American Slavery ..Why should Whites feel guilty?

I should think the whole idea is just a boogey man issue.
Over dramatization of sorts.

I believe you are creating the drama, imaginary scenarios of your own mind and passing judgements .

It's a rather straight forward question... sheesh

I kinda wanted a rational discussion on the topic... why don't you try that..:dunno:
blacks like to falsely claim Egyptian descent sooo should they feel guilty for enslaving Jews ???

Cartoon character racist idiots like this are why there cannot be a rational discussion of such issues as the OP.

I never have really understand who is telling you to feel guilty? Yeah, there might be a small movement for them to be compensated but it is not talked about much.
Do black people tell you that you should feel guilty about it quite a bit?
a little bit out of touch aren't you !!! it's all whites hear from blacks and lefty guilt ridden chicken shits !!

No it's not, you paranoid,

With this part I agree; no one has "told me" to feel guilty. I feel it was a shame on our nation, and racism EXISTS.

Why should modern day white people feel any sort of guilt over past slavery in America.. just wondering..?

I don't feel guilty over a thing. If anything, the modern day blacks should feel guilty if the think they are owed anything when their ancestors went through the horrors they did to get them the equality they have today.

I never have really understand who is telling you to feel guilty? Yeah, there might be a small movement for them to be compensated but it is not talked about much.
Do black people tell you that you should feel guilty about it quite a bit?
a little bit out of touch aren't you !!! it's all whites hear from blacks and lefty guilt ridden chicken shits !!

Bull fuckin shit, you just hate Blacks so much you make shit up.:cuckoo:

Why should modern day white people feel any sort of guilt over past slavery in America.. just wondering..?

Modern day white people should in no way feel guilty themselves, personally, for slavery because they had no part in it. I was born in the 1980's, which was 100+ years after slavery ended in this country. I'm saddened that it's a part of our collective history as Americans, but guilty? No, I don't feel guilty because I personally aren't guilty of anything.

If you're a white person and regard blacks as "inferior" to yourself, and treat black people disrespectfully in your life currently, then you should feel guilty for being a racist.

Last edited:
If white people should feel guilty over black slavery, Itay needs to pay Britian back for all those years of occupation.

Guilty? No.

Add parity to the system to right a wrong? Absolutely.

Even the most mild efforts at this draws wild scorn from conservatives.

we've already emptied thousands of dumptrucks full of money down a black hole to address the "white guilt" problem... with little to show for it...

how many more thousands of dumptrucks full of money will it take for assholes like you to shut the fuck up...?

eta... I apologize for calling you an asshole, Sallow...

Last edited:
No need to feel guilt. Guilt is impotent. Understand what happened and why it was and is wrong to enact. That is all.

No need to feel guilt. Guilt is impotent. Understand what happened and why it was and is wrong to enact. That is all.

I don't feel guilty but I get the feeling that I'm suppose to.

Why? can you give me a link of one Black person who said todays whites should be guilty for slavery? I hear alot of people say this but I never heard one Black person ever say this shit to me in real life.

Just in case nobody mentioned it, electing Obama was a form of payback.

Just in case nobody mentioned it, the deaths of more'n 600,000 people and the destruction of millions and millions of dollars worth of property during the war between the states was a form of payback...

As an individual, I don't feel any guilt. I don't treat anyone any different based on any dicriminatory factor, or at least hard not to. But as a society, the African American segment of our society hasn't particularly gotten a fair deal. We're all supposed to get equal protection under the law and equal opportunity in the marketplace, but I wouldn't say that is the case even today. Might be better than it was, but IMHO we still got a ways to go. Maybe we should all share in the responsibility for that.

Now why would anyone feel guilty if their great great great great ancestors....did not own any slaves? The vast majority did not.

And should some not feel that others owe them a DEBT of GRATITUDE? It would appear to me as if a good deal of white folks died freeing said slaves.

I should be collecting on both guilt scams.

Why? can you give me a link of one Black person who said todays whites should be guilty for slavery? I hear alot of people say this but I never heard one Black person ever say this shit to me in real life.

Black friends that I've had over the years have never mentioned it although at times they do discuss their feelings in regards to their continued feelings of race being a factor in their pursuit of advancement, raises and such in the workplace.

It could be a factor, they certainly felt that it was but I'm not completely sold on that view. The politics, the who you know, the keeping people in the key productive positions, the what a business can get away with and keep you hanging in there (especially these days)..etc. has a lot more to do with it than race in my mind but how could I be sure.:dunno:

btw I'm just asking the question and reading over the thread you could probably draw your own conclusions to your questions, although it varies.

Last edited:

Now why would anyone feel guilty if their great great great great ancestors....did not own any slaves? The vast majority did not.

And should some not feel that others owe them a DEBT of GRATITUDE? It would appear to me as if a good deal of white folks died freeing said slaves.

I should be collecting on both guilt scams.

The vast majority did not, you are right.

Only about one in four Southern families owned slaves.

As an individual, I don't feel any guilt. I don't treat anyone any different based on any dicriminatory factor, or at least hard not to. But as a society, the African American segment of our society hasn't particularly gotten a fair deal. We're all supposed to get equal protection under the law and equal opportunity in the marketplace, but I wouldn't say that is the case even today. Might be better than it was, but IMHO we still got a ways to go. Maybe we should all share in the responsibility for that.

Good post sir.

Forum List

Back