American hunter in viral photo of slain giraffe is "proud to hunt"

Why do people do shit like this ?

AACxiPr.img

She was on a morning show this morning. All she could say was how big game hunting promotes conservation but she couldn't explain how. Then she went on about the beneficial harvest of their meat and how good it was to eat. She displays her "niffy" carry bags made out the giraffe she just killed.
What a worthless piece shit. How anyone could consider killing Africa's gentle giants is beyond me. Their primary defense is running, however they stand no chance when being chased by by someone like this in a truck. They are chased until they are exhausted then shot. Really great sport.
Im not sure why hunting is considered a "sport."

Its a mockery of a survival scenario while perfectly safe behind a scope...what theee actual fuck is the sport part of it...seeing straight?

Get the fuck outta my face. Thats why these baby boomers birthed a bunch of soft as fuck little lady men...cuz they dont know how to be Men, they just engage in man like "simulation exercises."
If they want real sport leave the 40 caliber rifles, scopes, and jeeps at home and give the animal a sporting chance.

So ya wanna wound em and let em run off into the forest to die a slow agonizing death?
Doesnt seem right somehow but okay.
There's a reason for caliber limits when hunting...learn em or STFU.
Why should I want to wound the animal. I don't want it killed it. For real sport it should be an even match the animal against man.

So you'd rather they starve to death and not reproduce?

AACxiPr.img

Images of hunters celebrating their trophies often draw widespread support and widespread condemnation - something Tess Talley knows first hand. In 2017, she killed a giraffe in South Africa. In 2018, her photo of the kill went viral and prompted worldwide outrage.

Talley joined "CBS This Morning" Friday to say that she's "absolutely" still going hunting.

"It's a hobby, it's something that I love to do," she said. Talley said that the controversial kill was part of a conservation hunt, designed to manage the amount of wildlife in a given area.

"I am proud to hunt," she said. "And I am proud of that giraffe."

She was on a morning show this morning. All she could say was how big game hunting promotes conservation but she couldn't explain how. Then she went on about the beneficial harvest of their meat and how good it was to eat. She displays her "niffy" carry bags made out the giraffe she just killed.
What a worthless piece shit. How anyone could consider killing Africa's gentle giants is beyond me. Their primary defense is running, however they stand no chance when being chased by by someone like this in a truck. They are chased until they are exhausted then shot. Really great sport.

Its a mockery of a survival scenario while perfectly safe behind a scope...what theee actual fuck is the sport part of it...seeing straight?

Get the fuck outta my face. Thats why these baby boomers birthed a bunch of soft as fuck little lady men...cuz they dont know how to be Men, they just engage in man like "simulation exercises."

So you're anti science....,.
Science classifies things as sports or not?

Im not sure you read my post for comprehension.

Disagree all you want but responsible hunting SAVES populations from over population and starvation or in this case from a male that can not reproduce but is still to strong for the young males to overcome.

You might spend a moment and reread, or read if you didn't, my second post on the thread. I disagree with you for broad brushing with your stupid statement. Conservation comes in many different ways and I have no problem with them. What I don't like is the woman making it sound like she had fun on a ride at the county fair. That is what is sad.

Do you understand now?

If they want real sport leave the 40 caliber rifles, scopes, and jeeps at home and give the animal a sporting chance.

So ya wanna wound em and let em run off into the forest to die a slow agonizing death?
Why should I want to wound the animal. I don't want it killed it. For real sport it should be an even match the animal against man.

I'd rather we stop hunters, poachers, and destroying the animals habitat. The fact is trophy hunting in Africa, contrary to the common view, not only is having negative impacts on wild populations, but that there is also an extremely close link between legal hunting and poaching.

AACxiPr.img

Images of hunters celebrating their trophies often draw widespread support and widespread condemnation - something Tess Talley knows first hand. In 2017, she killed a giraffe in South Africa. In 2018, her photo of the kill went viral and prompted worldwide outrage.

Talley joined "CBS This Morning" Friday to say that she's "absolutely" still going hunting.

"It's a hobby, it's something that I love to do," she said. Talley said that the controversial kill was part of a conservation hunt, designed to manage the amount of wildlife in a given area.

Doesnt matter if you think it's a sport or not.
The fact remains that animals need to be culled in certain circumstances or they suffer needlessly.
The fish and game department employ bag restrictions for a reason.
I mainly fish reservoirs with slot limits for bass were the majority of your fish you catch you have to let go because of the size restrictions. If it's under 21 or over 28 inches ya gotta let it go.
This keeps the population of bass HUGE and maintains the bedding females.
Your lack of understanding of game management isn't unexpected.Your lack of research though is unexcusable.

The fact remains that animals need to be culled in certain circumstances or they suffer needlessly.
I mainly fish reservoirs with slot limits for bass were the majority of your fish you catch you have to let go because of the size restrictions. If it's under 21 or over 28 inches ya gotta let it go.
Your lack of understanding of game management isn't unexpected.Your lack of research though is unexcusable.
You dont know what i know or dont about game management

you just look for strawmen to blahblah bullshit at because of your o.c.d. to argue with someone

all i said was its not a sport

you ran phony interference and got emotional

calm down

AACxiPr.img

That giraffe was put on this earth for her to harvest it...

She takes pride in hunting and killing non-threatening animals. I guess that we are lucky that there was giraffe to kill. Nuts like her would otherwise be hunting us from Las Vegas Hotel rooms.

I'd rather we stop hunters, poachers, and destroying the animals habitat. The fact is trophy hunting in Africa, contrary to the common view, not only is having negative impacts on wild populations, but that there is also an extremely close link between legal hunting and poaching.

You're gonna have to back that up with links.
I have seen with my own eyes what happens when you dont practice game control.
In lakes you end up catching 13 in bass and the deer are scranny as fuck.

you just look for strawmen to blahblah bullshit at because of your o.c.d. to argue with someone

calm down

That you dont know shit about game management is obvious.

calm down

Your 3rd eye doesnt teach you, ya old sack of dweeby bones.

Do you think fishing is a sport, too?

Hey dont look now...but theres fuckin teenagers making a living off of fishing videos on youtube.

When a 10yr old sacks Tom Brady, knocks out Deontay Wilder or dunks on Dwight Howard, you be sure to let me know.

That is one sad photo, it almost broke my heart, and I mean every word of it!

There is no one more conservative than me..... I am conservative to the bone....I just want to let that be known .......but the killing of a beautiful giraffe or any other wild life for sport, or for eating.....by the way.....why didn't she have a beef T-Bone steak? ????? why kill a lovely giraffe that was doing nothing to her? what sort of monster does that to wild life, that in many cases is almost extinct?

May be Karma someday will make her pay.....may she will end her life in the same way of that poor innocent giraffe she slaughtered.

SHAME ON THAT WOMAN! SHAME ON HER!
i agree ! if you aint going to eat it dont hunt it !

HORRIBLE AND HEARTBREAKING !

AACxiPr.img

I'm not saying game control doesn't work. I'm saying what they're doing in Africa is not working.
CAT - The effects of trophy hunting on five of Africa's iconic wild animal populations in six countries – Analysis - Conservation Action Trust

calm down

Hey dont look now...but theres fuckin teenagers making a living off of fishing videos on youtube.

When a 10yr old sacks Tom Brady, knocks out Deontay Wilder or dunks on Dwight Howard, you be sure to let me know.

I fished a few tournaments and came to the conclusion that I like fishing for fun,just like my years of competition BBQ.

calm down

I fished a few tournaments and came to the conclusion that I like fishing for fun,just like my years of competition BBQ.
Bbq is a fun competition

I'm not saying game control doesn't work. I'm saying what they're doing in Africa is not working.
CAT - The effects of trophy hunting on five of Africa's iconic wild animal populations in six countries – Analysis - Conservation Action Trust

Then there needs to be more oversight in these countries.
Game management works incredibly well in the states

calm down

Bbq is a fun competition

I love to BBQ!
But doing it for three days in a row and freezing your ass off got old. I'd rather drop $50 bucks into the kitty,eat,drink and go home.
It aint about the competition to me,it's about hanging with your Buds and drinking beer.

Forum List

Back