America has grown soft, weak & sissified since 2006.

We have become a nation of the neurotic. Suddenly we realize that the world is a dark and dangerous place. There are germs out there. We need to be protected from them. There are people who don't like us. If we can just get them to like us, they won't hurt us. Give them whatever they want. Don't hurt their feelings. Maybe they will leave us alone.

Yes, we are weak and pussified. Those are the bravest among us.

The OP sounds like some old granny whining just like old grannies have always whined and wrung their hands.

America is a great country, warts and all, just like it's always been. Don't believe the nasty things about it that Republicans and terrorists say.

Starting wars and blowing up volatile tensions is not a good idea.
Unless you have trillions to pay for the wars that you start.

We are so god damn affraid to offend each other that we walk on egg shellsand pretend that being sheltered rather than outgoing is normal.

It's been a long process, we didn't get here overnight. We're certainly turning into a feelings-based society, pumping our kids full of phony "self esteem" and then wondering why they underperform, creating Certified Victim Groups (CVG's), coddling them, and then wondering why it's taking so long for them to advance, leveraging political correctness to protect against anyone from a CVG from being "offended", and wondering why relations between groups never gets better...

Meh.

A couple of years ago I came to the conclusion that it is what it is, and there's nothing I can do about it. So we've raised our kids to be strong, intelligent, honest and independent and we'll just hope for the best for them. I think they'll do fine, and that's my top priority. I'm good with that.

Spilt milk.

This country is finished. I never thought I would say that. But many events have come together to persuade me of that. Obama's re election is just one. There was no way he should have won. Instead there were about five cities that gave him the victory. In each city there was a large population of welfare class inner city people who turned out to vote, flipping the state and the election to Obama. When welfare class voters determine who the president is, we're done. We have seen enormous increases in regulations and regulators. They strangle business at all levels and cost enormous amounts of money. We will never get back to full employment. Our GDP growth rate is atrocious, the worst of any recovery on record. The combination of low growth and high structural unemployment is consistent with Euro-style sclerosis. In that environment we cannot maintain our military, thus we are weak throughout the world.
It is very sad and it will not change. It is not like the malaise of Carter's era. A Reagan could never get elected today.

Chicago was most definitely one of those cities. Illinois is bluer than blue, county by county.

Regarding GDP, one of the very few shining bright spots in this entire economy is oil and gas development. And how are those industries recognized? With a $40+ billion tax bill that is resident in Obama's proposed budget.

Ass backwards this nation has become. Where are the Jedi when we need them. :D

I agree with a personal softness.50% of the country wants government to provide for all their needs.
Half the country wants government to "take care of them."

Last edited:
You could try turning off your television set completely.

And about "coddling those terrorists" - that's in the constitution. If you don't like it, then I suggest you write your congresscritter and ask that he/she present bills to repeal the Fourth, Fifth and Sixth amendments.

We were once a nation to be respected and feared. A nation that wasn't afraid to drop big ass bombs on cities to CREATE peace. Now we cower and bow down to all manner of other nations, both friendly and foe.

Worse than that we've grown weak internally. As now we are just as content to sue our neighbors rather than wait for or accept their apology.

Then we have gov't trying to manage our personal lives like Donald Fucking Trump on a real estate deal.

Our children watch vile cartoons on the cartoon network and comedy channel and think that it's ok to act out what they see. We have utter filth on tv EVERY SINGLE NIGHT during prime time. The time when families USED to gather around the tube together.

We have an entire generation of kids killing each other over a fucking pair of Nike's or a dime bag and NO ONE tries to intervene that has any clout. And when someone on the right tries to bring it up instead of praise for being brave and facing the issue they are labeled racist or intolerant.

Businesses are being sued for once trivial bullshit and losing because we have grown into a weak society that thinks all our problems are someone elses fault.

Now we lock down entire cities over terrorism and then coddle the fuckers when we catch them. What kind of god damn signal does that send our enemies? You can kill our citizens and we'll give you 3 hots and a cot?

We are so god damn affraid to offend each other that we walk on egg shellsand pretend that being sheltered rather than outgoing is normal. Wanna start a new business? Well here's 9 miles of red tape and regulations to make sure you don't offend anyone, including that damned endangered spider in your back yard.

I am not that old and I can remember when this nation was great. When it ment something to be successful. The ambitious and daring built this country and now the weak and sissified are tearing it down.

Why am I getting the feeling that you've been sued recently? Because you seem to be really up about lawsuits.

For the record, Bombing other countries never made us great. Here's what a truly great American and War hero had to say on the subject.

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Read more at Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the... - Dwight D. Eisenhower at BrainyQuote

Wow, what a pinko, coddling commie that guy was! Didn't he know bombing shit made America great?

I agree with a personal softness.50% of the country wants government to provide for all their needs.

I don't think anyone "wants" the government to take care of them.

I think they just need for them to do so because big businesses cheat employees at every oppurtunity.

Don't complain about messes you create. If too many people are dependent on government, it's because the right has made them so.

PS. I am completely sober. If you are too much of a coward to address the content of the post just say so.

You write the silly nonsense you write and insist you are completely sober? I believe you.

Let's give gramps a little bit of credit. He is bringing up what he considers legitimate concerns.

The problem is he sees symptoms as causes...

Let's look at this little screed.

Then we have gov't trying to manage our personal lives like Donald Fucking Trump on a real estate deal.

Our children watch vile cartoons on the cartoon network and comedy channel and think that it's ok to act out what they see. We have utter filth on tv EVERY SINGLE NIGHT during prime time. The time when families USED to gather around the tube together.

We have an entire generation of kids killing each other over a fucking pair of Nike's or a dime bag and NO ONE tries to intervene that has any clout. And when someone on the right tries to bring it up instead of praise for being brave and facing the issue they are labeled racist or intolerant.

You see the problem here? He criticizes the "decay" of good moral society (seen through those rose colored glasses of the past) but then exempts from accountability the big corporations that create the problem.

Who moved all the factories out of the inner cities to the third world to make those cheap-ass Nikes and turn them into a status symbol?

Who made Nike's a status symbol by paying already overpaid athletes to endorse them to start with?

When America was "great", there was a factory that made those shoes in the inner city, people were paid an okay wage to make them.

A similar argument can be made about the "filthy cartoons"... Again, who decided that was the way to go?

Someone trying to make a profit.

The Cartoon Network started out as something the kids could watch, but then someone decided they'd do better if they produced "Adult Swim" cartoons that were kind of racy.

Similarly, the network known as "The Learning Channel" started out on the premise that they could do quality educational programming just like PBS does. Today TLC is about midgets, conjoined twins, and Sarah Palin- the equivlent to a modern freak show.

The GOP response. "Let's cut PBS." Or as Mitt Romney said, "I like to be able to fire Big Bird".

So, presuming that the OP contained all true problems, do you really think these are more prevalent since 2006?

Since 1996?

Really?

After I posted it I regreted the title. My partisan side surfaced too soon. I do believe my op but you are right, it started well before 2006. When, I can't really pinpoint but the snowball affect has grown tremendously since then.

it started when people learned that they can sue for a living.

Went to BK with a classmate of mine that was a lawyers assistant (blanking on what it was actually called)

The floor was wet, so they had danger wet floor signs out.

He; Hey, wanna make a quick 3 grand?
Me; pfft, yea
He; Slip on the floor and hold your knee.
Me; what? haha
He; No really, don't worry about the signs, they don't mean shit in court. You fall, I'll sue for you, they will pay out $5 grand just to make it go away quick.

I didn't do it, but his matter of fact tone told me it would have been easy to do.

I think they just need for them to do so because big businesses cheat employees at every oppurtunity.

Don't complain about messes you create. If too many people are dependent on government, it's because the right has made them so.

total BS. Did big business start the PC crap? Where do you get the crap that businesses cheat employees "at every opportunity" ?

This crap from you is just more envy of successful people who have more than you because they got off their asses and worked for it.

you libs are a bunch of pussified morons.

Last edited:
So, presuming that the OP contained all true problems, do you really think these are more prevalent since 2006?

Since 1996?

Really?

After I posted it I regreted the title. My partisan side surfaced too soon. I do believe my op but you are right, it started well before 2006. When, I can't really pinpoint but the snowball affect has grown tremendously since then.

Went to BK with a classmate of mine that was a lawyers assistant (blanking on what it was actually called)

Me; pfft, yea
Me; what? haha
He; No really, don't worry about the signs, they don't mean shit in court. You fall, I'll sue for you, they will pay out $5 grand just to make it go away quick.

I didn't do it, but his matter of fact tone told me it would have been easy to do.

you did hit on a real problem in the US today----too many lawyers, and too many libtarded judges.

Liberals think these huge settlements for fake injuries are good because they punish big businesses. what the fools don't understand is that we all pay for those settlements in the price of everything we buy.

We were once a nation to be respected and feared. A nation that wasn't afraid to drop big ass bombs on cities to CREATE peace. Now we cower and bow down to all manner of other nations, both friendly and foe.

Worse than that we've grown weak internally. As now we are just as content to sue our neighbors rather than wait for or accept their apology.

Businesses are being sued for once trivial bullshit and losing because we have grown into a weak society that thinks all our problems are someone elses fault.

Now we lock down entire cities over terrorism and then coddle the fuckers when we catch them. What kind of god damn signal does that send our enemies? You can kill our citizens and we'll give you 3 hots and a cot?

We are so god damn affraid to offend each other that we walk on egg shellsand pretend that being sheltered rather than outgoing is normal. Wanna start a new business? Well here's 9 miles of red tape and regulations to make sure you don't offend anyone, including that damned endangered spider in your back yard.

I am not that old and I can remember when this nation was great. When it ment something to be successful. The ambitious and daring built this country and now the weak and sissified are tearing it down.

So it's OK to drop "big ass bombs" and kill hundreds of thousands of people but if our police force tries to protect its citizens from little ass bombs that blow their legs off it's called a "lock down of an entire city".

What if they had not given the shelter in place order and there had been more bombs planted by these two, as was suspected? Then you'd be ranting on here about how stupid and ineffectual our American police authorities have become to allow such a thing to happen. For two days after Hurricane Sandy our local authorities said it was not safe to try to get down my cul-de-sac to the main road because of downed live wires. Was that a police state action or were we being protected from getting fried?

No one is responding to your content because it's the blatherings of an uninformed, myopic-minded idiot.

Last edited:

Me; pfft, yea
Me; what? haha

you did hit on a real problem in the US today----too many lawyers, and too many libtarded judges.

Liberals think these huge settlements for fake injuries are good because they punish big businesses. what the fools don't understand is that we all pay for those settlements in the price of everything we buy.

You do not appear to have the slightest idea what liberals think, so you should not attempt to speculate.

Really? Seriously? Big business cheats employees more today than in the days of the sweatshop, or company towns?

[

total BS. Did big business start the PC crap? Where do you get the crap that businesses cheat employees "at every opportunity" ?

20 years of working in the private sector. I honestly wish I had made a career out of the military.

[
This crap from you is just more envy of successful people who have more than you because they got off their asses and worked for it.

you libs are a bunch of pussified morons.

I didn't see Paris Hilton working very hard.

A lot of people born on third base and thought they hit a triple.

Forum List

Back