the Democrat excess death rate) to 10.4 pp (153% of the Democrat excess death rate). The gap in excess death rates between Republicans and Democrats is concentrated in counties with low vaccination rates and only materializes after vaccines became widely available.

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has caused over one million deaths in the United
States [6], leading to considerable interest in identifying risk factors for COVID-19 mortality.
Political affiliation has emerged as one potentially significant risk factor, amid evidence that
Republican-leaning counties have had higher COVID-19 death rates than Democrat-leaning
counties [11, 14]. But it is unknown whether this county-level association — which may be
subject to the ecological fallacy [12] — persists at the individual level. Prior research has also
established differences in vaccination attitudes and social distancing based on political party
affiliation [1, 9, 2, 8, 13], but it has been more difficult thus far to establish corresponding
links to health outcomes due to data limitations. This study overcomes that challenge by
linking voter registration data in Ohio and Florida to mortality data to assess the individual-
level association between political party affiliation and excess mortality during the COVID-19
pandemic. We estimate higher excess death rates for registered Republicans when compared
to registered Democrats after vaccines were widely available — and not before — and these
differences were concentrated in counties with lower vaccination rates.
They never should have closed the churches. In fact, they should have ENCOURAGED the fundies to go to church in droves to pray the COVID away.

5 years worth of CDC cause of death data is NOT limited information. In fact it's probably the biggest historical mortality database available.
The CDC has been hiding data. You dont have enough information to determine anything. You are being fed disinformation. I know you wont want to admit it, but its true.

Political affiliation has emerged as a potential risk factor for COVID-19, amid evidence that Republican-leaning counties have had higher COVID-19 death rates than Democrat- leaning counties and evidence of a link between political party affiliation and vaccination views. This study constructs an individual-level dataset with political affiliation and excess death rates during the COVID-19 pandemic via a linkage of 2017 voter registration in Ohio and Florida to mortality data from 2018 to 2021. We estimate substantially higher excess death rates for registered Republicans when compared to registered Democrats, with almost all of the difference concentrated in the period after vaccines were widely available in our study states. Overall, the excess death rate for Republicans was 5.4 percentage points (pp), or 76%, higher than the excess death rate for Democrats. Post- vaccines, the excess death rate gap between Republicans and Democrats widened from 1.6 pp (22% of the Democrat excess death rate) to 10.4 pp (153% of the Democrat excess death rate). The gap in excess death rates between Republicans and Democrats is concentrated in counties with low vaccination rates and only materializes after vaccines became widely available.

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has caused over one million deaths in the United
States [6], leading to considerable interest in identifying risk factors for COVID-19 mortality.
Political affiliation has emerged as one potentially significant risk factor, amid evidence that
Republican-leaning counties have had higher COVID-19 death rates than Democrat-leaning
counties [11, 14]. But it is unknown whether this county-level association — which may be
subject to the ecological fallacy [12] — persists at the individual level. Prior research has also
established differences in vaccination attitudes and social distancing based on political party
affiliation [1, 9, 2, 8, 13], but it has been more difficult thus far to establish corresponding
links to health outcomes due to data limitations. This study overcomes that challenge by
linking voter registration data in Ohio and Florida to mortality data to assess the individual-
level association between political party affiliation and excess mortality during the COVID-19
pandemic. We estimate higher excess death rates for registered Republicans when compared
to registered Democrats after vaccines were widely available — and not before — and these

Viruses dont care about your political stances.

COVID does care about your age.

As you get older you trend toward being more conservative. That might be because your politics have changed or you stood still and the politics moved left, either way it happens.

Since 93% of the people who died from COVID are over 50 and 75% were over 65 maybe its more about age and less about who someone votes for.

Maybe we should stop trying so hard to make this about people's politics.

Prove I ever said he was.

By the way, here's your friendly reminder to get boosted.

I dont need to prove you said he was. Never claimed you did. I’ve never heard you state that Trump wasn’t conservative. This is the first time I’ve heard you say that so I was giving you Kudos.

And all of those dead Republicans voted for Biden in 20 and Fetterman and Warnock in 22!

Forum List

Back