America has grown soft, weak & sissified since 2006.

sadly, half of the country would rather vote for a living than work for a living. the last election proved that

That's utter bullshit. The last election proved that people couldn't stand Mitt Romney.

No, we finally discovered that the 47% actually do exist.
Well, this Obama voter certainly couldn't stand Romney. Because Romney never gave her a free phone.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio]Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube[/ame]

That's utter bullshit. The last election proved that people couldn't stand Mitt Romney.

No, we finally discovered that the 47% actually do exist.

Well, since liberals don't make up anywhere near 47% of the population, then a whole bunch of conservatives and moderates must be on the dole.

no, the sad truth is that a lot of conservatives and libertarians stayed home because Romney was not right enough for them. That action got them the worst possible result, a far left america hating marxist. Said another way, they shit in their hat and then put it on.

Well, this Obama voter certainly couldn't stand Romney. Because Romney never gave her a free phone.
Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube

What's an Obamaphone? Oh right, that phone program started under George W. Bush. Nevermind. My bad.

it was wrong no matter who started it and who continued it.

why do you assume that everyone who hates obama loves bush?

the bush bashing is nothing but a deflection from the massive failure that is BHO.

Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube

What's an Obamaphone? Oh right, that phone program started under George W. Bush. Nevermind. My bad.

it was wrong no matter who started it and who continued it.

why do you assume that everyone who hates obama loves bush?

the bush bashing is nothing but a deflection from the massive failure that is BHO.

It's all they've got. Point out that GDP growth has been a paltry 2% and you get "but GDP declined under BUsh!" That isn't true, of course. GDP grew steadily until the melt down. But it's all they've got.

So, presuming that the OP contained all true problems, do you really think these are more prevalent since 2006?

Since 1996?

Really?

After I posted it I regreted the title. My partisan side surfaced too soon. I do believe my op but you are right, it started well before 2006. When, I can't really pinpoint but the snowball affect has grown tremendously since then.

I would say the downward slide really started when George W. Bush announced running for the presidency. Charges of dishonesty, alcoholism, draft dodging, drunk driving, illiteracy and stupidity were thrown at him, including forgery by the low-life Democratic icon, the hypocrite, Dan Rather. It got worse when Bush got the Republican nomination and the hate was in full bloom after the debacle in Florida in 2000.

Will it ever get better? Who knows?

We were once a nation to be respected and feared. A nation that wasn't afraid to drop big ass bombs on cities to CREATE peace. Now we cower and bow down to all manner of other nations, both friendly and foe.
It's called learning. All of the praised Ameican might was useless in Iraq post Saddam. Unless you want to go around adding stars to the flag in the form of conquered States around the globe and create permanent military, social, economic, bureaucratic presences, that is what the use of force gets you...decapitated countries that we have to hand-hold until they are rehabilitated to the point to where they are not killing each other in the hundreds but only by the dozens per month.

America had learned that between Viet-Nam and Iraqi Freedom. We had Reagan and Bush I and Clinton...largely peaceful and prosperous times for many if not most.

Why you think bombing the shit out of a country that never attacked us except a few errant missiles in the no-fly zone is smart given the evidence that is right before you is the sign that you're either not thinking or thinking with the wrong male organ.

Worse than that we've grown weak internally. As now we are just as content to sue our neighbors rather than wait for or accept their apology.
On this, I'll agree with you. But you should look at the root cause; not the method. People are looking for a payday which is why they sue...it's not just done to be sadistic.

Then we have gov't trying to manage our personal lives like Donald Fucking Trump on a real estate deal.
Okay...need a road map with that one.

Our children watch vile cartoons on the cartoon network and comedy channel and think that it's ok to act out what they see. We have utter filth on tv EVERY SINGLE NIGHT during prime time. The time when families USED to gather around the tube together.
One thing that would really help in that aspect, in my view, is that you increase the deduction per child. So if you have kids at home, you get to save more of your income. Then, maybe, just maybe, ma or pa won't have to work and can stay home with the kids--be home when they get home anyway--and closely monitor their social media, their screen time, make sure they get a square meal instead of frozen pizza out of the freezer, look in and make sure they do their homework.

We have an entire generation of kids killing each other over a fucking pair of Nike's or a dime bag and NO ONE tries to intervene that has any clout. And when someone on the right tries to bring it up instead of praise for being brave and facing the issue they are labeled racist or intolerant.
Gee, and when someone on the left wants to pass background checks for sociopaths can't get machine guns, we're called facists.

Businesses are being sued for once trivial bullshit and losing because we have grown into a weak society that thinks all our problems are someone elses fault.
If businesses are responsible for injury, they should be sued. I found plastic in my salad at Potbelly Sandwich Works one time. I took it up to the manager who was working the register and told her that I wasn't going to sue but to be more careful. In my mind, I did the right thing. Had I swallowed it, you could bet that I was going to sue them.

Now we lock down entire cities over terrorism and then coddle the fuckers when we catch them. What kind of god damn signal does that send our enemies? You can kill our citizens and we'll give you 3 hots and a cot?
Yeah, why have trials when we can just shoot the suspected?

We are so god damn affraid to offend each other that we walk on egg shellsand pretend that being sheltered rather than outgoing is normal. Wanna start a new business? Well here's 9 miles of red tape and regulations to make sure you don't offend anyone, including that damned endangered spider in your back yard.
Yet businesses start nearly every day despite endangered spiders.

I am not that old and I can remember when this nation was great. When it ment something to be successful. The ambitious and daring built this country and now the weak and sissified are tearing it down.

I can remember a time when people didn't spend almost an entire day per week on a message board bitching about their business going down the tubes instead of working that day to make it better. I'm not that old either.

I agree with part of the OP. There are certain parts of modern society being "pussified". Banning dodgeball in schools? Are you freaking kidding me? We also do live in a sue happy society. Do we really need "Caution: Hot" placed on cups of coffee? I noticed recently that even my windows have warning labels. "Warning: Open Windows Can Be Dangerous".

You lost me on the part about bombing entire cities though. And then another poster mentioned Lucy and Dezi sleeping in different beds. Humanity has always been violent and sexual. If anything our entertainment is finally beginning to mirror reality.

Now nations can drop big ass bombs on our cities and that puts a different light on things. What did we win with Iraq? How long will it be until a new Saddam takes over? My solution for Saddam was to find him guilty of something and sentence him to community service, the community service being to run Iraq under American direction. Did they listen to me, no.

Now nations can drop big ass bombs on our cities and that puts a different light on things. What did we win with Iraq? How long will it be until a new Saddam takes over? My solution for Saddam was to find him guilty of something and sentence him to community service, the community service being to run Iraq under American direction. Did they listen to me, no.

yeah, we should have waged war against him and imposed strict peace terms when we won. Oops.

Really? Seriously? Big business cheats employees more today than in the days of the sweatshop, or company towns?

No, but you see, after those abuses, workers formed these things called "unions". And those things ended. And people got fair wages and good working conditions, and both parties thought that this was a good thing.

It was the golden age of America.

And now, fast foward to present day. Those Unions have grown huge. So huge, they've gained political clout and tons of arrogance. The political clout buys off the politicians in DC and the arrogance has them demanding unreasonable benefits from companies, causing said companies to encounter financial problems.

Un, not really.

The only problem businesses have is that they are too greedy and short sighted. If anything, unions have already made too many concessions.

But when you get Mitt Romney talking about how wonderful it was that a company he invested in in China had 120 Chinese babes using a single bathroom, crowded into a dormitory, and they had to used barbed wire to keep people out...

I'm just wondering what concessions you think working folks would have to make to satiate that level of greed.

[

so your employers cheated you "at every opportunity" really? sounds like you picked the wrong people to work for, and if they cheated their employees at every opportunity, how did they stay in business?

Most of them didn't. First company I worked for getting out of the military went out of business a year after I left. Mostly because the two kids who inherited mommy's business had no idea how to run it and they were basically scumbags. Their employees in turn ripped them off so often that the took huge losses.

Second company out of the army, worked there for three weeks, had an allergic reaction to whatever they had in there, they fired me, I called OSHA, and they went out of business.

Now, Admitably, the next places I worked ratched down the douchebaggery compared to those two. There was the company I quit because they fired my best friend for being a lesbian. And there was the last one that cured me of Republican Bullshit for firing me after I got sick.

you made my point with your paris hilton and people born rich comment. you are jealous of them and want to punish them for either being successful or being born of successful parents.

Do you think the original Hilton worked hard to create a successful hotel chain? Did he take risks? Did he put his money at risk?

Did he exploit the shit out of working class folks who worked for him? Did he abuse and cheat them out of wages for doing the real work. Yup.

And now his granddaughter run around acting like Public sluts,

most of you hate-the-rich liberals are nothing but whining children wanting momma govt to fix it for you. you make me sick.

No, I expect the people who we work for to give us what we are owed.

Look, for all your whining about government, what you want is a government that protects wealth and privilage. You don't want one that sticks up for Joe WOrking guy.

Because the anarchy you pretend to love wouldn't tolerate rich douchebags for very long. That's why you never hear about the Somalia Billionaire...

[

right, unions did correct some of the abuses of the past. unions had a place in the sweatshops and factories of the 1920s.

But you said that these abuses were going on today. That is simply not true. We have laws on the books to prevent the abuses that the unions worked against. Unions are no longer needed except as political tools to extract money from their members so the bosses can live lives of luxury..

Guy, you need to learn English Comprehension. I did not say these things were going on today in teh US. They go on in China, and the wealthy are fine with it...

opposition to abortiion and gays does not make people religious rubes. Many very intelligent and successful people do not support abortion as birth control and gay marriage.

your typical characterization of those who disagree with you only makes you look like more of a fool.

No, the people who vote on that ARE rubes... because it has no effect on their life if a stranger gets an abortion or has a gay marriage.

Incidently, the Rich have figured out that these Rube Issues aren't playing anymore, which is why they are dropping oppossition to gay marriage.

[

right, unions did correct some of the abuses of the past. unions had a place in the sweatshops and factories of the 1920s.

But you said that these abuses were going on today. That is simply not true. We have laws on the books to prevent the abuses that the unions worked against. Unions are no longer needed except as political tools to extract money from their members so the bosses can live lives of luxury..

Guy, you need to learn English Comprehension. I did not say these things were going on today in teh US. They go on in China, and the wealthy are fine with it...

opposition to abortiion and gays does not make people religious rubes. Many very intelligent and successful people do not support abortion as birth control and gay marriage.

your typical characterization of those who disagree with you only makes you look like more of a fool.
No, the people who vote on that ARE rubes... because it has no effect on their life if a stranger gets an abortion or has a gay marriage.

Incidently, the Rich have figured out that these Rube Issues aren't playing anymore, which is why they are dropping oppossition to gay marriage.
The rich control China now?

And....

The poor starving to death has no bearing on My life. Why should I send money to government to feed them?

See how you logic works?

We were once a nation to be respected and feared. A nation that wasn't afraid to drop big ass bombs on cities to CREATE peace. Now we cower and bow down to all manner of other nations, both friendly and foe.
It's called learning. All of the praised Ameican might was useless in Iraq post Saddam. Unless you want to go around adding stars to the flag in the form of conquered States around the globe and create permanent military, social, economic, bureaucratic presences, that is what the use of force gets you...decapitated countries that we have to hand-hold until they are rehabilitated to the point to where they are not killing each other in the hundreds but only by the dozens per month.

America had learned that between Viet-Nam and Iraqi Freedom. We had Reagan and Bush I and Clinton...largely peaceful and prosperous times for many if not most.

Why you think bombing the shit out of a country that never attacked us except a few errant missiles in the no-fly zone is smart given the evidence that is right before you is the sign that you're either not thinking or thinking with the wrong male organ.

Worse than that we've grown weak internally. As now we are just as content to sue our neighbors rather than wait for or accept their apology.
On this, I'll agree with you. But you should look at the root cause; not the method. People are looking for a payday which is why they sue...it's not just done to be sadistic.

One thing that would really help in that aspect, in my view, is that you increase the deduction per child. So if you have kids at home, you get to save more of your income. Then, maybe, just maybe, ma or pa won't have to work and can stay home with the kids--be home when they get home anyway--and closely monitor their social media, their screen time, make sure they get a square meal instead of frozen pizza out of the freezer, look in and make sure they do their homework.

Gee, and when someone on the left wants to pass background checks for sociopaths can't get machine guns, we're called facists.

If businesses are responsible for injury, they should be sued. I found plastic in my salad at Potbelly Sandwich Works one time. I took it up to the manager who was working the register and told her that I wasn't going to sue but to be more careful. In my mind, I did the right thing. Had I swallowed it, you could bet that I was going to sue them.

We are so god damn affraid to offend each other that we walk on egg shellsand pretend that being sheltered rather than outgoing is normal. Wanna start a new business? Well here's 9 miles of red tape and regulations to make sure you don't offend anyone, including that damned endangered spider in your back yard.

I am not that old and I can remember when this nation was great. When it ment something to be successful. The ambitious and daring built this country and now the weak and sissified are tearing it down.

I can remember a time when people didn't spend almost an entire day per week on a message board bitching about their business going down the tubes instead of working that day to make it better. I'm not that old either.

Why do you continually harp on my complaint from well over a year ago about the shitty economys impact on my business? Unlike so many complaints on this forum mine was actually valid to my life. I wasn't just ranting about some random issue that I'm completely detached from. I spoke to what impacted me personally. Tons of my competitors went under yet here I am DESPITE sitting on this forum all damn day so blow me.

[]The rich control China now?

And....

The poor starving to death has no bearing on My life. Why should I send money to government to feed them?

See how you logic works?

If they try to KILL YOU to keep their children from starving, yeah, you m ight have a serious concern there.

Let's be honest, guy, our welfare system is designed to keep them out of the streets rioting. Which IS what they were doing in the 1960's.

[]The rich control China now?

And....

See how you logic works?

If they try to KILL YOU to keep their children from starving, yeah, you m ight have a serious concern there.

Let's be honest, guy, our welfare system is designed to keep them out of the streets rioting. Which IS what they were doing in the 1960's.
Did you miss the point?

The entire fallacy of, "it doesn't affect Me" talking point? Because there are a lot of Americans who CAN support themselves so we have to ask....If gay marriage makes no difference on My life, or the lives of many Americans....why would people who cannot house or feed themselves matter? Because that too, won't affect My life. I can function in society without aid from anyone.

There are a butt load of issues just like this one that the left (and some of the GOP, I don't say the right because real conservatives don't give a shit what others think, including the GOP) that seem to be overlooked.

Hypocrisy is just a word anymore, without any real relevance

Why do you continually harp on my complaint from well over a year ago about the shitty economys impact on my business? Unlike so many complaints on this forum mine was actually valid to my life. I wasn't just ranting about some random issue that I'm completely detached from. I spoke to what impacted me personally. Tons of my competitors went under yet here I am DESPITE sitting on this forum all damn day so blow me.

Yeah...you sound real happy...:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back