🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

America heading the wrong direction

Im saying you cant justify it. Without a standard of good it's all just a matter of opinion. Do you think Hitler thought he was evil? And if there is no standard why is wrong? Because you said so? Because I did? What if the Nazi's had won, would their killing of 6 million jews have been moral?

Well, yeah for the most part morality is a matter of opinion as it is not a tangible thing. As a society we have defined it as best as we can.

Was the US dropping two atomic bombs "moral"?

Is owning slaves moral, the Bible seems to think so.

Well, yeah for the most part morality is a matter of opinion as it is not a tangible thing. As a society we have defined it as best as we can.

Was the US dropping two atomic bombs "moral"?

Is owning slaves moral, the Bible seems to think so.

If there is no objective morality or good and it's all just a matter of opinion then there is no morality. You cant justify your sense of morality over mine. Thanks for proving my point.

If there is no objective morality or good and it's all just a matter of opinion then there is no morality. You cant justify your sense of morality over mine. Thanks for proving my point.

Any time.

That is why we as a society have defined such things. If you do not like the definition of the society you can either leave or face the consequences.

It was also defended by Christians for a couple hundred years.

:linky:
Defended by people who called themselves Christians. But British and American slavery is illegal due to the acts of Christianity.

And yes, thanks to those like you who do nothing to help those in need, there’s more slaves today than ever.

Follow me to learn more about what’s going on in the world around you.

Defended by people who called themselves Christians. But British and American slavery is illegal due to the acts of Christianity.

They were Christians.

Why would Christians be against slavery when God is not?

And yes, thanks to those like you who do nothing to help those in need, there’s more slaves today than ever.

Not a thing in there about atheist.

They were Christians.

Why would Christians be against slavery when God is not?

Not a thing in there about atheist.
Indentured servitude was a method of paying debts unplayable.

You moved the goalposts. You didn’t know slavery is more alive and well than at any time.
But yes, you’re an atheist and doing nothing about it and letting it grow.
You Leftards even bitch about a movie trying to bring the problem to light.

Indentured servitude was a method of paying debts unplayable.

That was not the only form of slavery in the Bible. You have read the bible, right?

ou moved the goalposts. You didn’t know slavery is more alive and well than at any time.

Now you are just making things up. I asked you to provide support it was atheist doing it. You still have not yet done that

But yes, you’re an atheist

I am no such thing. If you are just going to lie about me, why take the time to even post?

That was not the only form of slavery in the Bible. You have read the bible, right?

Now you are just making things up. I asked you to provide support it was atheist doing it. You still have not yet done that

I am no such thing. If you are just going to lie about me, why take the time to even post?
Liar.
1690810907425.png

But they should. That's we need to teach morals in our schools.
The "tyranny of the shoulds" won't cut it.

'Washington, Adams, Jefferson and even Franklin and other founders did not think that religion was the source of morality, but its substitute. Madison, in The Federalist number 10, differentiates the two. "If the impulse and the opportunity [to create majority factions] be suffered to coincide," he wrote, "we well know that neither moral nor religious motives can be relied on as an adequate control."

These founders were not saying that religion is the source of morality or that an individual's morality cannot exist without religion. They were claiming that religion is necessary for societal morality. And they were wrong.'
(Seidel, The Founding Myth: Why Christian Nationalism is Un-American, pp. 46-7)

i expect a sick society such as ours to "push back" against the teachings of christ.

9.jpg
The difficulty is in this difference: freedom of worship vs. freedom from worship. Atheists have better things to do on Sunday. The deception is in the use of prepositions in the U.S. Constitution.

That makes no sense. The browning involves highspanics and Muslims, et al. Highspanics are devout Catholics. And the most moderate Muslims are more draconian and stricter than the hardest core evangelicals.
When the absurdity now in the White House goes to church, he knows that he is welcome there because of what he has done to get (genuflectors [italics]) across the border.

I said you can’t justify it. You posted someone’s opinion on why someone should be moral not even morality itself.

If I think torturing puppies is moral does that make it so?
Christians used god to justify slavery. Are you trying to tell me Christian people have the absolute and only moral authority? Get real.

Christians used god to justify slavery. Are you trying to tell me Christian people have the absolute and only moral authority? Get real.
That's not what I said is it? I said you cant justify morality or good without God. Without an objective standard of good then morality and good is just subjective opinion. And if it's just an opinion then my "morality" is just as valid as your's regardless of what I think is good and moral. That type of thinking is what leads to things like the holocaust and slavery.

Forum List

Back