Am I alone in thinking wikileaks is a GOOD thing?

Sorry, that doesn't actually cut it with this one. The information was illegally obtained - stolen from the US Government. If I steal something from you and sell it to someone else who knows it is stolen... I am guilty of stealing it and whoever buys it is guilty too. Same thing with information. Disseminating that information falls within the US Espionage laws.

BS... this is information that has no come into the public domain...doesn't even pass the giggle test IMo...

Don't ever remember when your opinion was worth a fuck.

Nor yours...shrug...

1) The person who took the 'secrets' is the one responsible for the 'crime', not the person publishing it (unless they are one and the same, but in this case, it is not so)
2) And when you look back on that 'classified' shit, was it really that classified, or was it made classified as some BS excuse to cover your arse for doing something, or being somewhere, that the US has no business being (think Central America in the 1980s)...

if i steal something and give it to you... and you know that the goods are stolen, you are committing a crime as well if you keep those goods.

here, he knows he's publishing classified information stolen by someone.

he's as guilty of espionage as the person who gave him the info, imo.

That reasoning was the position the NYTimes took with Climategate emails. Guess they found a different standard for the Wikileaks.

And of course? National security? Sure...sell it to the highest bidder.

You cannot equate climategate to this. Climategate doesn't rate in the reprcussions this will have.

Good luck proving that....

I don't have to. Eric Holder does. See how that works? He's top puppy at Justice. His call. And... the President, of course. Obama has a great opportunity here to show some backbone and go after America's enemies.

And from what I understand? He's pissed off about this. ONE thing I agree with him on.

Correction. According to Gibbs, Obama is not pissed off, he is merely "not pleased".

Really? Then all anyone who ever gets caught breaking into a government facility or computer has to do is claim he is the Press, and he gains absolution?

Wow.

No, if someone gets caught breaking into a facility or computer, he should be arrested. But the NY Times or the NY Post can't be prosecuted for printing the information later.

Scuze me. They received STOLEN INFORMATION, and knowingly published said STOLEN INFORMATION. They are accomplices after the fact to the theft.

Yeah, it doesn't work like that. Corporate whistleblowers are "stealing" information too. That's the role that the media should play.

Aren't you guys the ones who always trash the Media for being in bed with Obama? Now you're arguing that the government should shut them down for NOT towing the company line...

1) The person who took the 'secrets' is the one responsible for the 'crime', not the person publishing it (unless they are one and the same, but in this case, it is not so)
2) And when you look back on that 'classified' shit, was it really that classified, or was it made classified as some BS excuse to cover your arse for doing something, or being somewhere, that the US has no business being (think Central America in the 1980s)...

if i steal something and give it to you... and you know that the goods are stolen, you are committing a crime as well if you keep those goods.

here, he knows he's publishing classified information stolen by someone.

he's as guilty of espionage as the person who gave him the info, imo.

That reasoning was the position the NYTimes took with Climategate emails. Guess they found a different standard for the Wikileaks.

That's true. It's actually funny. They even sent leaks off to the WH so that they could get their blessing before publishing them. What a joke.

No, if someone gets caught breaking into a facility or computer, he should be arrested. But the NY Times or the NY Post can't be prosecuted for printing the information later.

Scuze me. They received STOLEN INFORMATION, and knowingly published said STOLEN INFORMATION. They are accomplices after the fact to the theft.

Yeah, it doesn't work like that. Corporate whistleblowers are "stealing" information too. That's the role that the media should play.

Aren't you guys the ones who always trash the Media for being in bed with Obama? Now you're arguing that the government should shut them down for NOT towing the company line...

See the emboldened part? You lose. It doesn't rate either with this.

Thanks for playing.

If Assange had uncovered something Unconsitutional being done by the government, then he could have reported on that. Instead, he has just spewed into the public domain hundreds of thousands of confidential documents.

What noble cause is he serving by this stunt?

I don't have to. Eric Holder does. See how that works? He's top puppy at Justice. His call. And... the President, of course. Obama has a great opportunity here to show some backbone and go after America's enemies.

And from what I understand? He's pissed off about this. ONE thing I agree with him on.

Correction. According to Gibbs, Obama is not pissed off, he is merely "not pleased".

Strong words from a strong leader.

:lmao:

Thanks for playing.

There's no such thing as a "little bit" of censorship.

The Fourth Estate has become the Fifth Column, nobody's watch-dogging our government.... This makes them not only careless but also more corrupt. Wikileaks is providing a valuable service that the US Press abandoned. I have donated and I urge everyone else to do so.

Cuss and discuss.....

Problem is it's making Obamer look really bad now.

Wonder how he's gonna spin this shit-ball.

And sad little you is congenitally unable to excel at anything..

Except kicking your arse from pillar to post...but then again my eight year old could...:cool:

It's sad that a major part of your fantasy life is comprised of your imaginary ass kicking of total strangers on a message board geared towards a country in which you do not even reside.

I can only assume that you have already offended everyone in the twee little place you claim as your abode.

Cool, remind me of that next time somebody attempts to the blow the whistle on Big Tobacco, or the likes of Erin Brokovich, or those fools who run those private armies in Iraq, or any one of a dozen other examples where without whistle blowers there would be no accountability.

this isn't whistleblowing.... it's espionage. whistleblowing is "the generals are discriminating against so-and-so and are mistreating a certain class of people... or stealing from the govt... or hiding c-rations... or torturing prisoners.

big tobacco isn't responsible for our security. our diplomatic services are and there's a fine line between candor and an intentional effort to sabotage our diplomatic efforts. we're not talking about iran-contra or some type of illegality or corruption.

Has he given away US troop movements? No
Where you nukes are stored? No
Where you Atlantic and Pacific fleets are positioned? NO
Passwords to sensitive military installations? No

This is just conservative shills wanting their pound of flesh.

do you think it helps or hinders diplomatic efforts for the fact that the saudis are ok with israel taking out iran to be made public? do you think that helps the saudis work with us?

do you think it's helpful to have pakistan know that we don't trust its nuclear capability? it's one thing for them to suspect... it's another for them to know.

I for one am now glad that it is ALMOST an indisputable fact that certain Saudi businesses fund AQ. I think the vast majority of people suspected it, but now it looks like a fact. I hope Obama does something about THAT, which is far more important that some dude releasing MEMOS - that's right folks MEMOS - not freaking state secrets - to the media.

You all need to get a grip - seriously - I feel like I'm in an episode of the Bold and the Beautiful with the about of DQ's on this thread.

we already knew that the saudis funded AQ.. .

and i assume that obama already knew it, too. it didn't require this guy's release of stolen documents to confirm it.

The Fourth Estate has become the Fifth Column, nobody's watch-dogging our government.... This makes them not only careless but also more corrupt. Wikileaks is providing a valuable service that the US Press abandoned. I have donated and I urge everyone else to do so.

Cuss and discuss.....

Problem is it's making Obamer look really bad now.

Wonder how he's gonna spin this shit-ball.

:lol:like he just did, ignore it.

:alcoholic:Holy shit! I think there is about 5 conversations going on in this thread at the same time. :alcoholic:

Thanks for playing.

There's no such thing as a "little bit" of censorship.

Uhmm dumbass...with state secrets that affect our security? Let me take a SWAG...but you think selling out the security of this nation is a good thing?

Ever heard of the ROSENBURGS?

Last edited:
It's sad that a major part of your fantasy life is comprised of your imaginary ass kicking of total strangers on a message board geared towards a country in which you do not even reside.

I can only assume that you have already offended everyone in the twee little place you claim as your abode.

It's not a fantasy - that's your mindset...it's a fact..

As for where I live, that piss weak argument comes out EVERY TIME I'm kicking a neocon whackjobs arse....nothing new there....

Forum List

Back