America has grown soft, weak & sissified since 2006.

I agree with a personal softness.50% of the country wants government to provide for all their needs.
Half the country wants government to "take care of them."

I don't think anyone "wants" the government to take care of them.

I think they just need for them to do so because big businesses cheat employees at every oppurtunity.

Don't complain about messes you create. If too many people are dependent on government, it's because the right has made them so.

Really? Seriously? Big business cheats employees more today than in the days of the sweatshop, or company towns?

No, but you see, after those abuses, workers formed these things called "unions". And those things ended. And people got fair wages and good working conditions, and both parties thought that this was a good thing.

It was the golden age of America.

And the rich weren't having any of that shit. Now when you can get stupid religious rubes all upset about abortion or gays or some bullshit like that when they can totally get them to vote against their own economic interest.

I don't know when it started...but it has been a steady decline and getting worse.

On tv, they say bitch, whore, slut, fuck, ass. Remember when Lucy and Dezi had separate beds?
No violent video games back then. It was safe to go trick or treat. We wore patent leather shoes and could stay outside to play after it got dark. No drivebys to worry about. Meals consisted of what Ma cooked and one parent worked while the other tried to be June Cleaver.

I think it went downhill when JFK died. At least he had a pair of balls.

Wages have stayed stagnant since Reagan started the breaking of the unions. In a young household, both husband and wife have to work, if they are going to afford both rent and food.

As for the rest of the complaints, anyone that knows the real history of the US realizes that we have always had some problems with violence. Drugs have been part of our culture from the git-go. Laudeum was as common as alcohol in many places in the old West. As for all the other complaints about the younger generation, I see the kids three days a week as I attend a University. Some are lazy, some are intense workaholics. Same as when I attended over 40 years ago.

I grew up in logging and ranching communities in Oregon and Washington. The life of the sitcom people like Leave it to Beaver were so far removed from what I experianced, that they just as well might have existed in another university. Separate beds for married people? Damn, then why bother with marriage?

I miss the wide open spaces, and the ability to find a place to be alone near almost any town in these two states. But that is the price of more than doubling the population of our nation in the space of my lifetime. Overall, I would say that we have a better and more open society than we had in my childhood.

[

total BS. Did big business start the PC crap? Where do you get the crap that businesses cheat employees "at every opportunity" ?

20 years of working in the private sector. I honestly wish I had made a career out of the military.

[
This crap from you is just more envy of successful people who have more than you because they got off their asses and worked for it.

you libs are a bunch of pussified morons.

I didn't see Paris Hilton working very hard.

A lot of people born on third base and thought they hit a triple.

so your employers cheated you "at every opportunity" really? sounds like you picked the wrong people to work for, and if they cheated their employees at every opportunity, how did they stay in business?

you made my point with your paris hilton and people born rich comment. you are jealous of them and want to punish them for either being successful or being born of successful parents.

Do you think the original Hilton worked hard to create a successful hotel chain? Did he take risks? Did he put his money at risk?

most of you hate-the-rich liberals are nothing but whining children wanting momma govt to fix it for you. you make me sick.

We dropped a lot of big ass bombs on little Viet Nam and yet we still got our asses kicked.

So don't go blaming all your perceived problems and fears on Obama.

And no, I''m not a staunch Obama supporter.

I agree with a personal softness.50% of the country wants government to provide for all their needs.

I think they just need for them to do so because big businesses cheat employees at every oppurtunity.

Don't complain about messes you create. If too many people are dependent on government, it's because the right has made them so.

Really? Seriously? Big business cheats employees more today than in the days of the sweatshop, or company towns?

Just not in the same way.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMhvYeQPOcE]Wealth Distribution in the USA - SHOCKING! - YouTube[/ame]

It's this exact mindset that cost the republicans the white house last year. Keep up the good work. :clap2:

What cost the republicans the white house last year was indeed that 50% of the country wants the government to provide for all their needs. obama promised more goodies. Romney talked about jobs. Romney never realized that jobs was not even on this list of what people wanted.

No, but you see, after those abuses, workers formed these things called "unions". And those things ended. And people got fair wages and good working conditions, and both parties thought that this was a good thing.

And the rich weren't having any of that shit. Now when you can get stupid religious rubes all upset about abortion or gays or some bullshit like that when they can totally get them to vote against their own economic interest.

right, unions did correct some of the abuses of the past. unions had a place in the sweatshops and factories of the 1920s.

But you said that these abuses were going on today. That is simply not true. We have laws on the books to prevent the abuses that the unions worked against. Unions are no longer needed except as political tools to extract money from their members so the bosses can live lives of luxury.

opposition to abortiion and gays does not make people religious rubes. Many very intelligent and successful people do not support abortion as birth control and gay marriage.

your typical characterization of those who disagree with you only makes you look like more of a fool.

It's this exact mindset that cost the republicans the white house last year. Keep up the good work. :clap2:

What cost the republicans the white house last year was indeed that 50% of the country wants the government to provide for all their needs. obama promised more goodies. Romney talked about jobs. Romney never realized that jobs was not even on this list of what people wanted.

sadly, half of the country would rather vote for a living than work for a living. the last election proved that

A similar argument can be made about the "filthy cartoons"... Again, who decided that was the way to go?

Someone trying to make a profit.

The Cartoon Network started out as something the kids could watch, but then someone decided they'd do better if they produced "Adult Swim" cartoons that were kind of racy.

Similarly, the network known as "The Learning Channel" started out on the premise that they could do quality educational programming just like PBS does. Today TLC is about midgets, conjoined twins, and Sarah Palin- the equivlent to a modern freak show.

But what influences Cartoon Network and TLC to show that stuff? The target audiences. Supply and demand. Give the audiences what they want, right? The audience wants smut, so they give them smut.

And now, fast foward to present day. Those Unions have grown huge. So huge, they've gained political clout and tons of arrogance. The political clout buys off the politicians in DC and the arrogance has them demanding unreasonable benefits from companies, causing said companies to encounter financial problems.

A similar argument can be made about the "filthy cartoons"... Again, who decided that was the way to go?

Someone trying to make a profit.

The Cartoon Network started out as something the kids could watch, but then someone decided they'd do better if they produced "Adult Swim" cartoons that were kind of racy.

Similarly, the network known as "The Learning Channel" started out on the premise that they could do quality educational programming just like PBS does. Today TLC is about midgets, conjoined twins, and Sarah Palin- the equivlent to a modern freak show.

But what influences Cartoon Network and TLC to show that stuff? The target audiences. Supply and demand. Give the audiences what they want, right? The audience wants smut, so they give them smut.

Indeed, but dig deeper: The question is why the demand exists in the first place.

It points to a decay in our culture, as we continue to lower standards, expect less from people, make excuses for people.

Indeed, America has grown soft. Perhaps we've had too many wars in too short a time? There should be a time span between wars, time to indoctrinate a new generation to the glory of battle, of heros, of deeds, time to empty the VA hospitals and make the beds, time to pay off some of the debt. We can't have a war every few years and expect people to get excited, in fact, I think they get tired. We've overdone the wars. We have politicians that believe some martial music and flag waving a few speeches about our bravery and bingo we're ready again and maybe we're not. Is it too many wars or too many wars that have had no purpose, no meaning? Have we had some wasted wars?

PS. I am completely sober. If you are too much of a coward to address the content of the post just say so.

You write the silly nonsense you write and insist you are completely sober? I believe you.

You and your type ARE the problem, you mother fucking little piss ant fuck. You are EXACTLY the kind of spineless little yellow bellied, suck ass, gutless, village idiot, good for nothing, SNAPS, obama phone, disarm America, you didn't build that, spread the wealth around, can't say fisherman anymore RETARDED FUCKING GAS BAG that is RESPONSIBLE for the mind numbing STUPID political correctness and PUSSIFICATION of America.

I SPIT on you, you worthless little ball of pig shit. You people are RUINING America. You are a CANCER on this nation, and it is DYING because of YOU. Liberalism is a fucking MENTAL ILLNESS, and should be TREATED, not TOLERATED.

Last edited:
I see several of you took my "big ass bombs" comment to mean I wanted more war.

You nearly make my point for me. I don't want more war. I want the wars we fight to be fought right. No more stringing out troops around the globe doing the work of missionaries or construction workers. If we have to goto war we should devastate the enemy and then COME HOME like we did when we ended WWII.

Indeed, America has grown soft. Perhaps we've had too many wars in too short a time? There should be a time span between wars, time to indoctrinate a new generation to the glory of battle, of heros, of deeds, time to empty the VA hospitals and make the beds, time to pay off some of the debt. We can't have a war every few years and expect people to get excited, in fact, I think they get tired. We've overdone the wars. We have politicians that believe some martial music and flag waving a few speeches about our bravery and bingo we're ready again and maybe we're not. Is it too many wars or too many wars that have had no purpose, no meaning? Have we had some wasted wars?

Yeah. After 9/11 we should ahve just sworn we would bring the guilty to justice and be done with it. That was the Clinton approach and we see how well that worked.

I don't know when it started...but it has been a steady decline and getting worse.

On tv, they say bitch, whore, slut, fuck, ass. Remember when Lucy and Dezi had separate beds?
No violent video games back then. It was safe to go trick or treat. We wore patent leather shoes and could stay outside to play after it got dark. No drivebys to worry about. Meals consisted of what Ma cooked and one parent worked while the other tried to be June Cleaver.

I think it went downhill when JFK died. At least he had a pair of balls.

Yup I say it happend after JFK also. the left say talk radio is hate radio? yet ignore the songs being played on the fm side? god help us.....

sadly, half of the country would rather vote for a living than work for a living. the last election proved that

That's utter bullshit. The last election proved that people couldn't stand Mitt Romney.

No, we finally discovered that the 47% actually do exist.

Well, since liberals don't make up anywhere near 47% of the population, then a whole bunch of conservatives and moderates must be on the dole.

Forum List

Back