Am I alone in thinking wikileaks is a GOOD thing?

so I am trying to catch up here, you think that nothing should be done to those that took the data?

To Wikileaks? Not a thing.

To the person who actually took the data? Depends. If the person or persons had signed some sort of document that says they are strictly forbidden from selling or releasing the information, then that becomes an employment issue and they should face the music....

Problem is it's making Obamer look really bad now.

Wonder how he's gonna spin this shit-ball.

it isn't making president obama (note the spelling) look anything...

sorry to disappoint you.

Actually it is. It's his ball...what will be telling is if he directs DOJ to persue all avenues to squelch this and go after the perps AND the disseminator(s). -Or NOT-

We will see in light the world is really watching now.

[

1. Both are equally guilty. It's espionage.

2. It's not about the actual information. It is about the damage that the release of ANY confidential information. It will make other countries less likely to share information with us and that puts American lives at risk.

Not rocket science.

I disagree. I don't think it would meet the definition of espionage as described by you in a previous post.

I don't see how it puts American lives any more at risk than they already are. I have certain opinions about most countries as have you. None of those opinions have changed after finding out about these documents. What makes you think anybody else's would have?

so I am trying to catch up here, you think that nothing should be done to those that took the data?

To the person who actually took the data? Depends. If the person or persons had signed some sort of document that says they are strictly forbidden from selling or releasing the information, then that becomes an employment issue and they should face the music....

Wikileaks is disseminating data. What agenda does the seller to wiki have?

Lets see, I held a TS security clearance. My wife still to this day does not know about some of the places I went and why. And why? Because it was classified. Now, what if I wrote her a letter about all those places and things that I was involved in? What the hell is the difference? The difference is that I would be telling my spouse who since she doesn't have a clearance I would have been in deep shit and spent some time behind bars. But if a News Paper prints it for the world to see then the first amendment comes into play? I don't think so.

1) The person who took the 'secrets' is the one responsible for the 'crime', not the person publishing it (unless they are one and the same, but in this case, it is not so)
2) And when you look back on that 'classified' shit, was it really that classified, or was it made classified as some BS excuse to cover your arse for doing something, or being somewhere, that the US has no business being (think Central America in the 1980s)...

1. Both are equally guilty. It's espionage.

2. It's not about the actual information. It is about the damage that the release of ANY confidential information. It will make other countries less likely to share information with us and that puts American lives at risk.

Not rocket science.

Apparently it is rocket science to Grumpalupagus. He buys into the nonsense that claiming to be The Press gives the claimee carte blanche to violate the law.

And of course, a sense of ETHICS is absolutely beyond his worldview.

He might be a republican sympathizer trying to hurt the Obama Administration that just froze his wages.

And therein lies the rub. I have no idea...

hummm, wow. okay, let me put it this way; I am tasked with being a security officer that patrols your neighborhood, I see something while checking on an alarm in your home, a valuable figurine, I take it.

I then give it to an art dealer who is fully aware of its provenance and that it doesn't belong to me, he keeps it, sells it, whatever.

So the art dealer has done nothing wrong?

I have no idea...

Finally, a moment of unexpected self-awareness on the part of Grumpalupagus.

I admit it if I am unaware of a subject matter. In fact, I stay well away from subjects I am not au fait with. Pity you can't say the same. Then again, if you did meet that standard your post count would be lucky to reach 10...and if they got rid of the "What are you listening to Now" thread, you post count would more likely be a big, fat donut---- a bit like your arse...

Last edited:
hummm, wow. okay, let me put it this way; I am tasked with being a security officer that patrols your neighborhood, I see something while checking on an alarm in your home, a valuable figurine, I take it.

I then give it to an art dealer who is fully aware of its provenance and that it doesn't belong to me, he keeps it, sells it, whatever.

It is called receiving stolen goods.

Has Wiki been charged? Why or why not?

He might be a republican sympathizer trying to hurt the Obama Administration that just froze his wages.

But there's nothing in there that hurts Obama. Most of this took place during Bush's term didn't it?

I have no idea...

I admit it if I am unaware of a subject matter. In fact, I stay well away from subjects I am not au fait with. Pity you can't say the same. Then again, if you did meet that standard your post count would be lucky to reach 10...and if they got rid of the "What are you listening to Now" thread, you post count would more likely be a big, fat donut---- a bit like your arse...

Don't get so pissy when you don't know something.

Don't get so pissy when you don't know something.

I'm not.

It is called receiving stolen goods.

Has Wiki been charged? Why or why not?

okay. but you just said to "wiki not a thing"....??:eusa_eh:

I don't know why not. ...why, I think is obvious.

okay. but you just said to "wiki not a thing"....??:eusa_eh:

I don't know why not. ...why, I think is obvious.

I disagree that your examples hold the same merit. There are different shades grey in law, which is why there are so many different grades of a law. In the US you have capital/first degree murder, second degree murder, manslaughter, vehicular manslaughter - I could go on.

There are many shades of grey. What if a Russian news agency published details in a Russian magazine that showed the world that the country's long term plan was to annex Alaska under the premise that the land should never have been sold to the US in the first place? It turns out that a Russian soldier gave out the info. Is he a hero or a villian in the eyes of Americans? Should he be shot or feted?

Forum List

Back