Am I alone in thinking wikileaks is a GOOD thing?

I doubt all this information came from one young dumb PFC. I want a full in debt investigation. I want every one of these idiots. And I want every news organization to stop posting anything they got from this site. And if they continue then charge them too.

That's right! We need to shut down Freedom of the Press! Otherwise people might find out we're not perfect!
The press is free to report what they wish.

Soldiers that took an oath to defend the country are not.

The government has no problem with shutting down domains that distribute MP3s, on the pretext that the content is stolen.

Homeland Security seizes domain names - The Hill's Hillicon Valley

Why is publishing stolen content belonging to America acceptable?

The government shutting down websites isn't acceptable at all. In either case.

If the content is stolen, why not?

And that could.... theoretically.... go for every site that runs information from this source.

Once again, we're in the realm of opinion. And my opinion is simple. I do NOT believe that ANY government should have the right to censor ANYTHING on the internet.

Simple as that.

I doubt all this information came from one young dumb PFC. I want a full in debt investigation. I want every one of these idiots. And I want every news organization to stop posting anything they got from this site. And if they continue then charge them too.

That's right! We need to shut down Freedom of the Press! Otherwise people might find out we're not perfect!
The press is free to report what they wish.

Soldiers that took an oath to defend the country are not.

And I'm not talking about the soldier. Any punishment he receives, he deserves.

And we hought the world was changing for the worse...the scope of this is immense. We ought to track down this creep Julian Assange...and string his ass up.

Hell in the old days the guy would have died from a massive dose of lead and disappear off the face of the Earth.

Julian Assange is just the spokesman and chairman for WikiLeaks. Without him, the information would still get out there. The website itself is international, as is the organization that updates the site. WikiLeaks, for all legal purposes is a data haven.

For the record, Assange can be charged with espionage.

The PFC can face treason charges.

Job done.

Or this could happen to Julian Asshat...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/general/144171-i-think-julian-assange.html

Yes you stupid fuck, when the press is printing classified information then they need to be shut down. Common fucking sense.

Except, you know, for this:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Lets see, I held a TS security clearance. My wife still to this day does not know about some of the places I went and why. And why? Because it was classified. Now, what if I wrote her a letter about all those places and things that I was involved in? What the hell is the difference? The difference is that I would be telling my spouse who since she doesn't have a clearance I would have been in deep shit and spent some time behind bars. But if a News Paper prints it for the world to see then the first amendment comes into play? I don't think so.

Espionage:

To convey information with intent to interfere with the operation or success of the armed forces of the United States or to promote the success of its enemies. This was punishable by death or by imprisonment for not more than 30 years or both.
To convey false reports or false statements with intent to interfere with the operation or success of the military or naval forces of the United States or to promote the success of its enemies when the United States is at war, to cause or attempt to cause insubordination, disloyalty, mutiny, refusal of duty, in the military or naval forces of the United States, or to willfully obstruct the recruiting or enlistment service of the United States. This was punishable by a maximum fine of $10,000 fine or by imprisonment for not more than 20 years or both.

Espionage Act of 1917 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Assange can be charged with espionage.

That little shit Benning (I will not give him his military rank), should face treason charges.... but, espionage would be an easier sell. Either way, the little shit should kill himself.... only honorable thing to do.

And we hought the world was changing for the worse...the scope of this is immense. We ought to track down this creep Julian Assange...and string his ass up.

Hell in the old days the guy would have died from a massive dose of lead and disappear off the face of the Earth.

Julian Assange is just the spokesman and chairman for WikiLeaks. Without him, the information would still get out there. The website itself is international, as is the organization that updates the site. WikiLeaks, for all legal purposes is a data haven.

Job done.

Well, if you're right, then he will be charged.

And if not, he won't.

I guess we'll just have to see.

Yes you stupid fuck, when the press is printing classified information then they need to be shut down. Common fucking sense.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Lets see, I held a TS security clearance. My wife still to this day does not know about some of the places I went and why. And why? Because it was classified. Now, what if I wrote her a letter about all those places and things that I was involved in? What the hell is the difference? The difference is that I would be telling my spouse who since she doesn't have a clearance I would have been in deep shit and spent some time behind bars. But if a News Paper prints it for the world to see then the first amendment comes into play? I don't think so.

Then you don't understand how Freedom of the Press works.

Under the premise that the Founders did not write a suicide pact, there does reach a point where the behavior of those who call themselves The Press disqualifies them from such distinction and protections.

Wikileaks has reached that point.

Under the premise that the Founders did not write a suicide pact, there does reach a point where the behavior of those who call themselves The Press disqualifies them from such distinction and protections.

Wikileaks has reached that point.

Then we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one....

Job done.

And if not, he won't.

Treason is a tough charge to prove.... and is narrowly defined. Espionage is easier. I'm comfortable with anyone disseminating this information being charged with espionage. The media will not be - more's the pity..... but Benning probably will be. And it is also likely that Assange will be. Both work for me.

The real reason I want these people dealt with is so that other people realize that it's not a smart thing to do and that the US Government will come after you.... wherever you are.

Hey numb nuts, it's fucking wrong.

Job done.

And if not, he won't.

Treason is a tough charge to prove.... and is narrowly defined. Espionage is easier. I'm comfortable with anyone disseminating this information being charged with espionage. The media will not be - more's the pity..... but Benning probably will be. And it is also likely that Assange will be. Both work for me.

The real reason I want these people dealt with is so that other people realize that it's not a smart thing to do and that the US Government will come after you.... wherever you are.

Except that this administration is probably only going to send a strongly worded letter.

Espionage:

To convey information with intent to interfere with the operation or success of the armed forces of the United States or to promote the success of its enemies. This was punishable by death or by imprisonment for not more than 30 years or both.
To convey false reports or false statements with intent to interfere with the operation or success of the military or naval forces of the United States or to promote the success of its enemies when the United States is at war, to cause or attempt to cause insubordination, disloyalty, mutiny, refusal of duty, in the military or naval forces of the United States, or to willfully obstruct the recruiting or enlistment service of the United States. This was punishable by a maximum fine of $10,000 fine or by imprisonment for not more than 20 years or both.

That little shit Benning (I will not give him his military rank), should face treason charges.... but, espionage would be an easier sell. Either way, the little shit should kill himself.... only honorable thing to do.

Good luck proving that....

Hey numb nuts, it's fucking wrong.

The First Amendment is wrong?

Once again, I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree...

Espionage:

Good luck proving that....

I don't have to. Eric Holder does. See how that works? He's top puppy at Justice. His call. And... the President, of course. Obama has a great opportunity here to show some backbone and go after America's enemies.

He's a fucking twerp.

Yes, he is. And I would certainly like for our Government to find a way to deal with him. But, the one who stole the information.... he's an American. He should face charges of treason. And.... assuming he is found guilty.... he should be executed.

And of course you feel this way about Valerie Plame's identity as a CIA spy being exposed. Correct? Just hang umm!!!

Forum List

Back