American killed by bow and arrow trying to visit forbidden North Sentinel Island...

If these people’s actions were morally, and principly sound; then they would apply to everyone. Ergo, some farmer in Texas would be perfectly justified in blowing away “invaders”. Yet some here think that only these island dwellers have some manifest right to murder people.
Conversely the deceased is denigrated as some sort of invader who deserved to be killed for having the gall to enter this territory uninvited. And surely he is a front runner for this years Darwin Awards. But still. If ones morals and principles are consistent, and sound; what applies there, applies here, or anywhere else for that matter.

Last edited:
This is what relgion does to the mind. Makes you delusion that some character in the sky is going to protect you.

So you know for certain that the character in the sky doesn't exist, or that their is no possibility that a higher power exists. How'd we get here?

This is what relgion does to the mind. Makes you delusion that some character in the sky is going to protect you.

So you know for certain that the character in the sky doesn't exist, or that their is no possibility that a higher power exists. How'd we get here?

Even if there is a God, it's obvious he doesn't give a shit about human beings. Otherwise why did t God protect him? Or protect the many other people suffering in the world.

And I need evidence that God exist. I don't make a habit of going on faith anymore. I spent 30 years of my life doing that. I go by hard facts now.

Godboy said:
What does law have to do with anything?
You Don't Remember Saying This:
Godboy said:
International law or indian law.
Not That You Know Either One

And Then You Said This, Too:
their ignorance of the law
Question:
What Does Your Moral Authority Think
About You Telling The Same Lies Over And Over ??

Last edited:
Regardless of what the Sentinelese tribe might have thought, the guy did not have bad intentions, based on everything I’ve read about him so far. If what I read was correct, he genuinely believed that their eternal souls were at stake, and apparently he was determined to try and reach them with the Gospel, regardless of the risk.

It appears that he knew full well how dangerous it was, and as crazy as it may sound to regular people, it appears that he was willing to give his life, just for the opportunity to try and reach them.

It also seems that he knew he was breaking the rules, but the command by Jesus to go into all the world and share the Gospel was the higher law, in his view.

That said, there do seem to be some strange things about this case. I was involved with world missions for a number of years, and I’ve never heard of a case like this where someone went alone. Especially to the most dangerous place on earth. That sounds very strange and completely unheard of, based on my experience with missions work. The organization I was with was big on safety and doing things wisely, not foolishly or not in a way that puts missionaries lives at risk.

So I guess this was something he did on his own, not through a missions organization or church, but I haven’t looked into the story enough to know that for sure.

He didn’t do things wisely or strategically. He tried speaking to them in English which makes no sense. But who knows if the stories we read are accurate, with the news these days.

I’m just saying this because I see people here calling him a criminal, yada yada yada… When in reality, if what we’ve been reading is true, he had the best intentions, he just went about it all wrong.

Last edited:
If these people’s actions were morally, and principly sound; then they would apply to everyone. Ergo, some farmer in Texas would be perfectly justified in blowing away “invaders”. Yet some here think that only these island dwellers have some manifest right to murder people.
Conversely the deceased is denigrated as some sort of invader who deserved to be killed for having the gall to enter this territory uninvited. And surely he is a front runner for this years Darwin Awards. But still. If ones morals and principles are consistent, and sound; what applies there, applies here, or anywhere else for that matter.

Tell us where the laws are universal ?

Regardless of what the Sentinelese tribe might have thought, the guy did not have bad intentions, based on everything I’ve read about him so far. If what I read was correct, he genuinely believed that their eternal souls were at stake, and apparently he was determined to try and reach them with the Gospel, regardless of the risk.

It appears that he knew full well how dangerous it was, and as crazy as it may sound to regular people, it appears that he was willing to give his life, just for the opportunity to try and reach them.

It also seems that he knew he was breaking the rules, but the command by Jesus to go into all the world and share the Gospel was the higher law, in his view.

That said, there do seem to be some strange things about this case. I was involved with world missions for a number of years, and I’ve never heard of a case like this where someone went alone. Especially to the most dangerous place on earth. That sounds very strange and completely unheard of, based on my experience with missions work. The organization I was with was big on safety and doing things wisely, not foolishly or not in a way that puts missionaries lives at risk.

So I guess this was something he did on his own, not through a missions organization or church, but I haven’t looked into the story enough to know that for sure.

He didn’t do things wisely or strategically. He tried speaking to them in English which makes no sense. But who knows if the stories we read are accurate, with the news these days.

I’m just saying this because I see people here calling him a criminal, yada yada yada… When in reality, if what we’ve been reading is true, he had the best intentions, he just went about it all wrong.

Wait so you are a stupid girl and even you knew this was one of the most dangerous place on Earth?

How could that be?

Why? I didn’t speak of laws... I spoke of principles. People either have them. Or they dont...

Yes. Two things:

1. The Islanders were protecting a primitive culture, and they are "diverse", so much latitude is given. Too much.

2. There's savior complex going on here, and I don't mean on the part of the missionary. Many defenders of the Islanders believe they can't have been expected to know better--to know not to kill the man approaching.

Both are shameful if you ask me. You don't get more latitude because your skin is brown, you use bow and arrows and wear no clothes. And how did the Islanders know the man was not starving and just wanted food? We can't hold them to that standard? Why not?

Why? I didn’t speak of laws... I spoke of principles. People either have them. Or they dont...

Whos principles me or yours?

Left principles think having sanctuary cities and getting rid of ICE is a great idea..

I don't.

Yes. Two things:

1. The Islanders were protecting a primitive culture, and they are "diverse", so much latitude is given. Too much.

2. There's savior complex going on here, and I don't mean on the part of the missionary. Many defenders of the Islanders believe they can't have been expected to know better--to know not to kill the man approaching.

Both are shameful if you ask me. You don't get more latitude because your skin is brown, you use bow and arrows and wear no clothes. And how did the Islanders know the man was not starving and just wanted food? We can't hold them to that standard? Why not?

That doesn't even make sense they have no concept or contact with the out side world

Last edited:
Speaking Of 'Savior Complex'
SweetSue92 said:
to know not to kill the man approaching.
They FINALLY Drove Him Out
Yet, He Insisted On Returning AGAIN -- ILLEGALLY
He Asked For It

The Rest Of Your Post Is Made-Up Nonsense
You Know Isn't True, Yourself
So Is Not Worthy Of Addressing

Last edited:
What is missing here is posters who never been to a museum

Or a library or a zoo

ZoXahY0.gif

Even if there is a God, it's obvious he doesn't give a shit about human beings. Otherwise why did t God protect him? Or protect the many other people suffering in the world.

And I need evidence that God exist. I don't make a habit of going on faith anymore. I spent 30 years of my life doing that. I go by hard facts now.

Nowhere in the Bible did God promise that life in this world would be without hardships, or that we’re guaranteed a long life. God’s protection is a bigger picture sort of thing. In other words, even if we go through terrible trials, suffering, tragedies, etc, God can take a bad situation and bring something good out of it. In the long run, all things work together for good, for those who love God. But regardless of how good or bad our life is here in this world… If one has God, this is not all there is. This is just temporary, and our true home is in heaven. (From a Christian perspective, obviously.)

Nowhere in the Bible did God promise that life in this world would be without hardships, or that we’re guaranteed a long life. God’s protection is a bigger picture sort of thing. In other words, even if we go through terrible trials, suffering, tragedies, etc, God can take a bad situation and bring something good out of it. In the long run, all things work together for good, for those who love God. But regardless of how good or bad our life is here in this world… If one has God, this is not all there is. This is just temporary, and our true home is in heaven. (From a Christian perspective, obviously.)

But where in the Bible did god say if your an idiot I would save you?

Or a library or a zoo
What Isn't Missing
Is People That Create Their Own Laws Out Of Thin Air
And Think Their Supposed Moralities
Are Universally Binding On Everyone Else On Earth

Just Stand On A Street-Corner In Toronto
Talk The Awful Truth About Islam Or The Homosexual Lifestyle
And See What Happens To Their 'Freedom Of Speech' Laws
That They Enjoy Here In The United States

Or a library or a zoo
What Isn't Missing
Is People That Create Their Own Laws Out Of Thin Air
And Think Their Supposed Moralities
Are Universally Binding On Everyone Else On Earth

Just Stand On A Street-Corner In Toronto
Talk The Awful Truth About Islam Or The Homosexual Lifestyle
And See What Happens To Their 'Freedom Of Speech' Laws
That They Enjoy Here In The United States

Yea like microwave potato Head here on this thread, the ways Canada laws are I am banned from even entering anymore.

I am enjoying bear513 revealing he is mentally fucking ill. That said, now I want real French fries or a real potato!

Forum List

Back