AMAZING! The ACLU backs Trump on throwing the TRASH out of his events!

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
nytimes.com/ ^ | MARCH 13, 2016 | ALAN RAPPEPORT and MAGGIE HABERMAN
While Mr. Trump complains that protesters are violating his First Amendment rights, many of his critics wonder about their own ability to speak out. At a Trump campaign event held at Valdosta State University in Georgia last month, several black students complained to the police that they did not understand why they were kicked out. Lee Rowland, an attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union, said that because campaign events are considered “political theater,” candidates who rent event spaces have the right to disinvite anyone they choose. Those who resist could be charged with trespassing.

While I find myself always differing with the ACLU on matters concerning separation of church-and-state, on other issues it's usually 50-50.
This is one of those where I agree with them

While I find myself always differing with the ACLU on matters concerning separation of church-and-state, on other issues it's usually 50-50.
Even a blind squirrel finds an occasional acorn.

About where I am. I think they go overboard on Church and State issues...but I realize my bias as a Christian affects my opinion. Most of the time on other issues, I find myself agreeing more that disagreeing.

It breaks down to an old civil liberties question: If given two parties and one venue, who rights are being violated? Those who rented the venue to speak their minds. Or those that crash the venue to speak in opposition?

An easy question, yes?

Forum List

Back