America - a country SO FREE one gets tickets for not wearing seat belt!

pvsi

VIP Member
Nov 17, 2013
America is a free land indeed. over the last month, on two separate occasions both my father and my wife got ticketed for not wearing a seat belt. I managed to put mine on before the cop approached the vehicle. On my banking statement I have a cleared check in which I wrote in the "for" section "highway robbery by cops" - these people have NO SHAME. I got stopped for missing a stop sign few weeks ago. my father got stopped yesterday for simply not wearing a seat belt. I just don't remember people in USSR getting tickets for not wearing seat belts, and there WERE seat belts in cars. Now let's talk about Hitler, the biggest oppressor under whose rule all German people could afford to take cruise vacations.

EDIT: THIS is the guy who gave me a ticket for no seat belt: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b54_1403982030

Last edited:
Why aren't you wearing your seat belt? And how do you go from "my wife got a ticket for not wearing a seat belt" to "let's talk about Hitler"?

"Highway robbery by cops" on your bank statement.
Way to sock it to The Man, big fulla.

America is a free land indeed. over the last month, on two separate occasions both my father and my wife got ticketed for not wearing a seat belt. I managed to put mine on before the cop approached the vehicle. On my banking statement I have a cleared check in which I wrote in the "for" section "highway robbery by cops" - these people have NO SHAME. I got stopped for missing a stop sign few weeks ago. my father got stopped yesterday for simply not wearing a seat belt. I just don't remember people in USSR getting tickets for not wearing seat belts, and there WERE seat belts in cars. Now let's talk about Hitler, the biggest oppressor under whose rule all German people could afford to take cruise vacations.

There is no 'right' to drive a car, and the state is at liberty to enact necessary and proper traffic laws, where such measures in no way 'restrict freedom.'

The premise of your post is ridiculous.

Don't like seatbelt laws?

Blame the insurance companies. They're the ones behind them.

Driving a car in the US is not a "right", just like "Marriage" is not a "right" and voting is not a "right".

Why aren't you wearing your seat belt? And how do you go from "my wife got a ticket for not wearing a seat belt" to "let's talk about Hitler"?
You have to read the entire post, not just the sound bites to see the connection.

Come on, we have total freedom of choice in this country. Well, as long as what you choose is in agreement with what government thinks you should do. Government has become something that we fear, which means we are way off track.

You still suck at driving a car. I have not been pulled over in 20 years

Last edited:

Who is your insurance company? I want to make sure that my premium is not going to go for paying your claims.

Seat belt law = Hitler (slaughtered millions of Jews and others, started WWII). Got it...
Started Iraq war, funded Bin Laden and ISIS, Vietnam war, cold war, caused the banking crisis and great depression in America, 2008 meltdown, just to name a few more.

The whole purpose of passing seat belt laws was to create another violation that can be used to raise more revenue for the local governments.

Forum List

Back