American hunter in viral photo of slain giraffe is "proud to hunt"

Why do people do shit like this ?

AACxiPr.img

Images of hunters celebrating their trophies often draw widespread support and widespread condemnation - something Tess Talley knows first hand. In 2017, she killed a giraffe in South Africa. In 2018, her photo of the kill went viral and prompted worldwide outrage.

Talley joined "CBS This Morning" Friday to say that she's "absolutely" still going hunting.

"It's a hobby, it's something that I love to do," she said. Talley said that the controversial kill was part of a conservation hunt, designed to manage the amount of wildlife in a given area.

"I am proud to hunt," she said. "And I am proud of that giraffe."

We should deploy her to the border if she can shoot that good.
Yeah, she can shoot all those 1 ton, 15 ft tall Mexicans crossing the border.

AACxiPr.img

Images of hunters celebrating their trophies often draw widespread support and widespread condemnation - something Tess Talley knows first hand. In 2017, she killed a giraffe in South Africa. In 2018, her photo of the kill went viral and prompted worldwide outrage.

Talley joined "CBS This Morning" Friday to say that she's "absolutely" still going hunting.

"It's a hobby, it's something that I love to do," she said. Talley said that the controversial kill was part of a conservation hunt, designed to manage the amount of wildlife in a given area.

She was on a morning show this morning. All she could say was how big game hunting promotes conservation but she couldn't explain how. Then she went on about the beneficial harvest for their meat and how good it was to eat. She displays her "niffy" carry bags made out the giraffe she just killed.
What a worthless piece shit. How anyone could consider killing Africa's gentle giants is beyond me. Their primary defense against humans is running, however they stand no chance when being chased by a party of hunters in a truck. They are chased until they are exhausted and can hardly stand then there're shot. Really great sport.

And then they turn around and pose for the camera with the animal in the background with a big grin on their face. "Look what I did everyone !"

Don't they have to get a permit for this? Was the animal sick or going rogue? I wonder if people would be as outraged if somebody posted a picture of the bloody aftermath of a botched late term human abortion. No?

i think it was a LEGAL HUNT eh . Those that don't like it shouldn't do it !!

That is one sad photo, it almost broke my heart, and I mean every word of it!

There is no one more conservative than me..... I am conservative to the bone....I just want to let that be known .......but the killing of a beautiful giraffe or any other wild life for sport, or for eating.....by the way.....why didn't she have a beef T-Bone steak? ????? why kill a lovely giraffe that was doing nothing to her? what sort of monster does that to wild life, that in many cases is almost extinct?

May be Karma someday will make her pay.....may she will end her life in the same way of that poor innocent giraffe she slaughtered.

SHAME ON THAT WOMAN! SHAME ON HER!
i agree ! if you ain't going to eat it don't hunt it !
The major factor in the loss of wildlife in Africa and South America is the loss of habitat. First the forests go for lumber. Land is cleared for farming followed by other development.

Where game management is done property, it reduces the population of larger animals to match available habitat and food supply which is continually shrinking in most places. It's not conservation it's just another way of removing wildlife, possibly more humane.

In Africa, trophy hunting is a 200 million dollar a year business and much of the so called game management is just a guise for slaughter of the shrinking population of the most sought after species.

The image of the great white hunter, spending days tracking his prize and risking his life in front of a charging animal is far more fiction than fact. Much of the trophy hunting today does not require a trip to darkest Africa. Instead many hunters prefer convenience of the a canned hunt which refers to the shooting of an exotic animal on a game farm or hunting ranch for a guaranteed kill. The animals are sourced from breeding farms that raise cubs from birth, that are typically used in a pay-to-play or cub petting scheme when they are young for extra profit. Once they are big enough to be considered a trophy, they are sold to hunters and shot within the confines of the ranch. These animals have been hand raised by humans, only to be killed where they were raised for a plaque on a wall.

Trophy hunters prefer hand raised animals because they are not afraid of humans and are much easier to shoot. They are also more aesthetically pleasing because they have not had to fend for themselves in the wild. Canned hunted animals come from roadside zoos, backyard breeders, and were once considered someone’s pet. The hunt is conducted in a small enclosure coining the term “canned”, because it is just as easy as shooting fish in a barrel. There is a guaranteed kill, and breeders hand rear animals to ensure they are not afraid of people. Canned hunts have been banned in 20 states but are legal in many places.
The Reality of Trophy Hunting | Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge

That is one sad photo, it almost broke my heart, and I mean every word of it!

There is no one more conservative than me..... I am conservative to the bone....I just want to let that be known .......but the killing of a beautiful giraffe or any other wild life for sport, or for eating.....by the way.....why didn't she have a beef T-Bone steak? ????? why kill a lovely giraffe that was doing nothing to her? what sort of monster does that to wild life, that in many cases is almost extinct?

May be Karma someday will make her pay.....may she will end her life in the same way of that poor innocent giraffe she slaughtered.

SHAME ON THAT WOMAN! SHAME ON HER!
i agree ! if you ain't going to eat it don't hunt it !
The major factor in the loss of wildlife in Africa and South America is the loss of habitat. First the forests go for lumber. Land is cleared for farming followed by other development.

Where game management is done property, it reduces the population of larger animals to match available habitat and food supply which is continually shrinking in most places. It's not conservation it's just another way of removing wildlife, possibly more humane.

In Africa, trophy hunting is a 200 million dollar a year business and much of the so called game management is just a guise for slaughter of the shrinking population of the most sought after species.

The image of the great white hunter, spending days tracking his prize and risking his life in front of a charging animal is far more fiction than fact. Much of the trophy hunting today does not require a trip to darkest Africa. Instead many hunters prefer convenience of the a canned hunt which refers to the shooting of an exotic animal on a game farm or hunting ranch for a guaranteed kill. The animals are sourced from breeding farms that raise cubs from birth, that are typically used in a pay-to-play or cub petting scheme when they are young for extra profit. Once they are big enough to be considered a trophy, they are sold to hunters and shot within the confines of the ranch. These animals have been hand raised by humans, only to be killed where they were raised for a plaque on a wall.

Trophy hunters prefer hand raised animals because they are not afraid of humans and are much easier to shoot. They are also more aesthetically pleasing because they have not had to fend for themselves in the wild. Canned hunted animals come from roadside zoos, backyard breeders, and were once considered someone’s pet. The hunt is conducted in a small enclosure coining the term “canned”, because it is just as easy as shooting fish in a barrel. There is a guaranteed kill, and breeders hand rear animals to ensure they are not afraid of people. Canned hunts have been banned in 20 states but are legal in many places.
The Reality of Trophy Hunting | Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge
------------------------------------------- LEGAL in many places eh Flopper ??

Is anyone claiming it was illegal ?
----------------------------------------- my point is , if you don't like it , well . don't do it . Next i can see organizing by various 'ilk' to stop this kind of hunting or trophy hunting or veal production away thereby limiting Freedom of people to do more LEGAL pursuits DD .

Is anyone claiming it was illegal ?
----------------------------------------- my point is , if you don't like it , well . don't do it . Next i can see organizing by various 'ilk' to stop this kind of hunting or trophy hunting or veal production away thereby limiting Freedom of people to do more LEGAL pursuits DD .

I'm not trying to make it illegal, people are free to act in this behavior. I just think it's sad and disgusting to see them do it.

AACxiPr.img

Hunting Giraffe's and the rare kind. Tell me, the challenge in that is?

AACxiPr.img

That doesn't seem to be a hard target.

AACxiPr.img

Hunting Giraffe's and the rare kind. Tell me, the challenge in that is?
Giraffes are aggressive animals and can kill you. Ignorant people think all animals are huggable and lovable. Some species need to be weeded out. Like communists.

AACxiPr.img

Yeah, she can shoot all those 1 ton, 15 ft tall Mexicans crossing the border.
Well if you put the whole bunch on a scale...that’s a lot of manure.

AACxiPr.img

A long as you aren't killing an endangered species I'm okay with it as long as the locals benefit.

So donate the hunting fees to the locals & not kill a defense animal. You people suck. Pay money & a guide points to an animal & you kill it. Wow, big tough hunter man.

AACxiPr.img

A long as you aren't killing an endangered species I'm okay with it as long as the locals benefit.

So donate the hunting fees to the locals & not kill a defense animal. You people suck. Pay money & a guide points to an animal & you kill it. Wow, big tough hunter man.

Once more in English please.

Forum List

Back