American hunter in viral photo of slain giraffe is "proud to hunt"

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Why do people do shit like this ?

AACxiPr.img

Images of hunters celebrating their trophies often draw widespread support and widespread condemnation - something Tess Talley knows first hand. In 2017, she killed a giraffe in South Africa. In 2018, her photo of the kill went viral and prompted worldwide outrage.

Talley joined "CBS This Morning" Friday to say that she's "absolutely" still going hunting.

"It's a hobby, it's something that I love to do," she said. Talley said that the controversial kill was part of a conservation hunt, designed to manage the amount of wildlife in a given area.

"I am proud to hunt," she said. "And I am proud of that giraffe."

That is one sad photo, it almost broke my heart, and I mean every word of it!

There is no one more conservative than me..... I am conservative to the bone....I just want to let that be known .......but the killing of a beautiful giraffe or any other wild life for sport, or for eating.....by the way.....why didn't she have a beef T-Bone steak? ????? why kill a lovely giraffe that was doing nothing to her? what sort of monster does that to wild life, that in many cases is almost extinct?

May be Karma someday will make her pay.....may she will end her life in the same way of that poor innocent giraffe she slaughtered.

SHAME ON THAT WOMAN! SHAME ON HER!

Last edited:
Must have been a difficult hunt....lmao. hard to track those things down...again lmao. I love hunting. That just doesn't qualify. This gives us a bad name.

AACxiPr.img

Images of hunters celebrating their trophies often draw widespread support and widespread condemnation - something Tess Talley knows first hand. In 2017, she killed a giraffe in South Africa. In 2018, her photo of the kill went viral and prompted worldwide outrage.

Talley joined "CBS This Morning" Friday to say that she's "absolutely" still going hunting.

"It's a hobby, it's something that I love to do," she said. Talley said that the controversial kill was part of a conservation hunt, designed to manage the amount of wildlife in a given area.

A long as you aren't killing an endangered species I'm okay with it as long as the locals benefit.

There is no one more conservative than me..... I am conservative to the bone....I just want to let that be known .......but the killing of a beautiful giraffe or any other wild life for sport, or for eating.....by the way.....why didn't she have a beef T-Bone steak? ????? why kill a lovely giraffe that was doing nothing to her? what sort of monster does that to wild life, that in many cases is almost extinct?

May be Karma someday will make her pay.....may she will end her life in the same way of that poor innocent giraffe she slaughtered.

It is being done responsibly. Sadly, herds have to be culled periodically for one reason or another. This particular old bull was preventing younger males from impregnating the females. Within 2 years after his death, a new calf was born.

Could I do it? No. I hate to see it as much as anyone. I have a depth of love for animals no one could imagine. But sometimes it has to be done.
It also provides food for the tribes in the area-

Keeping the Species Alive.

Joyful news!! We did it!! I received a message from my Outfitters after harvesting the old bull, the young bulls were now able to join the herd and impregnate the females.

This new baby, is the first they have seen in 2 years.

Hunting in Africa provides one of the only sources of conservation for the animals there. The first reason I’m a hunter is conservation, the future development of the species. It’s a proven fact that hunting works, and I have the pictures to prove it!

AACxiPr.img

If it was truly a conservation hunt I have no problem with it.

It is being done responsibly. ............................................................

Sorry and no pun intended....but that is BULL....ok?

WILD LIFE IS NOT TO BE KILLED FOR SPORT.

That's all.

It is being done responsibly. Sadly, herds have to be culled periodically for one reason or another. This particular old bull was preventing younger males from impregnating the females. Within 2 years after his death, a new calf was born.

Could I do it? No. I hate to see it as much as anyone. I have a depth of love for animals no one could imagine. But sometimes it has to be done.

Joyful news!! We did it!! I received a message from my Outfitters after harvesting the old bull, the young bulls were now able to join the herd and impregnate the females.

Hunting in Africa provides one of the only sources of conservation for the animals there. The first reason I’m a hunter is conservation, the future development of the species. It’s a proven fact that hunting works, and I have the pictures to prove it!

I haven't hunted in over 40 years. As long as I can buy the food I need for me and my family I won't hunt. I do understand conservation hunting and support it when done responsibly. I also agree with relocating as a conservation measure - where practical. I guess the problem I have with this woman is that joy and glee she feels over killing the giraffe. Personally, I never took joy out of killing an animal. Just saddens me.

I haven't hunted in over 40 years. As long as I can buy the food I need for me and my family I won't hunt. I do understand conservation hunting and support it when done responsibly. I also agree with relocating as a conservation measure - where practical. I guess the problem I have with this woman is that joy and glee she feels over killing the giraffe. Personally, I never took joy out of killing an animal. Just saddens me.

I could not agree more with you! Thank you! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

AACxiPr.img

We should deploy her to the border if she can shoot that good.

The older I get the more I respect innocent life. This is sad that some get enjoyment in killing innocent creatures.

Exaclty! I feel the same! GOD Bless you and all who think like you! :clap2:
Hmmm. Vegan, eh?

No I'm not vegan...I eat chicken fish seafood.....not vegan at all

I just do not eat 4 legged animals....red meat....apart from that I eat everything!:04::10:

I like to hunt but it really isnt about trophy animals for me,I shoot the animals that are tasty. But I dont begrudge people who trophy hunt in a responsible manner.
My favorite animal to harvest isnt even a native Texas animal,they came from india in the form of the Axis deer and they escaped game ranches and they now roam free and breed.
They only eat grass and the meat is excellent!! You can steak out the whole deer unlike a whitetail.
It's open season on em all year but I only take one for meat,I will admit if I see a particularly mount worthy buck I'm gonna shoot it,eat it and hang it on the wall.
exotic-hunts-kills-axis-deer-4.jpg

And they're Huge!!!!

Forum List

Back