America again does dismally on world wide intelligence test

The real reason blacks don't even try to do well adademically is because they know they are mentally inferior. You can't lose if you don't play the game.
Your academic qualifications would be?

Someone who thinks nobody in Honduras (80% literacy rate) can read can't be very well educated.

Resident Minorities have been trained by liberals that they are owed, so they do not feel the need to compete.

The real reason blacks don't even try to do well adademically is because they know they are mentally inferior. You can't lose if you don't play the game.

Is that why you still refuse to tell us anything about your educational accomplishments?

As the last paragraph implies (but hasn't the guts to boldly state), america's problem is all the blacks and hispanics that drag us down. Diversity destroys.

US adults score below average on worldwide test - WTOP.com

10/8/2013

WASHINGTON (AP) -- It's long been known that America's school kids haven't measured well compared with international peers. Now, there's a new twist: Adults don't either.

In math, reading and problem-solving using technology -- all skills considered critical for global competitiveness and economic strength -- American adults scored below the international average on a global test, according to results released Tuesday.

Adults in Japan, Canada, Australia, Finland and multiple other countries scored significantly higher than the United States in all three areas on the test. Beyond basic reading and math, respondents were tested on activities such as calculating mileage reimbursement due to a salesman, sorting email and comparing food expiration dates on grocery store tags

America's school kids have historically scored low on international assessment tests compared to other countries, which is often blamed on the diversity of the population and the high number of immigrants. Also, achievement tests have long shown that a large chunk of the U.S. student population lacks basic reading and math skills -- most pronounced among low-income and minority students.

If only we could ship fox and other low info sources to our enemies. We would soar to the top in a flash.

Until then, we need to at least encourage the rw's to keep a supply of tin foil on hand at all times.

Note to OP - Did you even LOOK at your own source?

America again does dismally on world wide intelligence test

Right. No test needed just look at the government we've elected.

Not sure this is quite as dire as threadstarter implies.

The survey wasn't "world wide" it was only 24 countries (all relatively developed) none from Africa, none from South Asia, Central or South America.

Further the US wasn't really "dismal" it was about avg:

10y2jyg.jpg

What's so damn funny and annoying is that rw's get all glassy eyed and snippy if you mention education.

I mean, we don't need a bunch of elitists running things, right?

Mention teaching 2nd and 3rd languages in school and you'll get screeching about English Only yadda yadda. Meanwhile, other countries teach several languages starting with very young kids. Reason? They want their kids to be able to compete on the world stage. We just want people who can supersize the order for fries.

We're practically a bedroom community for China and India is working to leave us in the dust as well. Meanwhile, the rw's bitch about feeding kids decent meals at school.

Can't we find some way to ship the damn backward right off to another planet? Or get them to secede? Look at the money we'd save in food stamps and welfare.

For a country that calls itself exceptional and the only super-power, avg is dismal.
So really you kind of mislead with your thread title, we're open to your own personal interpretation of what dismal is and your own definition of "world wide" that was actually somewhat limited in scope.

And how can you test africans or hondurans when nobody there can even read? THINK
Most people in Africa and Honduras can read. LEARN, you're bringing our scores down with your ignorance.

And, most are at least bi-lingual.

Hey, ShootSpeeders, how many languages do you speak?

One of the problems is that the US is competing against nations that contain for the most part a stable and homogeneous society. The US harbors more illegal foreign speaking criminal aliens than most of the entire population of Scandinavian countries. The inner city Black population that has been ruined by half a century of democrat plantation agenda is another factor. Thanks to LBJ's great society, poverty pimps are rich and hip-hop criminals are rich but Black women are mired in 70% illegitimate birth rate. The federal Dept of Education is a gigantic bureaucracy that employs more drones than teachers and thanks to federal education programs American kids feel good about themselves regardless of how ignorant they are.

"What's so damn funny and annoying is that rw's get all glassy eyed and snippy if you mention education."

Exposure to education doesn't equal intelligence or there wouldn't be so many highly educated idiots around. Obama and Kerry are fine examples.

As the last paragraph implies (but hasn't the guts to boldly state), america's problem is all the blacks and hispanics that drag us down. Diversity destroys.

US adults score below average on worldwide test - WTOP.com

10/8/2013

WASHINGTON (AP) -- It's long been known that America's school kids haven't measured well compared with international peers. Now, there's a new twist: Adults don't either.

In math, reading and problem-solving using technology -- all skills considered critical for global competitiveness and economic strength -- American adults scored below the international average on a global test, according to results released Tuesday.

Adults in Japan, Canada, Australia, Finland and multiple other countries scored significantly higher than the United States in all three areas on the test. Beyond basic reading and math, respondents were tested on activities such as calculating mileage reimbursement due to a salesman, sorting email and comparing food expiration dates on grocery store tags

America's school kids have historically scored low on international assessment tests compared to other countries, which is often blamed on the diversity of the population and the high number of immigrants. Also, achievement tests have long shown that a large chunk of the U.S. student population lacks basic reading and math skills -- most pronounced among low-income and minority students.

If only we could ship fox and other low info sources to our enemies. We would soar to the top in a flash.

Until then, we need to at least encourage the rw's to keep a supply of tin foil on hand at all times.

Liberal public schools are failing.
Home schooled students are thriving.
It's all the fault of the RWs.
You fucking retard!!
Unions and liberals.
There's your culprits.
Deal with it!!
My kids will be home schooled.

Did you?

The test was developed and released by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, which is made up of mostly industrialized member countries. The Education Department's Center for Education Statistics participated.

Education Secretary Arne Duncan said in a statement the nation needs to find ways to reach more adults to upgrade their skills

The Education Department concludes that it needs more funding based on a test in which the Education Department participated.

:eusa_whistle:

Shocking.

For a country that calls itself exceptional and the only super-power, avg is dismal.

Maybe exceptional at achieving results.:eusa_whistle: Personally, I don't trust intelligence or even knowledge tests, there are too many different types of intelligence, thus, they're too easy to skew, like global warming formulae. Then there's the cultural bias against knowledge.

It's easy to tell just how stupid we are by all the right wing posts on this board.

It's easy to tell just how stupid we are by all the right wing posts on this board.

That comment assumes that right wingers are dumber by default, which is a biased statement made without recourse to evidence. Look at the trouble our country is in brought on by Democrats (e.g. the income tax, Social Security, the War on Drugs, economy killing taxes, racism, segregation, the War on Poverty, the Great Society, Medicare, the Vietnam War [not to defend Nixon but inheriting it is different than starting it], Lyndon Johnson [worst, most corrupt president ever], Jimmy Carter [third worst president ever], John C. Calhoun [worst vice-president ever, though not the dumbest], the sub-prime mortgage crisis scheme, President Obama [the most corrupt president without relying on assassination....that we know of], and the coup de grâce, if it is indeed implemented, Obamare.

I'd mention the national debt, but Republicans are almost as much to blame for that.

Last edited:
I don't really get excited when someone tells me that we've done 'poorly' when compared to other countries. And here's the reason why. Ask a 12 year old in my neck of the woods why you don't shower BEFORE going to hunt deer and they can probably tell you. Or why you're rifle should be parkarized instead of blued. Or how many clicks to adjust if the rifle shot is two inches below center at 100 yards. Or why you want a diesel instead of a gas pickup if you're living on a ranch. Even why you till a row across a hill instead of with the slope. He'll know the difference between a long ton and a short ton, but couldn't care less about some of the other things on your list.

There are many, many things that are important to different sections of the country. It is useless for someone to know about train schedules or mileage compensation from Oklahoma. We have one Amtrak train that runs through Oklahoma once a week. It only stops in Oklahoma City. In a large urban area such as New York City, you might need to know about some of these things.

I've never understood the desire to compare us to the 'rest of the world.' We aren't anything like them. At least not around here. I'm sure their nice folk, but if they don't know what the gear ratio of a John Deere tractor is, not too much help to me.

Hey einsteiin. Do you know what century this is.?

I know exactly what century this is. Do YOU have any clue how ridiculous it is to hold people in different sections of this country to the same standards? We don't live like those on the coasts (thank the dear Lord for that), although the left does love to group people together so they can be easily classified. And don't make fun of ranchers and farmers with your mouth full and your belly hanging over your belt.

My son went to college and he did HORRIBLE. He was in danger of being kicked out and absolutely hated it. It created such a rift between us because of course like any parent, I thought that he had to go to make something of himself. Then I met a man who was a counselor at one of the Vocational Schools we have. My son came home and went to Vo Tech. He took welding just to see if he liked it and BAM! He was not only incredible at it, but he loved it. He graduated and could have started working then as a welder, but he wanted more. So I sent him to an advanced welding school here in Tulsa for a year. There were a dozen companies lined up to sign him when he graduated.

He now welds in places that I really don't want to know about it's so dangerous and he has every certification that he can have. He easily makes several hundred thousand a year and can write his own ticket. Every pipeline and oil company from around the world has tried to lure him away from his current employer. Even when he takes vacation, companies contact him for short jobs for an obscene amount of money. He took three weeks vacation and jetted off to Alaska (at their expense) where he made more in one single week than I make in 6 months. He then went moose hunting while he was up there and it was paid for as part of his trip.

He belongs to the only union in this country that specializes in pipeline welders and it's here in Tulsa. He's a registered Democrat, but he's the bluest of the blue dogs. We agree more than we disagree and I am VERY proud of him. He wouldn't have the first clue about mileage compensation and could care less. BUT, you want to know how many amps and what rod to use to weld a pressure vessel together that is going to contain 100 psi, he is your man. He also KNOWs why you don't shower before a deer hunt, because I taught him why. AND he knows the gear ratio of our John Deere.

It's men like my son who literally build this nation. Your test doesn't mean squat...

Most people in Africa and Honduras can read. LEARN, you're bringing our scores down with your ignorance.

No they can't. Even in america very few blacks or mestizos can read. They graduate from HS because of affirmative action grading.

Forum List

Back