🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

America heading the wrong direction

Im saying you cant justify it. Without a standard of good it's all just a matter of opinion. Do you think Hitler thought he was evil? And if there is no standard why is wrong? Because you said so? Because I did? What if the Nazi's had won, would their killing of 6 million jews have been moral?
You can argue that Christian doctrine ie anti-semitic Christian doctrine was at least partly responsible for the Holocaust.

Do I think Hitler thought he was evil? I think deep down, yes he knew what he was doing was wrong and evil. That is going on the position that Hitler was mentally competent. Why else would he have killed himself in the end? If he thought what he was doing was good, he had nothing to worry about.

You can argue that Christian doctrine ie anti-semitic Christian doctrine was at least partly responsible for the Holocaust.

Do I think Hitler thought he was evil? I think deep down, yes he knew what he was doing was wrong and evil. That is going on the position that Hitler was mentally competent. Why else would he have killed himself in the end? If he thought what he was doing was good, he had nothing to worry about.

You're confusing religion and God.

That's not what I said is it? I said you cant justify morality or good without God. Without an objective standard of good then morality and good is just subjective opinion. And if it's just an opinion then my "morality" is just as valid as your's regardless of what I think is good and moral. That type of thinking is what leads to things like the holocaust and slavery.
A god is just a human construct. Humans can make this god into whatever they want it to be ie approving of slavery. In the long run it's not in humans best interest to say kill people if they dont get what they want. That's just common sense. I dont need a god to figure that out.

Without an objective standard of good how can you justify what Hitler did as bad? Had the Nazi's won, would that have changed whether what Hitler did was evil?

A god is just a human construct. Humans can make this god into whatever they want it to be ie approving of slavery. In the long run it's not in humans best interest to say kill people if they dont get what they want. That's just common sense. I dont need a god to figure that out.

You cant prove any of that. I get that it's what you want to believe but that's irrelevant to this discussion. You cant justify morality or good without an objective standard of good. That standard is God whether you like it or not.

Without an objective standard of good how can you justify what Hitler did as bad? Had the Nazi's won, would that have changed whether what Hitler did was evil?
My point is I dont need an existence of a god to figure out that killing 6 million people is a bad thing. To answer your 2nd question, no that wouldnt have changed the fact Hitler was evil. Winning or losing has nothing to do with whether something is evil.

Why? It's might be in my best interest to kill a certain person and so in my opinion that's good. Who are you to say otherwise? You dont have any solid ground to stand on regarding whether killing is good or not as it's just an opinion.

Slavery was evil correct? Even when the majority of the human population was of the opinion that it wasn't. How is that possible?

You cant prove any of that. I get that it's what you want to believe but that's irrelevant to this discussion. You cant justify morality or good without an objective standard of good. That standard is God whether you like it or not.
And you can't prove god.

My point is I dont need an existence of a god to figure out that killing 6 million people is a bad thing. To answer your 2nd question, no that wouldnt have changed the fact Hitler was evil. Winning or losing has nothing to do with whether something is evil.
But you cant justify it. What you think it is irrelevant. Hitler thought it was great idea. Why is your opinion more valid than his?

Why? It's might be in my best interest to kill a certain person and so in my opinion that's good. Who are you to say otherwise? You dont have any solid ground to stand on regarding whether killing is good or not as it's just an opinion.

Slavery was evil correct? Even when the majority of the human population was of the opinion that it wasn't. How is that possible?
Because people can be convinced that things that are evil actually arent. That doesnt mean that it's not evil.

What makes these things evil? Your opinion?
Yes. More importantly collective societies opinons. Were people evil for having slaves 150 years ago? Absolutely. Several societies had already figured that out. Sometimes it takes a while for people to figure things out.

Yes. More importantly collective societies opinons. Were people evil for having slaves 150 years ago? Absolutely. Several societies had already figured that out. Sometimes it takes a while for people to figure things out.
But it wasnt evil then? Just now? Also why is slavery evil? What if opinions change could slavery become not evil? If I can convince enough people that slavery is good it's suddenly not evil anymore?

But it wasnt evil then? Just now? Also why is slavery evil? What if opinions change could slavery become not evil? If I can convince enough people that slavery is good it's suddenly not evil anymore?
You convincing people is meaningless. Ask the ones actually subjected to slavery if it's evil.

Forum List

Back