Alternative To The Electoral College

Independent thinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
Lefties are always criticizing how we vote for president with the electoral college so I have two alternate ideas:

1. We've got 50 states and a small handful of territories so we give them all one vote each based on the popular votes in those areas.

2. We've got 3,244 counties in the country so we give each county one vote each plus that small handful of territories and they all get one vote each based on popular votes in those areas

Lefties are always criticizing how we vote for president with the electoral college so I have two alternate ideas:

1. We've got 50 states and a small handful of territories so we give them all one vote each based on the popular votes in those areas.

2. We've got 3,244 counties in the country so we give each county one vote each plus that small handful of territories and they all get one vote each based on popular votes in those areas
LAND does not vote
PEOPLE vote

One man, one vote

The States have Congress
Let We the People have the President

You see all that RED covering Vacant Land and it excites you.
You know vacant land doesn't vote.

These are the LAMEST most illogical suggestions ever.
I bet you got all excited typing it though.

you don't like the electoral college? Create an amendment and get rid of it. Or just quit whining like a 5-year-old that didn't get his way.
The Electoral College was brought up by the OP. <<< a right wing Hack.

One vote one state (which is what happens if the EC can't decide) would just trigger big red state whining about Vermont and big blue state whining about Wyoming. So basically, it would be same shit, different day.

Then you'd let the common people decide ... exactly what the EC is trying to avoid ... might as well use the popular vote ... and let the large states decide for the small states ... I'm sure the small states would like that ...

Trump carried 30 States in 2016 ... 30 States Democrats shit upon ... maybe Democrats should stop shitting on people ...

=====

2/3's of each House of Congress and 3/4's of the States ... and you can have elections anyway you want them ... good luck getting any of the 13 smallest states to give up votes ... poor North Dakota wouldn't even qualify for a single Seat in the House, they'd have to share one with South Dakota hahahahahahahahahahaha ...

You see all that RED covering Vacant Land and it excites you.
You know vacant land doesn't vote.

These are the LAMEST most illogical suggestions ever.
I bet you got all excited typing it though.

The Electoral College was brought up by the OP. <<< a right wing Hack.
Again, you seemed to totally ignore what I posted. I posted that PEOPLE vote, not land. Of course land can't vote.

#1 No.

#2 No.

People vote not real estate.

A third option: States allocate EC vote based on the following:
  • 1 EC vote per Congressional District
  • 2 EC votes per State based on overall state results.
WW

you don't like the electoral college? Create an amendment and get rid of it. Or just quit whining like a 5-year-old that didn't get his way.

I don't particularly agree or disagree with the concept. But no it wouldn't take an Amendment. State legislatures determine allocation of EC Electors and they don't have to use winner take all.

WW

You seemed to totally ignore my post. People vote in each locality and then that locality gets one total vote. People DO vote, not land. You are right, land can't vote.

By defining the EC votes by geograhical limits (States or Counties) you are decreasing the impact of the vote in high density population areas.

I know that seems to be what you want, but it ain't going to happen.

WW

#1 No.

#2 No.

People vote not real estate.

A third option: States allocate EC vote based on the following:
  • 1 EC vote per Congressional District
  • 2 EC votes per State based on overall state results.
WW
Where did I say that real estate votes? I clearly said that people vote.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
The president and vice-president should be elected by the popular vote. It would end all these issues regarding electors and a tiny group of states and people determining who will lead the nation.

LAND does not vote
PEOPLE vote

One man, one vote

The States have Congress
Let We the People have the President

What would happen if the EC was abolished and we went to a national popular vote for president? For one thing, we'd pretty much be a one-party gov't run by the democrats, wouldn't we? Does anyone believe that is a good idea? Do you think the repubs would have a chance in hell of electing a GOP president? The major population urban cities would determine who wins, and rural America would essentially be shut-out, right? Is that a good thing, liberal progressives want one man one vote except if that man or woman lives out in the sticks somewhere. There's a reason why the Senate requires each state to have only 2 seats regardless of their population size. It's the same reason why we do not elect our president by a popular national vote. It's called the tyranny of the majority.

The states have the Senate but they do not have the House, because House seats are apportioned based on population. But the democrats want to change that so that the Senate goes to a simple 51 vote majority for everything. Is that really a good thing? I am not sure that passing whatever you want without any input or control by the minority is a good thing. Maybe sometimes doing nothing is better than doing something stupid.

By defining the EC votes by geograhical limits (States or Counties) you are decreasing the impact of the vote in high density population areas.

I know that seems to be what you want, but it ain't going to happen.

WW
But but but your system uses geographical limits - the US states and it's territories. Are you saying that our voting should be open to the world?

• Sad
Reactions: cnm

Forum List

Back