American hunter in viral photo of slain giraffe is "proud to hunt"

Why do people do shit like this ?

AACxiPr.img

Images of hunters celebrating their trophies often draw widespread support and widespread condemnation - something Tess Talley knows first hand. In 2017, she killed a giraffe in South Africa. In 2018, her photo of the kill went viral and prompted worldwide outrage.

Talley joined "CBS This Morning" Friday to say that she's "absolutely" still going hunting.

"It's a hobby, it's something that I love to do," she said. Talley said that the controversial kill was part of a conservation hunt, designed to manage the amount of wildlife in a given area.

"I am proud to hunt," she said. "And I am proud of that giraffe."

False Flag! This woman is a part of the Global elites. She kills the slowest, harmless animal in the world. And then goes on a Never-Trumper and anti 2nd amendment station, like CBS, knowingly that there was some backlash behind her hunting this animal. She sounds like a person that sits around the table with the Bilderbergs party. Discussing about new plots on how to destroy the world. And wasn't there a meet just recently? She is not a hunter. She sounds more like a wealthy Valley girl, that is trying to paint an image of those that Pro-2nd amendment, as gun happy deplorables.

AACxiPr.img

Images of hunters celebrating their trophies often draw widespread support and widespread condemnation - something Tess Talley knows first hand. In 2017, she killed a giraffe in South Africa. In 2018, her photo of the kill went viral and prompted worldwide outrage.

Talley joined "CBS This Morning" Friday to say that she's "absolutely" still going hunting.

"It's a hobby, it's something that I love to do," she said. Talley said that the controversial kill was part of a conservation hunt, designed to manage the amount of wildlife in a given area.

A long as you aren't killing an endangered species I'm okay with it as long as the locals benefit.

So donate the hunting fees to the locals & not kill a defense animal. You people suck. Pay money & a guide points to an animal & you kill it. Wow, big tough hunter man.

Once more in English please.
It was in English. I don;t speak dumbass Trumpette.

So where are these defense animals?
Sounds like they'd be a hoot to hunt.

AACxiPr.img

Because the money they pay to shoot the one giraffe pays to save the entire population of Giraffes.....since without that money, they are nothing but nuisance animals to farmers....

That is one sad photo, it almost broke my heart, and I mean every word of it!

There is no one more conservative than me..... I am conservative to the bone....I just want to let that be known .......but the killing of a beautiful giraffe or any other wild life for sport, or for eating.....by the way.....why didn't she have a beef T-Bone steak? ????? why kill a lovely giraffe that was doing nothing to her? what sort of monster does that to wild life, that in many cases is almost extinct?

May be Karma someday will make her pay.....may she will end her life in the same way of that poor innocent giraffe she slaughtered.

SHAME ON THAT WOMAN! SHAME ON HER!

It is being done responsibly. Sadly, herds have to be culled periodically for one reason or another. This particular old bull was preventing younger males from impregnating the females. Within 2 years after his death, a new calf was born.

Could I do it? No. I hate to see it as much as anyone. I have a depth of love for animals no one could imagine. But sometimes it has to be done.
It also provides food for the tribes in the area-

Keeping the Species Alive.

Joyful news!! We did it!! I received a message from my Outfitters after harvesting the old bull, the young bulls were now able to join the herd and impregnate the females.

This new baby, is the first they have seen in 2 years.

Hunting in Africa provides one of the only sources of conservation for the animals there. The first reason I’m a hunter is conservation, the future development of the species. It’s a proven fact that hunting works, and I have the pictures to prove it!

Thank you......people just don't understand the dynamic at work.......without hunters, there would be massive extermination of those large herbivores since they impinge on farmland....

There is no one more conservative than me..... I am conservative to the bone....I just want to let that be known .......but the killing of a beautiful giraffe or any other wild life for sport, or for eating.....by the way.....why didn't she have a beef T-Bone steak? ????? why kill a lovely giraffe that was doing nothing to her? what sort of monster does that to wild life, that in many cases is almost extinct?

May be Karma someday will make her pay.....may she will end her life in the same way of that poor innocent giraffe she slaughtered.

It is being done responsibly. Sadly, herds have to be culled periodically for one reason or another. This particular old bull was preventing younger males from impregnating the females. Within 2 years after his death, a new calf was born.

Could I do it? No. I hate to see it as much as anyone. I have a depth of love for animals no one could imagine. But sometimes it has to be done.

Joyful news!! We did it!! I received a message from my Outfitters after harvesting the old bull, the young bulls were now able to join the herd and impregnate the females.

Hunting in Africa provides one of the only sources of conservation for the animals there. The first reason I’m a hunter is conservation, the future development of the species. It’s a proven fact that hunting works, and I have the pictures to prove it!

Thank you......people just don't understand the dynamic at work.......without hunters, there would be massive extermination of those large herbivores since they impinge on farmland....

And if you managed to keep them out of the crops they'd starve to death.

AACxiPr.img

Because the money they pay to shoot the one giraffe pays to save the entire population of Giraffes.....since without that money, they are nothing but nuisance animals to farmers....
Why are you people so unbelievably stupid and ignorant? Why? Are you so damn oblivious to life? Have you zero understanding how the animal and plant kingdom work? Damn all these dumb asses.

Let me explain one more time to the misinformed idiots on here as to how ecosystems work, and how we as a species benefit . Let's take Yellowstone. At the turn of the century, we wiped out every Gray Timberwolf in the west. And what happened when we exterminated the wolves? The land was over run by overgrazing of hoofed mammals depleting grasses, forbes, and small trees like willow and Cottonwood on the river banks. This reduced dramatically critical habitat for other species, creating an ecological desert. But one day, we decided to bring the wolves back. And guess what happened? The Cottonwoods and willows started to come back, providing a healthy food source of what was becoming a balanced herd of hoofed mammals because wolves were taking out the weak and sick, and allowing the essential plant life to come back. Guess what else happened? Beavers started to come back. And why are they so important? Because they built dams on the river providing critical habitat for water birds like Eagles, because the fish were pooled up and concentrated. It provided critical habitat for diving ducks to feed on submerged plants and gave them safer nesting sites. Everything benefited from bringing the wolves back, by perpetuating and growing populations of these animals. Hell, the wolves were responsible for changing the course of the rivers up there, because they changed the entire ecosystem for the good.

In other words, getting rid of a species, can mean the detriment of other species, and a decline in the health of the environment as a whole. And, when the health of an environment is in decline, do you think man himself is immune to that decline? This is why hunting a species that is endangered is such a foolish, dangerous game we play. These animals need to perpetuate at all costs. Even if it means going to war with those idiots who think indiscriminate hunting is good for the world. They are idiots, and unfortunately, we are forced to deal with them.

AACxiPr.img

Why are you people so unbelievably stupid and ignorant? Why? Are you so damn oblivious to life? Have you zero understanding how the animal and plant kingdom work? Damn all these dumb asses.

Let me explain one more time to the misinformed idiots on here as to how ecosystems work, and how we as a species benefit . Let's take Yellowstone. At the turn of the century, we wiped out every Gray Timberwolf in the west. And what happened when we exterminated the wolves? The land was over run by overgrazing of hoofed mammals depleting grasses, forbes, and small trees like willow and Cottonwood on the river banks. This reduced dramatically critical habitat for other species, creating an ecological desert. But one day, we decided to bring the wolves back. And guess what happened? The Cottonwoods and willows started to come back, providing a healthy food source of what was becoming a balanced herd of hoofed mammals because wolves were taking out the weak and sick, and allowing the essential plant life to come back. Guess what else happened? Beavers started to come back. And why are they so important? Because they built dams on the river providing critical habitat for water birds like Eagles, because the fish were pooled up and concentrated. It provided critical habitat for diving ducks to feed on submerged plants and gave them safer nesting sites. Everything benefited from bringing the wolves back, by perpetuating and growing populations of these animals. Hell, the wolves were responsible for changing the course of the rivers up there, because they changed the entire ecosystem for the good.

In other words, getting rid of a species, can mean the detriment of other species, and a decline in the health of the environment as a whole. And, when the health of an environment is in decline, do you think man himself is immune to that decline? This is why hunting a species that is endangered is such a foolish, dangerous game we play. These animals need to perpetuate at all costs. Even if it means going to war with those idiots who think indiscriminate hunting is good for the world. They are idiots, and unfortunately, we are forced to deal with them.
First time I've ever seen you make sense.

Before there was hunting, animals and plants enjoyed a symbiotic relationship. Refer to post #106. You do not understand the relationship between an ecosystem without man, versus intervention with man. The environment does not require hunting by man to survive, as I just pointed out. Hunting was/is merely a tool to feed man. It's up to man if he wants or does not want to upset that balance, to a level that interrupts and or destroys that balance of nature from over hunting, market hunting, or trophy hunting critically endangered species. Everything in life and nature depends on balance. And we are in control of that balance. But the balance does not need us to self correct. It's perfectly capable of doing it on its own.

AACxiPr.img

You missed the entire point.

If they want to help these animals, donate.

What thrill do people get when a guide points to an animal & you kill it?

Having a guide pointing to an animal & you kill it ain't hunting.

AACxiPr.img

When predators are thinned to much hunting is the only means of thinning the herd to avoid overpopulation of herbivores and their starvation.
Man must take the place of the carnivore which kill livestock.
I say it's a fair trade since we get to eat those tasty animals.

Whitetail deer were almost hunted to extinction so they made hunting them illegal. Ten years later they had overpopulated and were starving.
Hunting them is game management and beneficial to the sustainability of the animal.

i think it was a LEGAL HUNT eh . Those that don't like it shouldn't do it !!

Is anyone claiming it was illegal ?
Then what are you bitching about? Hunting is too manly for you?
Some DA's just do not understand the difference between hunting and management of all our resources to prevent extinction. We've already over hunted and exploited many species of plants and animals already. And what's worse, most humans are too ignorant to understand the relationships concerning the different land mass Biomes, available habitat within the Biomes, species tolerances, and ever expanding human populations. It's not just hunting that is reducing numbers, it's encroachment of critical habitat. That's where the disconnect comes in. Over hunting a species where critical habitat has been destroyed, only adds to the problem.

Take South florida for example where the Florida Panther lives. A big male requires thirty square miles of territory where it won't tolerate another male. And what happens to that other male when he moves out and runs into these vast areas of subdivisions at the swamps edge trying to find new territory? The cat can't move. Therefore, populations never really gain ground down there because of the human encroachment of habitat. Now, would it be smart to have a hunting season on the Florida Panther? Take a wild guess? The same problems exist all over the world. Which is why certain species should not be hunted, while at the same time, critical habitat needs to be returned. If we do not do that, numbers will always be critically low, and the justification to hunt these endangered animals will be even more shameful and irresponsible. Understanding the species and its needs is the first step in its preservation. But some folks just don't give a shit.
I wish I could be optimist about Florida wildlife. The Florida Panther is toast. I think there is only about hundred left. Habitat destruction will continue and will reduce their range as demand for new real estate developments continue. Breeding programs may be successful in increasing the numbers but eventually you hit the problem of where to release them. Nobody wants a full grown panther in their backyard.

Another problem Florida wildlife faces is destructive non-Florida animals which have been released which includes Burmese pythons, feral hogs, African Land Snails, iguanas, Lionfish, Cuban Tree Frogs, etc....

Before there was hunting, animals and plants enjoyed a symbiotic relationship. Refer to post #106. You do not understand the relationship between an ecosystem without man, versus intervention with man. The environment does not require hunting by man to survive, as I just pointed out. Hunting was/is merely a tool to feed man. It's up to man if he wants or does not want to upset that balance, to a level that interrupts and or destroys that balance of nature from over hunting, market hunting, or trophy hunting critically endangered species. Everything in life and nature depends on balance. And we are in control of that balance. But the balance does not need us to self correct. It's perfectly capable of doing it on its own.

You're kind of hovering around the truth.

there will always be pictures and video of these animals even if they disappear . In fact , i'd love to see Grizzly , wolves and cougar disappear never to be seen again in the wild . City Folk like YOU can look at them in 'piture books' Flopper

AACxiPr.img

In other words, don't fuck with Mother Nature cause she will come back and bite you in the ass.

AACxiPr.img

When predators are thinned to much hunting is the only means of thinning the herd to avoid overpopulation of herbivores and their starvation.

Whitetail deer were almost hunted to extinction so they made hunting them illegal. Ten years later they had overpopulated and were starving.
Hunting them is game management and beneficial to the sustainability of the animal.
We'll, I thought it would take longer for the ignorant to show up with something ridiculous, but I was wrong. But, it's not all your fault either, just to be fair. To truly understand the man, wildlife, livestock relationship, one must understand everything. You don't.

First off, you will notice, I never said I was against hunting. I hunt myself. And as a hunter,wildlife manager, student of nature, Ecology,Botany, Ornithology, Entomology, etc. I have a deep understanding and love for nature, and its usefulness to all life, including our own. I admire it, and appreciate what it gives us as a resource. But remember what I said. Everything, and I do mean everything has to balance. Which brings me to your argument about predators and livestock. Let me ask you this, if a population of humans in this country went from 325 million to say 1 billion, how many more livestock would we need to have to feed such a population, and how many more wolves would we need to shoot to feed such a population? And, how much more land would we need? If you could answer that question honestly and accurately you would tell me that we need to shoot more wolves and graze more wilderness right? Again, for us and nature to balance, concessions must be our number one priority, or something will lose. And nature is not in the business of losing. The wolves, like the Buffalo, the Elk, the Mule deer, the Rabbits, fish, Eagle, Trees, grass, and forbes were put here for a reason. They were put here to purify the environment and perpetuate their own kind by having other species preserve their own existence. Species depend on each other to perpetuate. It's been done for thousands of years, and has never needed our help.

Which brings me back to livestock and overpopulating humans again. That dynamic works the same way. When too many cows are put onto BLM land for example, overgrazing occurs, the land itself begins to spoiliate leaving the area as an ecological desert itself. Which is what happened in Yellowstone until the wolves came back. Meaning, we as humans have choices to make. Do we let a population balloon to 1 billion at the expense of overgrazed land by cattle and the extermination of the wolf again, or do we strive to balance our own population in order to maintain the health of the land and the plants and animals that live there? That's the real argument you need to discuss with yourself. It was never an argument about shooting wolves on grazing land outside the parks. The argument is, am I wise enough to understand the limitations of my own environment and to implement strategies so as all life has the chance to survive, perpetuate, and grow. This cannot be an argument that rests on blaming wolves. There is a much bigger question we need to ask. But, to answer it correctly, you must understand your own surroundings.

AACxiPr.img

In other words, don't fuck with Mother Nature cause she will come back and bite you in the ass.
Exactly! Nature doesn't care. But we should.

there will always be pictures and video of these animals even if they disappear . In fact , i'd love to see Grizzly , wolves and cougar disappear never to be seen again in the wild . City Folk like YOU can look at them in 'piture books' Flopper
And when grizzlies , wolves and cougar are all gone, there will be an explosion of the populations of deer, coyotes, coons, ect which in turn will dissimulate their food source.

Removing any level from an ecosystem disrupts a delicate balance that may have evolved over millions of years. These systems are comprised of a series of checks and balances between predator and prey, that tend to balance the whole. The removal of the top predators leads to an increase in their prey which in turn decreases it's food supply and which continues on down the chain.

AACxiPr.img

We'll, I thought it would take longer for the ignorant to show up with something ridiculous, but I was wrong. But, it's not all your fault either, just to be fair. To truly understand the man, wildlife, livestock relationship, one must understand everything. You don't.

First off, you will notice, I never said I was against hunting. I hunt myself. And as a hunter,wildlife manager, student of nature, Ecology,Botany, Ornithology, Entomology, etc. I have a deep understanding and love for nature, and its usefulness to all life, including our own. I admire it, and appreciate what it gives us as a resource. But remember what I said. Everything, and I do mean everything has to balance. Which brings me to your argument about predators and livestock. Let me ask you this, if a population of humans in this country went from 325 million to say 1 billion, how many more livestock would we need to have to feed such a population, and how many more wolves would we need to shoot to feed such a population? And, how much more land would we need? If you could answer that question honestly and accurately you would tell me that we need to shoot more wolves and graze more wilderness right? Again, for us and nature to balance, concessions must be our number one priority, or something will lose. And nature is not in the business of losing. The wolves, like the Buffalo, the Elk, the Mule deer, the Rabbits, fish, Eagle, Trees, grass, and forbes were put here for a reason. They were put here to purify the environment and perpetuate their own kind by having other species preserve their own existence. Species depend on each other to perpetuate. It's been done for thousands of years, and has never needed our help.

Which brings me back to livestock and overpopulating humans again. That dynamic works the same way. When too many cows are put onto BLM land for example, overgrazing occurs, the land itself begins to spoiliate leaving the area as an ecological desert itself. Which is what happened in Yellowstone until the wolves came back. Meaning, we as humans have choices to make. Do we let a population balloon to 1 billion at the expense of overgrazed land by cattle and the extermination of the wolf again, or do we strive to balance our own population in order to maintain the health of the land and the plants and animals that live there? That's the real argument you need to discuss with yourself. It was never an argument about shooting wolves on grazing land outside the parks. The argument is, am I wise enough to understand the limitations of my own environment and to implement strategies so as all life has the chance to survive, perpetuate, and grow. This cannot be an argument that rests on blaming wolves. There is a much bigger question we need to ask. But, to answer it correctly, you must understand your own surroundings.

As a lifelong hunter I can say you're full of shit.
Game management works,it's no different than fish management.
You control the taking of animals or fish and it mimics predation.

What you claim to be an expert in is denied by your (cough) colleges.....
Managed hunting can help maintain animal populations

And when grizzlies , wolves and cougar are all gone, there will be an explosion of the populations of deer, coyotes, coons, ect which in turn will dissimulate their food source.

Removing any level from an ecosystem disrupts a delicate balance that may have evolved over millions of years. These systems are comprised of a series of checks and balances between predator and prey, that tend to balance the whole. The removal of the top predators leads to an increase in their prey which in turn decreases it's food supply and which continues on down the chain.
------------------------------ AS Example] so you just start killing deer as example , kill them wholesale , no limit on how many can be killed . Out here we refer to Deer as Woods Rats there are so many of them Flopper .

Forum List

Back