America again does dismally on world wide intelligence test

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
As the last paragraph implies (but hasn't the guts to boldly state), america's problem is all the blacks and hispanics that drag us down. Diversity destroys.

US adults score below average on worldwide test - WTOP.com

10/8/2013

WASHINGTON (AP) -- It's long been known that America's school kids haven't measured well compared with international peers. Now, there's a new twist: Adults don't either.

In math, reading and problem-solving using technology -- all skills considered critical for global competitiveness and economic strength -- American adults scored below the international average on a global test, according to results released Tuesday.

Adults in Japan, Canada, Australia, Finland and multiple other countries scored significantly higher than the United States in all three areas on the test. Beyond basic reading and math, respondents were tested on activities such as calculating mileage reimbursement due to a salesman, sorting email and comparing food expiration dates on grocery store tags

America's school kids have historically scored low on international assessment tests compared to other countries, which is often blamed on the diversity of the population and the high number of immigrants. Also, achievement tests have long shown that a large chunk of the U.S. student population lacks basic reading and math skills -- most pronounced among low-income and minority students.

Look at our Commander In Chump and the idiots who selected him.
That explains a lot.

• Banned
On all standardized tests we get the same result. Whites and asians at the top and then hispanics and then blacks. Blacks always at the bottom.

The strong performance of asians proves that the tests are NOT culturally biased as the liberals always tell us.

Of course American minority students will score low on problem solving. They are taught from infancy that their problems are someone else's fault, they can't solve it themselves, and white people have to come save them.

Not sure this is quite as dire as threadstarter implies.

The survey wasn't "world wide" it was only 24 countries (all relatively developed) none from Africa, none from South Asia, Central or South America.

Further the US wasn't really "dismal" it was about avg:

10y2jyg.jpg

Last edited:
America again does dismally on world wide intelligence test

Maybe they should have let someone besides you take the test, ya think?

This thread should be merged with this one down in the rubbery room. Where all the walls are nice and padded.

• Banned

The survey wasn't "world wide" it was only 24 countries (all relatively developed) none from Africa, none from South Asia, Central or South America.

]

For a country that calls itself exceptional and the only super-power, avg is dismal.

And how can you test africans or hondurans when nobody there can even read? THINK

Resident Minorities have been trained by liberals that they are owed, so they do not feel the need to compete.

Recent Asian arrivals do not come here with their palms out like the resident minorities, and Hispanic arrivals.
Asians in fact are showing everyone how far you can go when you work hard academically.

]

For a country that calls itself exceptional and the only super-power, avg is dismal.

And how can you test africans or hondurans when nobody there can even read? THINK

Not "think" but another verb...

:dig:

As the last paragraph implies (but hasn't the guts to boldly state), america's problem is all the blacks and hispanics that drag us down. Diversity destroys.

10/8/2013

WASHINGTON (AP) -- It's long been known that America's school kids haven't measured well compared with international peers. Now, there's a new twist: Adults don't either.

In math, reading and problem-solving using technology -- all skills considered critical for global competitiveness and economic strength -- American adults scored below the international average on a global test, according to results released Tuesday.

Adults in Japan, Canada, Australia, Finland and multiple other countries scored significantly higher than the United States in all three areas on the test. Beyond basic reading and math, respondents were tested on activities such as calculating mileage reimbursement due to a salesman, sorting email and comparing food expiration dates on grocery store tags

America's school kids have historically scored low on international assessment tests compared to other countries, which is often blamed on the diversity of the population and the high number of immigrants. Also, achievement tests have long shown that a large chunk of the U.S. student population lacks basic reading and math skills -- most pronounced among low-income and minority students.

Hey @shiteater! Why don't you move to Japan for a couple years? Help us out in the rankings a bit?

WOW Color me shocked.

You mean our socialized public education system isn't turning out Einstein's???

I don't really get excited when someone tells me that we've done 'poorly' when compared to other countries. And here's the reason why. Ask a 12 year old in my neck of the woods why you don't shower BEFORE going to hunt deer and they can probably tell you. Or why you're rifle should be parkarized instead of blued. Or how many clicks to adjust if the rifle shot is two inches below center at 100 yards. Or why you want a diesel instead of a gas pickup if you're living on a ranch. Even why you till a row across a hill instead of with the slope. He'll know the difference between a long ton and a short ton, but couldn't care less about some of the other things on your list.

There are many, many things that are important to different sections of the country. It is useless for someone to know about train schedules or mileage compensation from Oklahoma. We have one Amtrak train that runs through Oklahoma once a week. It only stops in Oklahoma City. In a large urban area such as New York City, you might need to know about some of these things.

I've never understood the desire to compare us to the 'rest of the world.' We aren't anything like them. At least not around here. I'm sure their nice folk, but if they don't know what the gear ratio of a John Deere tractor is, not too much help to me.

Resident Minorities have been trained by liberals that they are owed, so they do not feel the need to compete.

The real reason blacks don't even try to do well adademically is because they know they are mentally inferior. You can't lose if you don't play the game.

I don't really get excited when someone tells me that we've done 'poorly' when compared to other countries. And here's the reason why. Ask a 12 year old in my neck of the woods why you don't shower BEFORE going to hunt deer and they can probably tell you. Or why you're rifle should be parkarized instead of blued. Or how many clicks to adjust if the rifle shot is two inches below center at 100 yards. Or why you want a diesel instead of a gas pickup if you're living on a ranch. Even why you till a row across a hill instead of with the slope. He'll know the difference between a long ton and a short ton, but couldn't care less about some of the other things on your list.

There are many, many things that are important to different sections of the country. It is useless for someone to know about train schedules or mileage compensation from Oklahoma. We have one Amtrak train that runs through Oklahoma once a week. It only stops in Oklahoma City. In a large urban area such as New York City, you might need to know about some of these things.

I've never understood the desire to compare us to the 'rest of the world.' We aren't anything like them. At least not around here. I'm sure their nice folk, but if they don't know what the gear ratio of a John Deere tractor is, not too much help to me.

Hey einsteiin. Do you know what century this is.?

10/8/2013

Not necessarily. In the UK we do pretty poorly as well. I just heard the UK came 21 & 22 out of 24 OECD nations wrt. numeracy and literacy. Proportionally we don't have as many blacks as the US does, but we do have plenty of (south) Asians, who, like Chinese Asians, surpass whites academically. Seems to me the problem in the English speaking world has less to do with race, and more to do with the aspirations engendered by the inane pop culture we live in - (Simon Cowell is Satan).

Hey einsteiin. Do you know what century this is.?

Hey Flintstooooone. Do you know what planet this is?

So really you kind of mislead with your thread title, we're open to your own personal interpretation of what dismal is and your own definition of "world wide" that was actually somewhat limited in scope.

Most people in Africa and Honduras can read. LEARN, you're bringing our scores down with your ignorance.

Forum List

Back