American Sniper---Best movie in years

If the dude the film is about hadn't been such a bullshitter, I might have seen it already.
If you know any sailors that aren't bullshitters, I don't wanna meet them
:)

I believe he's referring to the defamation lawsuit filed by Jesse Ventura.
Not just that. He lied about shoouting two would-be car jackers. Made the whole story up. He claimed he shot at Katrina looters. He wasn't there. And yes, he libeled Ventura, and Ventura was able to prove that in court, no small task.

Kyle also proclaimed a love for killing. Added up, he may have been an excellent human weapon, but he was a very poor human being.

And he killed monsters for a living...saving the lives of fellow soldiers.....goes a long way to evening the scales...if what you claim is true....and jesse ventura is an ass........
He was good at his job. His job was to kill people, and he enjoyed it. Seems like he had a bit of monster in him, too

If the dude the film is about hadn't been such a bullshitter, I might have seen it already.

Not just that. He lied about shooting two would-be car jackers. Made the whole story up. He claimed he shot at Katrina looters. He wasn't there. And yes, he libeled Ventura, and Ventura was able to prove that in court, no small task.

Kyle also proclaimed a love for killing. Added up, he may have been an excellent human weapon, but he was a very poor human being.

He was a human being who did a job for his country. And, like many before him, the job required that he kill. The job required that he learned to suppress the part of him that loathed killing and release the monster we all have inside us. I am always amazed at the people who expect a trained soldier, like a sniper, to be able to watch someone and kill them, and then not have it effect him at all.

Not just that. He lied about shooting two would-be car jackers. Made the whole story up. He claimed he shot at Katrina looters. He wasn't there. And yes, he libeled Ventura, and Ventura was able to prove that in court, no small task.

He was a human being who did a job for his country. And, like many before him, the job required that he kill. The job required that he learned to suppress the part of him that loathed killing and release the monster we all have inside us. I am always amazed at the people who expect a trained soldier, like a sniper, to be able to watch someone and kill them, and then not have it effect him at all.
I really don't see how it couldn't - unless he was a sociopath. Which he may have been, or he may have been turned into one.
Either way, I'll stop short of celebrating him - his story is either extremely tragic or extremely terrifying.

I really don't see how it couldn't - unless he was a sociopath. Which he may have been, or he may have been turned into one.
Either way, I'll stop short of celebrating him - his story is either extremely tragic or extremely terrifying.
As is the story of any of our fighting military and things that they were called/forced to do over there

As is the story of any of our fighting military and things that they were called/forced to do over there
I dont agree with that at all. In Kyle's case he was either a remorseless killer who found a home in the military or a regular guy turned in to a remorseless killer by the military.
In either case the man was clearly broken. However, that's not in any way the story of all our servicemen

I dont agree with that at all. In Kyle's case he was either a remorseless killer who found a home in the military or a regular guy turned in to a remorseless killer by the military.
In either case the man was clearly broken. However, that's not in any way the story of all our servicemen
Look at the number of "broken" people coming home.
My son being one of them.
Do you fully realize the damage that a humvee-mounted 50cal does to a human body and what that image does to the mind?

Look at the number of "broken" people coming home.
My son being one of them.
Do you fully realize the damage that a humvee-mounted 50cal does to a human body and what that image does to the mind?
Not saying war doesnt damage a lot of people, just not everyone or to the same degree

If you are not a pinheaded liberal from the Northeast, or a cocksucker from California, or a lunatic Muslim, you must go see it.

Its about a Heartland American who just did his duty as he saw it to do.
Most of the critics I have read disagree with you.

Rotten Tomatoes which is using a 170 plus reviews comes out at 74% good, not sure who you read.

90 million its first weekend out, Six Oscar nominations, including Best Actor and Best Movie.

Biggest box office hit ever for a January.

Most critics disagree with your critics.
I am reading European critics. They like Clint Eastwood and they are very disappointed with this movie.

European critics, I don't agree with them much, I find them to be pretentious.

All critics are pretentious. That's why I prefer sites like Rotten Tomatoes. Most people just want to be entertained for an hour and a half. I don't need the same "professional" film critics who reviewed Schindler's List telling me why I shouldn't like The Expendables.

I didn't really care for The Expendables, but you get my point. :D
Yes, many critics review all movies the same way, as if they are meant to be works of art instead of entertainment. If I want to see a movie, I usuallydo not read the reviews until after I have seen it.

If you are not a pinheaded liberal from the Northeast, or a cocksucker from California, or a lunatic Muslim, you must go see it.

Its about a Heartland American who just did his duty as he saw it to do.
Most of the critics I have read disagree with you.

Rotten Tomatoes which is using a 170 plus reviews comes out at 74% good, not sure who you read.

90 million its first weekend out, Six Oscar nominations, including Best Actor and Best Movie.

Biggest box office hit ever for a January.

Most critics disagree with your critics.
I am reading European critics. They like Clint Eastwood and they are very disappointed with this movie.

European critics, I don't agree with them much, I find them to be pretentious.
Many Americans would, I suppose.

He also lied when he said he would donate the royalties to families of the fallen soldiers. Of the $3 million in royalties a whopping total of $52,000 went to the families. That`s 2%.
Justice for Jesse Ventura Was Right in His Lawsuit National Review Online

He also lied when he said he would donate the royalties to families of the fallen soldiers. Of the $3 million in royalties a whopping total of $52,000 went to the families. That`s 2%.
Justice for Jesse Ventura Was Right in His Lawsuit National Review Online
How much did you donate asshole?

My parents were involved in the Selma marches. My father in the 2nd and 3rd, and my mother in the 3rd. I am still going to see the movie about Chris Kyle, simply because I am a fan of war movies and want to see it for my entertainment.

Forum List

Back